kosteniuk Cheater?!

Old March 16th 04, 07:00 PM
Kerry Liles

Default kosteniuk Cheater?!

All of you should get real: Almira Scripchenko is a stunning lady who happens to
play top calibre chess... IMHO

"John Lamont" wrote in message
om...
I've always been partial to Anna Hahn myself.. mmmm.

Old March 18th 04, 04:28 AM
michael adams

Kerry Liles wrote:

All of you should get real: Almira Scripchenko is a stunning lady who happens to
play top calibre chess... IMHO

"John Lamont" wrote in message
om...
I've always been partial to Anna Hahn myself.. mmmm.

What about Judit putting the 'hard' word on Micky at the hotel Luxor,
rm.505 - (Cannes, circa. 2001) uh?!..

Old April 14th 04, 03:36 AM
Nick

David Richerby wrote in
message ...
Nick wrote:
David Richerby wrote:
Flobby Bischer wrote:
Everyone on icc says Kosteniuk was cheating on dos hermanas tourney.
hahahahahahahahaha she's such a loser

If she was cheating *and* losing, that would, like, suck.

Dave, nice 'valley accent' (if that's what it was)! :-)

Something like that. :-)

I wonder how much of the problem is that people have a great deal of
difficulty believing that a beautiful woman might be capable of anything
other than being beautiful.

As I recall, some academic studies have found that persons, both men and
women, who are perceived as above average in physical attractiveness also
tend to be perceived as above average in their competence at work, even though
other 'hard data' about their performance may not support that perception.

Yet it seems plausible enough to me that an exceptionally beautiful woman
could arouse (in addition to some other feelings!) much envy and resentment,
which could provoke a 'backlash' (denying her proper credit) against her
apparent successes even in fields (such as chess) wherein her beauty should
not be perceived as a relevant advantage.

Accordingly, the relevant question is whether or not Alexandra Kosteniuk
should be perceived as a beauty who's ravishing enough to provoke such
envy and resentment. In the eyes of this beholder, she's not quite there.

--Nick
Old April 15th 04, 03:28 AM
Michael Dean

I hope this isn't a terribly stupid question, but how does one cheat at
chess, other than by making illegal moves and hoping your opponent doesn't
notice?

--
Michael Dean

"Ken Cobb" wrote in message
On 13 Apr 2004 19:36:30 -0700,
(Nick) wrote:

Accordingly, the relevant question is whether or not Alexandra Kosteniuk
should be perceived as a beauty who's ravishing enough to provoke such
envy and resentment. In the eyes of this beholder, she's not quite

there.

--Nick

She is in my eyes. Quite a pretty young lady.

Ken

Old April 15th 04, 04:07 AM
Benjamin Jordan

By playing online and using an engine to help you choose moves.

"Michael Dean" wrote in message
link.net...
I hope this isn't a terribly stupid question, but how does one cheat at
chess, other than by making illegal moves and hoping your opponent doesn't
notice?

--
Michael Dean

"Ken Cobb" wrote in message
On 13 Apr 2004 19:36:30 -0700,
(Nick) wrote:

Accordingly, the relevant question is whether or not Alexandra

Kosteniuk
should be perceived as a beauty who's ravishing enough to provoke such
envy and resentment. In the eyes of this beholder, she's not quite

there.

--Nick

She is in my eyes. Quite a pretty young lady.

Ken

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old April 15th 04, 04:24 AM
michael adams

Nick wrote

snip

Accordingly, the relevant question is whether or not Alexandra Kosteniuk
should be perceived as a beauty who's ravishing enough to provoke such
envy and resentment. In the eyes of this beholder, she's not quite there.

--Nick

Mmm, interesting. I've made an effort to google & ie6 a perve on
'Alexandra' and it's difficult to determine the shape of her butt, she
always seems to be sedentary. For me, of course this is 'de - rigour' (a
la K. Minogue) in the sense that, if the butt is ok then female
attraction follows. So on a scale of 1 - 10, how would Kostenuik rate?..

Old April 15th 04, 05:36 AM
Mike Murray

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 02:28:17 GMT, "Michael Dean"
wrote:

I hope this isn't a terribly stupid question, but how does one cheat at
chess, other than by making illegal moves and hoping your opponent doesn't
notice?

Paying your opponent to throw the game
Throwing the game in return for pay or future considerations (my
opponent will throw a game to me when I need it sometime)
Deliberately using a defective clock (one side runs faster than the
other)
Getting advice from 3rd parties (or computers) -- some guys have used
radio headphones in tournaments.
Running to the john to consult an opening book

The possibilities are limited only by human ingenuity

Old April 15th 04, 03:52 PM
David Richerby

Mike Murray wrote:
"Michael Dean" wrote:
I hope this isn't a terribly stupid question, but how does one cheat
at chess, other than by making illegal moves and hoping your opponent
doesn't notice?

Paying your opponent to throw the game
Throwing the game in return for pay or future considerations (my
opponent will throw a game to me when I need it sometime)
Deliberately using a defective clock (one side runs faster than the
other)
Getting advice from 3rd parties (or computers) -- some guys have used
radio headphones in tournaments.
Running to the john to consult an opening book

You seem to be quite an expert, Mike. :-)

Dave.

--
David Richerby Moistened Cat (TM): it's like a cat
www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~davidr/ but it's moist!
Old April 15th 04, 04:09 PM
Mike Murray

On 15 Apr 2004 15:52:57 +0100 (BST), David Richerby
wrote:

Mike Murray wrote:
"Michael Dean" wrote:
I hope this isn't a terribly stupid question, but how does one cheat
at chess, other than by making illegal moves and hoping your opponent
doesn't notice?

Paying your opponent to throw the game
Throwing the game in return for pay or future considerations (my
opponent will throw a game to me when I need it sometime)
Deliberately using a defective clock (one side runs faster than the
other)
Getting advice from 3rd parties (or computers) -- some guys have used
radio headphones in tournaments.
Running to the john to consult an opening book

You seem to be quite an expert, Mike. :-)

The real challenge is to do them all in a single tournament.