Forster critique of Kasparov/Plisetsky

Old July 24th 03, 07:31 PM
Louis Blair

Default Forster critique of Kasparov/Plisetsky

Charles Blair wrote (Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:38:03 GMT):

Richard Forster, a frequent contributor to chesscafe and (I think)
an International Master, has a detailed critique of the annotations
of one game from MY GREAT PREDECESSORS. The bottom
line was that most but not all of the material followed a book by
Soloviev and Khalifman (CHESS STARS) without
acknowledgement, and that at least one of the new suggestions
was wrong.

The Forster critique is on the chesshistory web site.

_
http://www.chesshistory.com/

Old July 24th 03, 07:43 PM
Louis Blair

I wrote:

Charles Blair wrote (Thu, 24 Jul 2003 14:38:03 GMT):

Richard Forster, a frequent contributor to chesscafe and (I think)
an International Master, has a detailed critique of the annotations
of one game from MY GREAT PREDECESSORS. The bottom
line was that most but not all of the material followed a book by
Soloviev and Khalifman (CHESS STARS) without
acknowledgement, and that at least one of the new suggestions
was wrong.

The Forster critique is on the chesshistory web site.

_
http://www.chesshistory.com/

_
I probably should have added the suggestion to
click on "The Critical Eye" and then click on
"1) Kasparov".