Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Part of Gashimov Memorial contract by Offramp
I further solemnly promise that I will not write any notes or analysis, indite, carve, mark, engrave, or otherwise them delineate, or cause or suffer it to be so done by others, if in my power to prevent it, on anything, movable or immovable, under the canopy of Heaven, whereby or whereon any letter, character, or figure, or the least trace of a letter, character, or figure, may become legible,...
April 24th 15 03:14 PM
by Euclides Zoto[_3_] Go to last post
1 285
Internet chess. by Euclides Zoto[_3_]
I'm hearing there is a new cheating program now where the bots can't detect. I suppose it was only a matter of time. Not sure how it works but considering the way people use computers now soon you'll be able to cheat in live tournaments and not get caught. I hope that never happens but it amazes me to what extent people will do this. Soon GO computers will be stronger that 9 dan players and...
April 22nd 15 12:27 PM
by Euclides Zoto[_3_] Go to last post
2 306
Saving PGN files on the web by Eliyahu
Bs'd How can I save PGN files on the web?
April 20th 15 04:20 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
6 527
in the last 10 years ... Are top pro chess players making less money ? by [email protected]
I saw a 5-year-old thread entitled, How much do average Top 100 professional chess players make? About $40k USD a year revenues, after expenses. I wonder (because computer chess programs are getting to be so good) .... in the last 10 or 15 years.... 1. Are top professional chess players making less money? 2. Are there fewer professional chess players? 3. Is there less interest in chess...
April 15th 15 02:17 AM
by Euclides Zoto[_3_] Go to last post
1 340
Lasker and Lasker by Justin Thyme
I don't think Emanuel Lasker and Edward (or Eduard) Lasker were related, but perhaps someone could confirm (or deny) that? -- I do not believe in revealed religion I will have nothing to do with your immortality; we are miserable enough in this life, without speculating on another. Lord Byron, 1778-1824, letter to Rev. Francis Hodgson, 1811
April 12th 15 11:36 AM
by Offramp Go to last post
6 484
Answer to Suit in Sloan vs. Goichberg has been filed by USCF by Samuel Sloan
The USCF has filed an answer to the case Sloan vs. Goichberg The answer can be downloaded from yousendit.com until May 30 You can paste the following address into your browser: https://rcpt.yousendit.com/1129222589/1539fc41d6632993ef57f503a349043c The answer is a non-answer. It does not address any of the issues in the complaint such as the fact that I have been kicked off the USCF ballot in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
April 12th 15 10:33 AM
by Offramp Go to last post
13 944
Wesley So? by Euclides Zoto[_3_]
It has been a rough tournament for So. If a guy like him could have so much trouble for his first time in a US championship then it is a nightmare for other first timers who aren't even as high rated as So. So tomorrow Saturday could decide the tournament as Robson plays Naka. Should be an exiciting round indeed. EZoto
April 11th 15 06:15 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
5 466
Planet Karpov by M Winther
You have probably heard that Vishy Anand has now a planetoid named after himself: http://en.chessbase.com/post/going-viral-with-planetoid-vishyanand You can name planets as well as craters on Mars he http://www.uwingu.com/ For a small sum, I have named some craters on Mars myself. Naming planets is more important, so it occurs by nomination and voting. So we chess players should really...
April 10th 15 01:22 PM
by M Winther Go to last post
6 519
Gata Kamsky by Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Though Robson and Nakamura are in the lead, Kamsky is one point behind. Watching Kamskys games to this point, he has saved 1\2 points in two dangerous games against Naka and Sevian which he "looked" lost but salvaged the 1\2. I'm guilty like a lot of people that we take for granted what a special player he is. The rare gift to play with the draw in hand. My opinion but I'll get criticized but...
