Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Chess Puzzles - August 1st by W T Harvey
Here are some puzzles taken from the chess games of strong players at tournaments in June. Except where noted, it's "Black to Move and Win". a) http://wtharvey.com/w2005a.png White Mates in 7. Ivan Sokolov vs Dmitry Frolyanov, Warsaw, 2005 r7/pb2q2p/1p4k1/2p5/4p1NP/1P2P3/PQ4P1/5RK1 w - - 0 1 b) http://wtharvey.com/w2005b.png White to move and win.
July 31st 05 04:57 PM
by W T Harvey Go to last post
0 236
Chess Webmaster Tools Web Site by [email protected]
Here is a new web site with free tools, tips, and recommendations for chess webmasters: http://www.correspondencechess.com/webmaster/ Enjoy! John Knudsen
0 242
Internet Chess Club Suggestion by [email protected]
I would like to propose to the ICC and Blitzin devs a new option as a result of an amazingly frustating and common occurance on the ICC - signing off after a win to avoid a rematch. The option is called "Auto Rematch." It is based on the same concept as "No Escape" where you are charged a loss if you disconnect during the game. "Auto Rematch" would charge a loss if your opponent sings off...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 30th 05 11:52 PM
by Jason... Go to last post
29 737
Tim Hanke vs. The Freedom Fighters by Sam Sloan
By now, Tim Hanke should be happily in a fox hole over in Iraq, shooting it out with the Freedom Fighters. On Jan 29 at 8:34 pm, under "USCF Governance" Tim Hanke wrote: "This may sound quaint to you, but my only agenda was to save the USCF, which was about to go out of business in 2003. "Now that I have saved the USCF, I'm looking around for something else to do. This is why I re-joined the...
9 322
Chess politics by Terry
Why are American chess politics taking over this newsgroup. ? The subject is of no interest to most of us. There is a separate newsgroup fo chess politics. Sooooo - will Sam Sloan and Pete Casso please **** off. Regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 05 12:37 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
55 1,129
Hi guys by [email protected]
Guys myself sneha iyer an indian girl i have started this new group called as chess-lovers. just visit it once and i m sure u would like it. Regard's Sneha Iyer
July 29th 05 05:47 AM
by Jason... Go to last post
2 352
Qualifications by Sam Sloan
I have met Bill Hall and I feel that he is a good choice and will make a good executive director. He certainly could not be worse than a few of the others we have had. He seems to understand clearly who his new boses are and he made the shift in allegiance quickly. The real question will arise if and when the new board decides to move out of Crossville. That will not happen for a while, however.
July 28th 05 10:13 PM
by Sam Sloan Go to last post
0 250
Karpov vs FIDE by PeteCasso
Almost as 'cute' as the USCF vitriol Karpov lands a first blow against FIDE http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2495 The empire strikes back http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2537 FWIW, I'm pro-Karpov. First, there are precedences that actual chess players make good FIDE presidents (Euwe, Olafsson). Secondly, just about any change
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 05 09:23 PM
by Ken Jones Go to last post
11 451
Doggypoop in Playground by PeteCasso
I'll play in a less polluted playground for now, see you later
2 277
Bi-Weekly Online Magazine - Chess Chronicle by Goran Tomic
You can download the third issue of Chess Chronicle, Bi-Weekly Online Magazine. Web site: http://pkchess.bizland.com/cc/CCWS2.htm Here are some information about it: Authors: GM Vassily Ivanchuk, GM Alexander Sulypa, GM Rashid Ziyatdinov, GM Petar Genov, GM Zenon Franco, WGM Ana Matnadze, IM Jovan Petronic, IM Dejan
6 296
Sutovsky presents Sutovsky vs Kramnik by PeteCasso
In less than 1 hour from now, Sutovsky presents on ICC how he demolished Kramnik in Dortmund recently. For audio: http://chess.fm/ and click on play For the board: type 'follow GMAlex' after logging in to ICC
July 27th 05 07:14 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
0 227
Tips for Grade-School Chess Club by Chaim
I'm considering starting a chess club at my son's school. He's 9 years old, and the school is K-8. Because the school is small and the interest is not widely shared, I expect members from several grades and varied levels of ability. I am not a particularly good player, and I've never been in a chess club. My thought was that I would try to match comparable players, and each meeting give out a...
July 27th 05 06:26 PM
by Ron Go to last post
6 282
Biel Last Round by PeteCasso
Leader Volokitin drew his uneventful game at move 26 against tail-ender Carlsen. Chaser Gelfand won an exciting game against Nakamura, and chaser Pelletier is still playing. Volokitin and Gelfand are well on to sharing first prize (not sure about any tiebreakers), since in the game Bauer vs Pelletier, White has a significant edge in a blockading position. Nakamura went gung-ho apparently trying...
July 27th 05 05:45 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
3 269
Bible Black by Alan OBrien
Has anyone here seen Blivle Black - the hentai occult / witchcraft film? -- Work like the ponies in coalmines. Dance like the teardrop explodes. Love like you're Frank in Blue Velvet. Sing as though your little throat would burst.
2 270
Biel Round 9 by PeteCasso
Oy veh, ejay, oy veh! Nakamura lost again, he is now a full point behind the leader Volokitin who drew his game today. Pelletier's win against Nakamura is well deserved, however, his exchange sacrifice for positional gain would have made even Petrosian proud. Carlsen vs Bauer for the privilege of solitary occupation of the cellar in Biel is still going on.
July 27th 05 12:02 AM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
3 270
14 studies of Jan Timman by Orphee
with paintings http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Timman/base.htm -- http://www.jmrw.com/ J'ai découvert que tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre Pascal (Pensées)
July 26th 05 11:03 PM
by Orphee Go to last post
0 271
Chess and Supreme Court by cynic
Senior master Eugene Meyer was on CNN today . No. Not about chess. About the law. Meyer is president of the Federalist Society whose mission is to respect the Constitution by interpreting it back in 1787. Supreme Court nominee John Roberts is a member of this society and
July 26th 05 10:32 PM
by Jerzy Go to last post
7 316
Photomontage of World Youth Chess Championships 2005 by Orphee
http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Belfort.htm (220k) With good eyes you can see Anatoly Karpov -- http://www.jmrw.com/ J'ai découvert que tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos, dans une chambre Pascal (Pensées)
July 26th 05 09:20 PM
by Orphee Go to last post
3 254
That was Bad by [email protected]
For my last posting i got this reply, Hi guys Report Abuse From: Matt Nemmers To: Anonymous User Date Posted: Jul 24, 2005 3:06:38 AM Message-ID: We don't like Indians posting here Sneha. Take a subtle hint and ****
July 26th 05 06:09 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
7 320
CHESS MASTERMINDS WEBSITE ACTIVATION by Rob
The Chess Masterminds website is now up and activated. Please come and check it out and post comments in the forum. www.chessmasterminds.com Rob
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 26th 05 04:07 PM
by Chess One Go to last post