ICC vs USCF ratings

Old July 24th 03, 10:32 AM
RSHaas

Default ICC vs USCF ratings

My last USCF rating was 1954.. about 10 years ago. My last ICC was about
1720-ish about 12 months ago. The 1500 -1700 ICC rated players I've
encountered are much stronger that the typical USCF 1500-1700. (RSHaas)
Old July 25th 03, 03:49 AM
Tom E.

"RSHaas" wrote in message
My last USCF rating was 1954.. about 10 years ago. My last ICC was about
1720-ish about 12 months ago. The 1500 -1700 ICC rated players I've
encountered are much stronger that the typical USCF 1500-1700. (RSHaas)

If I may ask, what are the usual time controls in the USCF?
I set my ICC games at 25 and 10 seconds per move, but I
usually win or lose with 5 min or so left on my clock.
Anything less than 25 flat min is too hasty for me.
Tom

Old July 25th 03, 06:35 PM
chris

type "help survey"

"Tom E." wrote in message

"Your_Name" wrote in message
om...
"Tom E." wrote in message

If I played 100 standard games on ICC
and 100 in OTB tourneys, what would you
estimate the rating difference to be?

ICC keeps statistics about the ICC rating of its members and their OTB
rating (USCF, FIDE, etc.). Those are available on ICC - you can make
your own conclusions. If you can't find them, ask a helper.

That's a thought, but how many armchair chess players
are in USCF? The IM's and GM's hardly ever play standard
games on ICC, so you can't really draw a comparison there.
Tom

Old July 27th 03, 05:45 AM
Dan Heisman

Tom,

People ask me this on my chess talk radio show on www.chess.fm Mondays at 7-9PM Eastern.

I generally tell them that for the lower standard ratings, ICC standard averages about 150 rating points
below USCF. Of course both USCF Quick and ICC blitz are MUCH lower than their standard counterparts, and it
varies greatly from individual to individual depending upon lots of factors.

Regards,
NM Dan Heisman
www.danheisman.com