April 5th 15 06:04 PM
by Euclides Zoto[_3_] Go to last post
3 391
Nakamura - Akobian by Euclides Zoto[_3_]
2nd round of the US championship and it was a Burn French defense. Can anyone comment on that game because it doesn't make any sense at all. I know GM's have a bad game now and then but this was totally awful by Akobian. With all the computers and technique these days this game came out of the stone age. Naka got an extra rest day if you ask me. EZoto
April 4th 15 03:58 PM
by Euclides Zoto[_3_] Go to last post
5 448
fantasy chess by Offramp
On Tuesday, 17 March 2015 05:47:17 UTC, wrote: How goes the following matches? 23 year old Magnus Carlsen vs. 23 year old Gary Kasparov Carlsen vs. 23 year old Karpov Carlsen vs. 23 year old Mikhail Tal Carlsen vs. 23 year old Bobby Fisher --
March 17th 15 05:45 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
0 303
Claiming a draw by Paul
In a pro event, I was surprised to see a player summon the arbiter to claim a draw under the 50 move rule. Surely, a better idea is for the claimer to simply offer a draw first, and only involve the arbiter if the offer is declined. That way is both more amicable and more efficient. I can't imagine that anyone would decline a draw in that situation -- pretty easy to check the scoresheet. Paul
March 5th 15 08:26 PM
by Paul Go to last post
2 410
Chessbase interview with Karpov by Offramp
We met in Karpov's office in the Duma around New Year. It was snowing outside. Spending his holidays in warmer climes was not to Karpov's taste. If possible, we've always spent the holidays in family and in Moscow. This time we will spend the holidays modestly. My wife and I are not fans of large parties the 12th World Champion explained. In documentaries about you, we learn and see you...
March 3rd 15 09:13 AM
by Offramp Go to last post
6 614
My Games from the 40th Peoples Tournament by samsloan
1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 Bxg4 3.c4 Nf6 4.cxd5 c6 5.Qb3 Qb6 6.dxc6 Nxc6 7.Qxb6 axb6 8.Nc3 e5 9.Nb5 Ra5 10.Nc3 Bc5 11.a3 b5 12.Rb1 b4 13.axb4 Bxb4 14.e3 Bf5 15.e4 Be6 16.d3 Bb3 17.Kd2 Nd4 18.Nf3 Ba2 19.Nxd4 exd4 20.Ra1 O-O 21.e5 Bd5 22.Rxa5 Bxa5 23.exf6 Bxg2 24.Rg1 Bd5 25.Rxg7+ Kh8 26.Rg5 Rd8 27.Kc2 dxc3 28.bxc3 Bc7 29.h4 Bc6 30.Ba3 Bd6 31.Bc1 Re8 32.Be3 Be5 33.Rf5 Bd7 34.Rf3 Bg4 35.Rf4 Bxf4 36.Bxf4 Re2+ 0-1
February 18th 15 12:33 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 491
Why I called Narciso Rabell Mendez a "comlete nut"? by samsloan
Some people who obviously do not know Narciso Rabell Mendez well have questioned my statement that he is a "complete nut". The previous year, in 1969 the FIDE Congress was held in San Juan Puerto Rico. I was there as a player. I did not attend the FIDE meetings. At that meeting, Edmondson proposed Max Euwe to be the next FIDE President. The Soviets did not oppose it but did not immediately agree...
February 13th 15 11:24 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 490
outbooking ?? by [email protected]planet.nl
some decades ago, some chess programmers hated some guys making opening books with some forced lines; he was wrong; besides the middle ame (oops you have to think (eg Silman) , in the end its the endgame (carlsen) which is most important. so if you play chess you better understand some simple stuff about openings, middlegame, and endgame jef
February 12th 15 07:30 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 380
Gibraltar Games by Phil Innes
Great cast of characters, including Nakamura who has begun his game this way 0 : WGM Vojinovic, Jovana 32:37 0 GM Nakamura, Hikaru 44:03 1 d4 f5
February 2nd 15 02:18 AM
by EJAY Go to last post
8 554
Fatherless chess players... by Offramp
For the whole history of chess only thirteen people have held the World Champion title. Only three of them lived with their fathers in childhood years: Max Euwe, Vasily Vasilyevich Smyslov and Tal. But Tal and Smyslov both were World Champions just for a year. Euwe for 2.
February 1st 15 03:04 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 376
4502 Solutions for Chemistry and Chemical Engineering Books by [email protected]
List of Solutions Manuals and Test Banks ________________________________________ contact me at : mattosbw1(at)gmail.com Are available a lot of solution manuals/test banks (it is just a partial list). Then if you need one solutions manual/test bank just send me an email. Change the (at) for @
January 31st 15 01:46 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 490
Dynamic Scoring Simplified by Quadibloc
On my web page, at http://www.quadibloc.com/chess/ch0622.htm I describe how a 12 by 8 chessboard could be packaged with a limited set of pieces suitable to four chess variants and a simplified version of Random Variant Chess. I'm probably going to change the page a little more, because the set as it stands won't let you play Courier Chess - and I think that a variant based on
January 29th 15 11:39 PM
by Quadibloc Go to last post
2 369
Post New Thread