A Chess forum. ChessBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » ChessBanter forum » Chess Newsgroups » rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Gnu chess 5.05



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2  
Old July 15th 03, 05:00 PM
RayDoetsch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gnu chess 5.05

Thank you for information !

  #3  
Old September 7th 03, 02:33 AM
David Vancina
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gnu chess 5.05

Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

Have fun!

DJV

Anders Carlsson wrote:

(Chess) writes:


How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?

http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html


Seems exactly like what Ray is looking for. I noticed that GNU Chess
official web page is very sparse. Links to precompiled binaries may
not be the primary task for GNU projects, but I believe in this case
it could generate more users.


  #4  
Old September 7th 03, 02:42 AM
Tim Mann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gnu chess 5.05

No, they aren't. I don't have binaries of GNU Chess 5.05 or 5.06 on my
web page.

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 19:33:02 -0500, David Vancina wrote:
Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

Have fun!

DJV

Anders Carlsson wrote:

(Chess) writes:


How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?

http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html


Seems exactly like what Ray is looking for. I noticed that GNU Chess
official web page is very sparse. Links to precompiled binaries may
not be the primary task for GNU projects, but I believe in this case
it could generate more users.




--
Tim Mann http://www.tim-mann.org/
  #5  
Old September 7th 03, 11:10 AM
Anders Carlsson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gnu chess 5.05

David Vancina writes:

How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?
http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html

Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html


I think 5.06 is preferred over the buggy 5.02 release. Of course,
Tim Mann could if he wishes to make a link to the mentioned page
so visitors ending up on his pages can find their way to a recent
(although possibly not the very latest) GNU Chess release.

--
Anders Carlsson

"Please not to close to the hair, finger, clothes to run about the
inside's vehicle, in order to prevent quilt involvement." -- Bit Racer
  #6  
Old September 7th 03, 02:38 PM
David Vancina
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gnu chess 5.05

Sorry. Wasn't paying attention to the version number. Winboard
downloads with 5.0.2, right?

Tim Mann wrote:

No, they aren't. I don't have binaries of GNU Chess 5.05 or 5.06 on my
web page.

On Sat, 06 Sep 2003 19:33:02 -0500, David Vancina wrote:

Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html

Have fun!

DJV

Anders Carlsson wrote:


(Chess) writes:



How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?

http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html


Seems exactly like what Ray is looking for. I noticed that GNU Chess
official web page is very sparse. Links to precompiled binaries may
not be the primary task for GNU projects, but I believe in this case
it could generate more users.





  #7  
Old September 7th 03, 04:32 PM
Tim Mann
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gnu chess 5.05

On 07 Sep 2003 11:10:01 +0200, Anders Carlsson wrote:
David Vancina writes:

How about GNU Chess 5.06 ?
http://web.wt.net/~chess/gnuchess.html

Binaries are available on http://www.tim-mann.org/chess.html


I think 5.06 is preferred over the buggy 5.02 release. Of course,
Tim Mann could if he wishes to make a link to the mentioned page
so visitors ending up on his pages can find their way to a recent
(although possibly not the very latest) GNU Chess release.


I have been waiting for 5.07 because Simon told me there are bugs in
5.06 that are fixed in CVS. That was in May, but 5.07 isn't here yet.
How time flies.

I suppose I can put in a link to the URL you gave, but I have no idea
who compiled that 5.06 binary. I want to have time to download it,
virus-check it, and try it before I recommend it.

--
Tim Mann http://www.tim-mann.org/
  #8  
Old September 8th 03, 02:20 AM
Simon Waters
external usenet poster
 
Posts: n/a
Default Gnu chess 5.05

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Tim Mann wrote:

I have been waiting for 5.07 because Simon told me there are bugs in
5.06 that are fixed in CVS. That was in May, but 5.07 isn't here yet.
How time flies.


5.07 is loitering waiting on nice people in, or wired to, Boston to do
some administrative stuff.

There is one bug reported in 5.06 since I sent the 5.07 tar ball to the
FSF, it is also in 5.07, argh.

I suppose I can put in a link to the URL you gave, but I have no idea
who compiled that 5.06 binary. I want to have time to download it,
virus-check it, and try it before I recommend it.


The link is to binary produced by a chap called Mike AFAIK.

Personally I'd trust him to compile binaries for my Windows partition,
but that doesn't say much as I use GNU/Linux for all the important stuff.

Simon, who needs some more time to play chess against his computer.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQE/W8syGFXfHI9FVgYRAlQ2AKDLyjK2M3K8SNorP/jZ4BdxnHLZ6ACgkz1Y
iezqxeQP0b7QhHLvD9lpuO4=
=ZYEl
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
USCF Catalogue Remainers ASCACHESS rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) 2 May 13th 04 08:46 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2017 ChessBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.