Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Political Rating Floors by Sam Sloan
I just happened to look up Tom Dorsch and noticed that he has a rating floor of 2200, although his rating has never been higher than 2260. http://www.uschess.org/msa/MbrDtlMain.php?10496730 About half of the time, he has been bouncing off of the floor. Without the floor, his rating might have dropperd as low as 2100. An inordinate number of Chess Politicians have floors much higher than her...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 05 06:26 AM
by Bruce Go to last post
88 1,692
My Trusty Damiano's Defense Fails by Sam Sloan
I really cannot understand what went wrong. I played such a good opening. Soon I was a rook up. Yet I lost. Can somebody please tell me where I made my mistake? Sam Sloan
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 8th 05 02:07 AM
by Claus-Jürgen Heigl Go to last post
74 1,474
Take off stalkers and their supporters, return on chess by Goran Tomic
I'm so sad when I see human disaster. Nevertheless if it's tragedy of the stalker (like Mr. Brennen) who was cached using false name and writing false biography, or some human people. When tragedy happened for two people (nevertheless if they are thieves, like Mr. Brennen and Mr. Kingston, my sadness is larger). They are forever lost like writer on this newsgroup. Because all of us will regard...
August 7th 05 10:15 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 306
British championships - Isle of Man by Terry
Just been looking at the website and was very surprised to see the number of people playing. The overall strength is low. It looks as though it was a disasterous decision to play in this locations. Numbers at this event usually exceed 1000. Regards
August 7th 05 08:54 AM
by Terry Go to last post
0 256
Newbie: Advice wanted by [email protected]
I use to play with beginners. Recently I played advanced players who are part of a league. I myself noticed and one of the advanced players pointed out that I am all attack and no defense. I concur. It seemed that I can attack okay, but, the experienced players can knock the wind out of my attack. To improve, I need to know. a.) How to attack in force so my attacks are well supported. Not
August 7th 05 07:26 AM
by Inconnux Go to last post
5 363
Kashdan Fischer quote by Alan OBrien
Did Kashdan really say: "In Fischer's hands, A slight Theoretical Advantage Is as good As being A queen Ahead"?
August 7th 05 07:21 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 301
How Many Games Should I Study? by Roy Harper
I have read more than one titled player recommend studying LOTS of master games to improve. I think most recently I read something attributed to Silman that said once a player gets to a certain level, say 1800-2000, then one of the best things for him to do is to play over hundreds, perhaps even thousands, of games between strong players in order to build up your understanding of standard ideas...
August 7th 05 06:17 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 329
The 4th issue of the "Chess Chronicle" by Goran Tomic
Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. "Helen Keller" Dear Chess Friends-
August 7th 05 03:39 AM
by Goran Tomic Go to last post
1 299
Tar and feather for Mr. Brennen and Mr Kingston by The Historian
Goran Tomic wrote: Golden times gone forever! There were thieves, but there were justice, too. In past time the justice was very cruel, but it could satisfy damaged side. Hanging horse thieves, or for some less robberies mill in tar and feather. And, what could expect our modern thieves and cheaters and Vandals? We could read:...
August 7th 05 02:23 AM
by Goran Tomic Go to last post
3 338
What Happens to USCF NOW? by Lemenzo
Sloan says that Marinello is still signing contracts. When does the new Board take over, and when do they kick her out?
August 6th 05 08:43 PM
by The Historian Go to last post
3 348
1.d4 leading to Ruy Lopez by Alan OBrien
Does anyone have the score of a game - it is in an Edward Winter book that I can't find in my house - that opens 1.d4 but transposes into a Spanish? One of the players may have been Nimzowitsch, and I think the bok was Kings, Commoners and Knaves. -- Work like the ponies in coalmines. Dance like the teardrop explodes. Love like you're Frank in Blue Velvet. Sing as though your little throat would...
August 6th 05 08:42 AM
by Alan OBrien Go to last post
3 339
Belfort 2005 - Anna Muzychuk - Jie Wang - World Champion by Tantale
Winner of the Girl's under 16: Anna Muzychuk (Slovenia) http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Belfort_Anna_Muzychuk.htm Incredible talent from China: Jie Wang, under 10 champion http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Belfort_Jie_Wang.htm -- J'ai découvert que tout le malheur des hommes vient d'une seule chose, qui est de ne savoir pas demeurer en repos dans une chambre.
August 5th 05 12:16 PM
by Tantale Go to last post
0 374
Chess player Susan Polgar is queen of her game by [email protected]
The Susan Polgar gig was covered over here in Malaysian newspapers, replete with photos.
August 5th 05 02:35 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 331
Helemaal volgens het boekje :) by [email protected]
Bs'd ;Title: Yahoo! Chess Game ;White: wagner962000 ;Black: Eliyahu ;Date: Thu Aug 04 17:53:31 GMT 2005 1. e2-e4 e7-e5 2. g1-f3 b8-c6 3. f1-c4 c6-d4
August 4th 05 08:05 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 306
European Chess Team Championship highlights round 5 by OlimpBase
Please find highlights of round 5 of European Chess Team Championship held in Gothenburg, Sweden: Avrukh (Israel) - Guseinov (Azerbaijan) Eljanov (Ukraine) - Gustafsson (Germany) Karjakin (Ukraine) - Kritz (Germany) Lputian (Armenia) - Ivanisevic (Serbia and Montenegro) Palo (Denmark) - Balogh (Hungary) Kotronias (Greece) - Kozul (Croatia)
August 4th 05 03:19 PM
by OlimpBase Go to last post
0 275
My Great Chess Predecessors, Part IV - Fischer by ian burton
Has Edward Winter reviewed this volume by Kasparov. I only managed to see it for the first time this past week, and Kasparov's use of USA is driving me to despair. There is no USA Open Championship; there is no USA Invitational Championship; there is no USA Junior Championship. All mentions of USA here should simply be US. Does Kasparov think he is improving on American usage by his tone-deaf...
August 3rd 05 06:40 PM
by David Ames Go to last post
7 394
European Chess Team Championship by OlimpBase
The European Team Championship is on the way. Since we decided to extend OlimpBase database for other team events than the Olympiads (the World Team Championship had already been fully documented and European and Panamerican Team Championships are under heavy construction!) we are proud to offer you daily reports with most important information, results, and first of all game highlights covering...
August 3rd 05 12:38 PM
by OlimpBase Go to last post
0 269
Open Chess Tournament Los Angeles by [email protected]
This is a Summons to Chess Tourney! Are you an utterly obsequious coward? We, the partisans, paladins, and protagonists of the Exposition Park Chess Club very greatly desire the attendance of brave chess players. This coming first Sunday of the month, Aug. 7th, will be the occasion of a free, unrated, three-round chess tournament. Cash prizes will *NOT* be awarded, but the names of the winners...
August 2nd 05 10:53 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 264
Shame, thievery and anarchy by Jerzy
Here`s the full story by Aviv Friedman http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/archives/shame_thievery_and_anarchy.htm
August 2nd 05 07:22 PM
by Jerzy Go to last post
0 306
Looking for internet-saavy chess players who want to work on a new chess community site by [email protected]
Hi! We are working on a new chess site and are looking for internet-saavy chess players who want to be involved. Current needs a forum moderators, article writers, chess data collection, and a few others. Please email if you are interested!
August 2nd 05 04:28 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 303
Post New Thread