Tim Hanke Chess Trivia Game

Old July 20th 03, 01:54 AM

Default Tim Hanke Chess Trivia Game

Tim Hanke Chess Trivia Game

Several posters have suggested that I am slandering Tim Hanke by
saying that he intends to use his position on the USCF Executive Board
to force the USCF to sell his game in the catalog, even though the
game has not yet been produced and nobody knows whether there will be
a market for it.

Here are some quotes by Tim Hanke on this subject. Nobody paid much
attention, because nobody thought that Hanke would be elected. Let the
readers decide: Was Hanke joking or not?

Subject: Chesstours' True Identity Revealed
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 2003-04-30 06:46:30 PST

I will force USCF to produce my chess trivia game at membership
expense, and feature it on the cover of their next catalog.

Tim Hanke

From: Tim Hanke )
Subject: The Summer of Love Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 2003-06-06 07:48:39 PST

If I win a Board seat, the "Campaign of Love" will become the "Summer
of Love." In the first 100 Days of my regime I plan to --

1. Fill the USCF catalog with products from the "House of Hanke,"
especially my excellent chess trivia game, but also whatever chess
products I can buy cheaply in India and sell through USCF at 500%
markup for my personal profit.

On May 30, 2003, Tim Hanke wrote:

If I get elected to the Board, can I sell my chess trivia game in the
front pages of the USCF catalog? Tim Hanke -- I am a candidate for the
U.S. Chess Federation Executive Board in the 2003 election. Please
visit my website at http://www.timothyhanke.net.

Date: 2003-05-02 08:12:55 PST

If USCF wants some sharp layout and design and editing for their
publications, they could do worse than come to me. Why should Glenn be
the only one slurping at the trough? I have expenses too, you know.
Like this chess trivia game I am trying to get published.

Tim Hanke
--

Subject: My chess trivia game
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 2003-02-25 16:57:19 PST

I would rather suppose something that works. Let's suppose my game
retails for $25 and I cut the USCF in for 25%. The USCF makes $6.25 on
every game, not bad considering they have no money tied up in
inventory.

Tim Hanke

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 2003-03-18 19:17:24 PST

Maybe USCF will respond to my emails about my chess trivia game if I
tell them it is a homosexual chess trivia game produced by USCF staff
using company resources on their lunch hour. Couldn't hurt; might
help. Tim Hanke -- I am a candidate for the U.S. Chess Federation

Subject: My story and I'm sticking to it
Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 2003-02-25 11:48:39 PST

I have emailed the office twice with questions about whom to talk to
regarding my chess trivia game, to see if USCF wants to include it in
their catalog as a drop-ship item (i.e. USCF would not have to spend
cash on inventory, just forward the orders to the factory in Michigan
in exchange for a cut of the sales price), but so far, no responses
whatever. :-(

Tim Hanke

Old July 20th 03, 02:38 AM
Loki

Jezum Crow,

Let it go already! The readers already decided.

Loki

Newsgroups: rec.games.chess.politics
Date: 2003-04-30 06:46:30 PST

Old July 20th 03, 03:03 AM
Bill Smythe

"Sam Sloan" wrote:
.... Let the readers decide: Was Hanke joking or not? ....

Oh come on, Sam. If it wasn't already clear that he was joking, it
certainly is now, as a result of your direct quotes.

Bill Smythe

Old July 20th 03, 03:20 AM

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003 20:03:29 -0500, "Bill Smythe"
wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote:
.... Let the readers decide: Was Hanke joking or not? ....

Oh come on, Sam. If it wasn't already clear that he was joking, it
certainly is now, as a result of your direct quotes.

Bill Smythe

I certainly thought he was joking, before the election.

However, now that he has been elected, and he says the same things, if
it is a joke, it is not funny any more.

Old July 20th 03, 04:10 AM
Gunny Bunny

wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote:
.... Let the readers decide: Was Hanke joking or not? ....

Oh come on, Sam. If it wasn't already clear that he was joking, it
certainly is now, as a result of your direct quotes.

Bill Smythe

I certainly thought he was joking, before the election.

However, now that he has been elected, and he says the same things, if
it is a joke, it is not funny any more.

Sam Sloan

Come on Sam, *smile* be happy

Wait, Hanke gets a new job as the head of chess in the USA and your still a
peon Taxi driver in New York, who is mocked, ridiculed and spit-on by
everybody....

I feel your pain Sammy !