email chess organizations. a few questions

Old July 16th 03, 03:47 AM
png0

Default email chess organizations. a few questions

i've been looking at a few email chess organizations as this is a route i've
chosen to play a classic strategy game and meet new folks. i have a few
questions i'd like to ask the experts:

why are they all free with limitations? is there a group of some kind out
there free without limitations?
also, i prefer a browser type setup (ie; redhotpawn.com/ itsyourturn.com).
both of these a free with limitations. are there any with browser setup
that is free without limitations?
am i asking too much?

i'm new to this world of email chess, so please forgive the ignorance. i'm
only trying to get some help from the experts.

pls reply to newsgroup.

thanks png0

Old July 17th 03, 12:10 AM
Dan Yobry

http://gameknot.com baby!!!!

Heck, if you sign up, challenge me. I suck so you can probably win!

Here's my info (and proof that I suck):
http://gameknot.com/stats.pl?danyobry

~Dan

Old July 20th 03, 06:04 PM
Andras Galos

i've been looking at a few email chess organizations as this
is a route i've
chosen to play a classic strategy game and meet new folks.

why are they all free with limitations? is there a group of

some kind out
there free without limitations?

If you are interested in traditional correspondence chess, the
classical IECC
(http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Midfield/1264/) and IECG
(www.iecg.org) are all free without limitations.

If you are talking about online chess, most sites offer free
access with limitation only.
I don't know them all, but this is the usual situation.

If you mean server based correspondence chess, many sites offers
this, but also with limitations. I know only my site that offers
free server based correspondence games without any limitations.
If you are interested in this type of playing, see www.e4ec.org
for details.

Andras Galos
E4EC