Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Tim Hanke vs. The Freedom Fighters by Sam Sloan
By now, Tim Hanke should be happily in a fox hole over in Iraq, shooting it out with the Freedom Fighters. On Jan 29 at 8:34 pm, under "USCF Governance" Tim Hanke wrote: "This may sound quaint to you, but my only agenda was to save the USCF, which was about to go out of business in 2003. "Now that I have saved the USCF, I'm looking around for something else to do. This is why I re-joined the...
9 298
Chess politics by Terry
Why are American chess politics taking over this newsgroup. ? The subject is of no interest to most of us. There is a separate newsgroup fo chess politics. Sooooo - will Sam Sloan and Pete Casso please **** off. Regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 05 12:37 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
55 1,042
Hi guys by [email protected]
Guys myself sneha iyer an indian girl i have started this new group called as chess-lovers. just visit it once and i m sure u would like it. Regard's Sneha Iyer
July 29th 05 05:47 AM
by Jason... Go to last post
2 329
Qualifications by Sam Sloan
I have met Bill Hall and I feel that he is a good choice and will make a good executive director. He certainly could not be worse than a few of the others we have had. He seems to understand clearly who his new boses are and he made the shift in allegiance quickly. The real question will arise if and when the new board decides to move out of Crossville. That will not happen for a while, however.
July 28th 05 10:13 PM
by Sam Sloan Go to last post
0 227
Karpov vs FIDE by PeteCasso
Almost as 'cute' as the USCF vitriol Karpov lands a first blow against FIDE http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2495 The empire strikes back http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2537 FWIW, I'm pro-Karpov. First, there are precedences that actual chess players make good FIDE presidents (Euwe, Olafsson). Secondly, just about any change
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 05 09:23 PM
by Ken Jones Go to last post
11 407
Doggypoop in Playground by PeteCasso
I'll play in a less polluted playground for now, see you later
2 255
Bi-Weekly Online Magazine - Chess Chronicle by Goran Tomic
You can download the third issue of Chess Chronicle, Bi-Weekly Online Magazine. Web site: http://pkchess.bizland.com/cc/CCWS2.htm Here are some information about it: Authors: GM Vassily Ivanchuk, GM Alexander Sulypa, GM Rashid Ziyatdinov, GM Petar Genov, GM Zenon Franco, WGM Ana Matnadze, IM Jovan Petronic, IM Dejan
6 274
Sutovsky presents Sutovsky vs Kramnik by PeteCasso
In less than 1 hour from now, Sutovsky presents on ICC how he demolished Kramnik in Dortmund recently. For audio: http://chess.fm/ and click on play For the board: type 'follow GMAlex' after logging in to ICC
July 27th 05 07:14 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
0 201
Tips for Grade-School Chess Club by Chaim
I'm considering starting a chess club at my son's school. He's 9 years old, and the school is K-8. Because the school is small and the interest is not widely shared, I expect members from several grades and varied levels of ability. I am not a particularly good player, and I've never been in a chess club. My thought was that I would try to match comparable players, and each meeting give out a...
July 27th 05 06:26 PM
by Ron Go to last post
6 253
Biel Last Round by PeteCasso
Leader Volokitin drew his uneventful game at move 26 against tail-ender Carlsen. Chaser Gelfand won an exciting game against Nakamura, and chaser Pelletier is still playing. Volokitin and Gelfand are well on to sharing first prize (not sure about any tiebreakers), since in the game Bauer vs Pelletier, White has a significant edge in a blockading position. Nakamura went gung-ho apparently trying...
July 27th 05 05:45 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
3 238
Bible Black by Alan OBrien
Has anyone here seen Blivle Black - the hentai occult / witchcraft film? -- Work like the ponies in coalmines. Dance like the teardrop explodes. Love like you're Frank in Blue Velvet. Sing as though your little throat would burst.
2 247
Biel Round 9 by PeteCasso
Oy veh, ejay, oy veh! Nakamura lost again, he is now a full point behind the leader Volokitin who drew his game today. Pelletier's win against Nakamura is well deserved, however, his exchange sacrifice for positional gain would have made even Petrosian proud. Carlsen vs Bauer for the privilege of solitary occupation of the cellar in Biel is still going on.
July 27th 05 12:02 AM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
3 245
14 studies of Jan Timman by Orphee
with paintings http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Timman/base.htm -- http://www.jmrw.com/ J'ai découvert que tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre Pascal (Pensées)
July 26th 05 11:03 PM
by Orphee Go to last post
0 247
Chess and Supreme Court by cynic
Senior master Eugene Meyer was on CNN today . No. Not about chess. About the law. Meyer is president of the Federalist Society whose mission is to respect the Constitution by interpreting it back in 1787. Supreme Court nominee John Roberts is a member of this society and
July 26th 05 10:32 PM
by Jerzy Go to last post
7 284
Photomontage of World Youth Chess Championships 2005 by Orphee
http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Belfort.htm (220k) With good eyes you can see Anatoly Karpov -- http://www.jmrw.com/ J'ai découvert que tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre Pascal (Pensées)
July 26th 05 09:20 PM
by Orphee Go to last post
3 228
That was Bad by [email protected]
For my last posting i got this reply, Hi guys Report Abuse From: Matt Nemmers To: Anonymous User Date Posted: Jul 24, 2005 3:06:38 AM Message-ID: We don't like Indians posting here Sneha. Take a subtle hint and ****
July 26th 05 06:09 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
7 287
CHESS MASTERMINDS WEBSITE ACTIVATION by Rob
The Chess Masterminds website is now up and activated. Please come and check it out and post comments in the forum. www.chessmasterminds.com Rob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 05 04:07 PM
by Chess One Go to last post
17 495
Goichberg Slate is sweeping election by Sam Sloan
Goichberg Slate is sweeping election Although only 25% of the ballots have been counted, the Goichberg slate consisting of Goichberg, Channing, Shahade and Tanner are leading in the USCF Election by a margin of more than two-to-one. They are so far ahead in the race that it will be virtually impossible for any of the other candidates to catch them. For example, although Steve Shutt lives in...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 05 01:15 PM
by X-file Go to last post
11 378
Chess playing fifth man by Alan OBrien
I seem to remember that the fifth man in the Philby-Burgess-MacLean-Blunt spy ring was rumoured to be a chess player. The internet seems to think that John Cairncross was the 5th man, but I don't think he was a chess player. Victor Rothschild is also put in the frame - he did play chess but he is not the man whose name I saw mentioned in the 80s in the BCM. Was there someone else? -- Work like...
July 26th 05 11:49 AM
by Alan OBrien Go to last post
2 250
Biel Round 8 by PeteCasso
Oy, ejay, oy! Nakamura lost, he played rather irrationally, did he not? Or he grossly overestimated his own chances in the opening where he was way ahead in development at the expense of a bunch of pawns. Well, still 4 more rounds to go! Standings after Biel Round 8 1. Andrei Volokitin (UKR, 2671) 5.0 2. Hikaru Nakamura(USA, 2660) 4.5
July 26th 05 07:58 AM
by EJAY Go to last post
2 218
Post New Thread