Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
The 4th issue of the "Chess Chronicle" by Goran Tomic
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. "Helen Keller" Dear Chess Friends-
August 7th 05 03:39 AM
by Goran Tomic Go to last post
1 271
Tar and feather for Mr. Brennen and Mr Kingston by The Historian
Goran Tomic wrote: Golden times gone forever! There were thieves, but there were justice, too. In past time the justice was very cruel, but it could satisfy damaged side. Hanging horse thieves, or for some less robberies mill in tar and feather. And, what could expect our modern thieves and cheaters and Vandals? We could read:...
August 7th 05 02:23 AM
by Goran Tomic Go to last post
3 307
What Happens to USCF NOW? by Lemenzo
Sloan says that Marinello is still signing contracts. When does the new Board take over, and when do they kick her out?
August 6th 05 08:43 PM
by The Historian Go to last post
3 317
1.d4 leading to Ruy Lopez by Alan OBrien
Does anyone have the score of a game - it is in an Edward Winter book that I can't find in my house - that opens 1.d4 but transposes into a Spanish? One of the players may have been Nimzowitsch, and I think the bok was Kings, Commoners and Knaves. -- Work like the ponies in coalmines. Dance like the teardrop explodes. Love like you're Frank in Blue Velvet. Sing as though your little throat would...
August 6th 05 08:42 AM
by Alan OBrien Go to last post
3 310
Belfort 2005 - Anna Muzychuk - Jie Wang - World Champion by Tantale
Winner of the Girl's under 16: Anna Muzychuk (Slovenia) http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Belfort_Anna_Muzychuk.htm Incredible talent from China: Jie Wang, under 10 champion http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Belfort_Jie_Wang.htm -- J'ai découvert que tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos dans une chambre.
August 5th 05 12:16 PM
by Tantale Go to last post
0 349
Chess player Susan Polgar is queen of her game by [email protected]
The Susan Polgar gig was covered over here in Malaysian newspapers, replete with photos.
August 5th 05 02:35 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 299
Helemaal volgens het boekje :) by [email protected]
Bs'd ;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game ;White: wagner962000 ;Black: Eliyahu ;Date: Thu Aug 04 17:53:31 GMT 2005 1. e2-e4 e7-e5 2. g1-f3 b8-c6 3. f1-c4 c6-d4
August 4th 05 08:05 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 283
European Chess Team Championship highlights round 5 by OlimpBase
Please find highlights of round 5 of European Chess Team Championship held in Gothenburg, Sweden: Avrukh (Israel) - Guseinov (Azerbaijan) Eljanov (Ukraine) - Gustafsson (Germany) Karjakin (Ukraine) - Kritz (Germany) Lputian (Armenia) - Ivanisevic (Serbia and Montenegro) Palo (Denmark) - Balogh (Hungary) Kotronias (Greece) - Kozul (Croatia)
August 4th 05 03:19 PM
by OlimpBase Go to last post
0 244
My Great Chess Predecessors, Part IV - Fischer by ian burton
Has Edward Winter reviewed this volume by Kasparov. I only managed to see it for the first time this past week, and Kasparov's use of USA is driving me to despair. There is no USA Open Championship; there is no USA Invitational Championship; there is no USA Junior Championship. All mentions of USA here should simply be US. Does Kasparov think he is improving on American usage by his tone-deaf...
August 3rd 05 06:40 PM
by David Ames Go to last post
7 351
European Chess Team Championship by OlimpBase
The European Team Championship is on the way. Since we decided to extend OlimpBase database for other team events than the Olympiads (the World Team Championship had already been fully documented and European and Panamerican Team Championships are under heavy construction!) we are proud to offer you daily reports with most important information, results, and first of all game highlights covering...
August 3rd 05 12:38 PM
by OlimpBase Go to last post
0 246
Open Chess Tournament Los Angeles by [email protected]
This is a Summons to Chess Tourney! Are you an utterly obsequious coward? We, the partisans, paladins, and protagonists of the Exposition Park Chess Club very greatly desire the attendance of brave chess players. This coming first Sunday of the month, Aug. 7th, will be the occasion of a free, unrated, three-round chess tournament. Cash prizes will *NOT* be awarded, but the names of the winners...
August 2nd 05 10:53 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 241
Shame, thievery and anarchy by Jerzy
Here`s the full story by Aviv Friedman http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/archives/shame_thievery_and_anarchy.htm
August 2nd 05 07:22 PM
by Jerzy Go to last post
0 284
Looking for internet-saavy chess players who want to work on a new chess community site by [email protected]
Hi! We are working on a new chess site and are looking for internet-saavy chess players who want to be involved. Current needs a forum moderators, article writers, chess data collection, and a few others. Please email if you are interested!
August 2nd 05 04:28 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 279
I'm a Patzer; I Bought Chess Mentor by Jerry Creed
Not really, I'm just under Kasparov...............he lives in the condo above me. I've been trying to find one other guy that bought Chess Mentor. I might be their best and ONLY customer. Nobody answers the phone, or the email or fills the orders. Is it me? Hello, is this on???? Jerry
August 2nd 05 03:47 AM
by Jerry Creed Go to last post
9 365
authenticy of the oldest game by [email protected]
Salut, ICofybase (www.icofy.de) tells me that the game Francesco di Castellvi vs Narciso Vinyoles played 1485 in Spain should be oldest. I have found the game also he http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=3D1259987
August 1st 05 11:10 PM
by Frank Große Go to last post
5 733
LAUGH A LITTLE TAKE A BREAK... by iplaypkr
Message for the OWNER! A woman is approaching a very small Bistro. She calls the barkeeper and, when he is standing in front of her, she asks him in a very seductive way to come nearer. Then she bends over the desk and starts to caress his beard. "Are you the boss of this Bistro?" she asks and touches tenderly his cheek. "Ehhh. No. Not at all!" the barkeeper replies. "Would you please call him...
August 1st 05 10:51 PM
by iplaypkr Go to last post
0 289
The Sam Sloan TV Show by Niemand
Sam Sloan wrote: This chess lesson covers the most basic chess openings and endgames, and is suitable for absolute beginners who know nothing about chess, like Bill Brock for example. "It has always been my policy not to gloat over my victories and to be respectful of the opponents I have defeated." -- Sam Sloan, 12 June 2005
August 1st 05 09:45 PM
by Niemand Go to last post
0 268
The longest mate TableBases 6 pieces by Orphee
At this adress you can put a position with 6 pieces and most of the time you are given the TableBase result. http://www.k4it.de/index.php?topic=egtb (I have used it to check the nice study of Benko given at http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Benko/base.htm, the last of the list) Does anybody has looked for one record length mate using these TableBases ? - With 5 pieces One can get positions needing...
August 1st 05 08:07 PM
by Orphee Go to last post
2 508
Sam's Games from the World Open by Sam Sloan
I played poorly in the World Open in games 4 and 5. I do not know what went wrong with me, especially in Game 4. Perhaps these games can be used to lure another opponent into a one thousand dollar grudge match like the one I won the previous weekend in Chicago. The last game, which I won, was fairly interesting against a promising Junior. My score of 6-3 earned me a prize of $37.50, but was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 05 07:07 PM
by Angelo DePalma Go to last post
12 560
fighting spirit in a chess tournament by [email protected]
Writing about the recent Biel tournament, ChessBase says at http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2541 that "The statistics of the men's section shows 63% (19 of 30 games) draws, with White winning 27% and Black 10% (eight and three games respectively). If we compare these numbers to the Ladies Tournament we get the following pictu We have to praise the fighting spirit of the women...
August 1st 05 02:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 289
Post New Thread