Will anybody who voted for Sam Sloan DARE to speak up?

Old July 21st 03, 04:07 AM
Dr. Hypermodern

Default Will anybody who voted for Sam Sloan DARE to speak up?

I voted for Sam Sloan.
And you are very rude.

who is matt nemmers anyway?

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message news:[email protected]
(And no, pity-votes and jokes don't count. And if you were drunk when you
voted for him, that doesn't count either.)

Would anyone who *seriously* voted for Sloan thinking he was a *serious*
candidate like to hang a big matzah-ball out there and admit it on a public
forum? And if so, would you care to explain WHY you did so, in light of his
obvious character flaws and insanity?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Matt

Old July 21st 03, 06:56 AM
Eric Hicks

I would vote for Sam.

As a lawyer, the guy argued a case in front of the Supreme Court. I
respect that kind of stuff.

He graduated from Berkeley. (I am biased in this way since I did as
well)

He seems to have dedicated his life to chess politics without being in
office.

Seems to be well connected and well rehearsed in the scene.

Seems to really care about it.

Although I have been out of Chess politics, his name is somehow more
recognizable to me than any of the other delicates or Executive Members.
Perhaps that is because he is so active in these groups.

I think his qualifications and passions speak for themselves and I
believe he would do a great job for American Chess. The fact he is
willing to do it for free without financial gain is pretty incredible
given that he is an attorney who I am assuming could be making big
bucks.

Just my two cents for whatever its worth. I am listening to both sides
and there seems to be serious mud slinging in all directions...but it is
amazing so many qualified talented people are willing to donate their
time and energies to American CHess and the USCF still be in dire
trouble....it is a sad statement.

...x
Old July 21st 03, 12:44 PM
John Lamont

He came a lot closer than I thought.. I will vote for him next time.
Old July 21st 03, 01:25 PM

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003 08:04:45 -0400, "StanB"
wrote:

"Dr. Hypermodern" wrote in message
. com...

I voted for Sam Sloan.
And you are very rude.

who is matt nemmers anyway?

He works for George Bush.
Show some respect.

now who is dr. hypermodern anyway?

StanB

What StanB is telling you is that Matt Nammers is in the Navy.

Old July 21st 03, 03:14 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

Well, does the fact that he`s a known pedophile (who seems PROUD of that
fact) mean nothing? He even has/had a picture of an underage girl naked on
his website, which so far as I know is illegal.

Look, LOOK, at his insane, absolutely ridiculous BS and see if this is a
reasonable, intelligent person that you want in the USCF Executive Board:

Here`s one example of his insanity. He thinks the US government based plans
in Afghanistan off of his "Plan to Divide Afghanistan":

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=%2...o.ne t&rnum=1

Read, just do a search for "Sam Sloan" on deja.com. He can`t even
understand the very basic premise that the CHESS NEWSGROUPS are for CHESS
CONTENT, and probably over half of his posts have zero to do with chess.
Someone who can`t even comprehend this most basic of concepts surely has no
business on Executive Board the United States of America`s chess federation.

Look at his WEBSITE, for crying out loud, the guy is absolutely insane, and
sick to boot. Ever read his article, "How to Rape a Woman"? This is the
type of person who should represent the USA in our national chess
federation? Are you serious?

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...et%26rnum%3D21

Here he says: "Once again, I am a better man than Richard Peterson as proven
by the
fact that I have more wives than Richard Peterson has, my wives have
more children than the wives of Richard Peterson have, and the highest
rated of my wives children have higher chess ratings than the children
of Richard Peterson's wives have."

Look at this stuff here, this is SICK:

http://www.samsloan.com/maesai-v.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/wives.htm

Just go to the website http://www.samsloan.com/ and at the bottom is a long
list of pages, where he describes all the prostitutes he has had, multiple
wives, even UNDERAGE GIRLS.

Read this stuff and tell me again why he is a good candidate. Search for
his past postings in deja.com and tell me, based on some of his absolutely
insane posts where he sometimes describes things that could not possibly
exist within the bounds of physical reality, how he is a good candidate.

Please, explain it to me, based on the above. I`d LOVE to understand.
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...ng-fv1.aol.com

- Joshua B. Lilly

Old July 21st 03, 07:08 PM
John Lamont

Yeah, isn't it a hoot? Imagine the fun we'll have when he's running things..
Old July 21st 03, 07:16 PM
StanB

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message

What StanB is telling you is that Matt Nammers is in the Navy.

Who is Nammers? Does he work at the Windjammers?

StanB