Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Open Chess Tournament Los Angeles by [email protected]
This is a Summons to Chess Tourney! Are you an utterly obsequious coward? We, the partisans, paladins, and protagonists of the Exposition Park Chess Club very greatly desire the attendance of brave chess players. This coming first Sunday of the month, Aug. 7th, will be the occasion of a free, unrated, three-round chess tournament. Cash prizes will *NOT* be awarded, but the names of the winners...
August 2nd 05 09:53 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 225
Shame, thievery and anarchy by Jerzy
Here`s the full story by Aviv Friedman http://www.chessninja.com/dailydirt/archives/shame_thievery_and_anarchy.htm
August 2nd 05 06:22 PM
by Jerzy Go to last post
0 268
Looking for internet-saavy chess players who want to work on a new chess community site by [email protected]
Hi! We are working on a new chess site and are looking for internet-saavy chess players who want to be involved. Current needs a forum moderators, article writers, chess data collection, and a few others. Please email if you are interested!
August 2nd 05 03:28 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 259
I'm a Patzer; I Bought Chess Mentor by Jerry Creed
Not really, I'm just under Kasparov...............he lives in the condo above me. I've been trying to find one other guy that bought Chess Mentor. I might be their best and ONLY customer. Nobody answers the phone, or the email or fills the orders. Is it me? Hello, is this on???? Jerry
August 2nd 05 02:47 AM
by Jerry Creed Go to last post
9 343
authenticy of the oldest game by [email protected]
Salut, ICofybase (www.icofy.de) tells me that the game Francesco di Castellvi vs Narciso Vinyoles played 1485 in Spain should be oldest. I have found the game also he http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=3D1259987
August 1st 05 10:10 PM
by Frank Große Go to last post
5 699
LAUGH A LITTLE TAKE A BREAK... by iplaypkr
Message for the OWNER! A woman is approaching a very small Bistro. She calls the barkeeper and, when he is standing in front of her, she asks him in a very seductive way to come nearer. Then she bends over the desk and starts to caress his beard. "Are you the boss of this Bistro?" she asks and touches tenderly his cheek. "Ehhh. No. Not at all!" the barkeeper replies. "Would you please call him...
August 1st 05 09:51 PM
by iplaypkr Go to last post
0 270
The Sam Sloan TV Show by Niemand
Sam Sloan wrote: This chess lesson covers the most basic chess openings and endgames, and is suitable for absolute beginners who know nothing about chess, like Bill Brock for example. "It has always been my policy not to gloat over my victories and to be respectful of the opponents I have defeated." -- Sam Sloan, 12 June 2005
August 1st 05 08:45 PM
by Niemand Go to last post
0 246
The longest mate TableBases 6 pieces by Orphee
At this adress you can put a position with 6 pieces and most of the time you are given the TableBase result. http://www.k4it.de/index.php?topic=egtb (I have used it to check the nice study of Benko given at http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Benko/base.htm, the last of the list) Does anybody has looked for one record length mate using these TableBases ? - With 5 pieces One can get positions needing...
August 1st 05 07:07 PM
by Orphee Go to last post
2 481
Sam's Games from the World Open by Sam Sloan
I played poorly in the World Open in games 4 and 5. I do not know what went wrong with me, especially in Game 4. Perhaps these games can be used to lure another opponent into a one thousand dollar grudge match like the one I won the previous weekend in Chicago. The last game, which I won, was fairly interesting against a promising Junior. My score of 6-3 earned me a prize of $37.50, but was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 05 06:07 PM
by Angelo DePalma Go to last post
12 531
fighting spirit in a chess tournament by [email protected]
Writing about the recent Biel tournament, ChessBase says at http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2541 that "The statistics of the men's section shows 63% (19 of 30 games) draws, with White winning 27% and Black 10% (eight and three games respectively). If we compare these numbers to the Ladies Tournament we get the following pictu We have to praise the fighting spirit of the women...
August 1st 05 01:34 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 269
URGENTLY NEED PHOTOS OF BORIS GULKO AND SUSAN POLGAR by Rob
Dear Group, I desperatly need high resolution photographs of Boris Gulko and Susan Polgar. Please contact me if you can help. Thanks, Rob Mitchell
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 05 12:19 PM
by Rob Go to last post
13 540
Susan Polgar world simultaneous chess record attempt by Jerzy
Here`s the story : http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2548
August 1st 05 09:29 AM
by Jerzy Go to last post
0 287
Open Letter to Beatriz by [email protected]
AN OPEN LETTER TO BEATRIZ MARINELLO July 26, 2005 Dear Beatriz: With slightly over two weeks remaining before the Delegates meet in Phoenix and the new Executive Board takes office, you have declared your intention to sign a contract with a builder to construct USCF's new headquarters in Crossville, and to arrange a mortgage to fund this construction cost.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
August 1st 05 07:24 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
40 1,026
Schildberg - Studie Germany 1915??? by [email protected]
I ran across the following wacky game and find it unbelieveable! It looks like it was composed by the two players -- or, given that the name of one is supposedly "Studie" i.e. a "study," perhaps it's a composition that found its way into a database. Is anyone familiar with this gem? Thanks! Schildberg,E - Studie Germany, 1915 1=2Ee4 d5 2.e5 d4 3.c3 f6 4.Qf3 Kf7 5.Qxb7 Qd5 6.Kd1 Qxg2 7.Kc2 Qxf1
August 1st 05 06:58 AM
by Manuel Wehrmann Go to last post
1 294
Chess Puzzles - August 1st by W T Harvey
Here are some puzzles taken from the chess games of strong players at tournaments in June. Except where noted, it's "Black to Move and Win". a) http://wtharvey.com/w2005a.png White Mates in 7. Ivan Sokolov vs Dmitry Frolyanov, Warsaw, 2005 r7/pb2q2p/1p4k1/2p5/4p1NP/1P2P3/PQ4P1/5RK1 w - - 0 1 b) http://wtharvey.com/w2005b.png White to move and win.
July 31st 05 04:57 PM
by W T Harvey Go to last post
0 273
Chess Webmaster Tools Web Site by [email protected]
Here is a new web site with free tools, tips, and recommendations for chess webmasters: http://www.correspondencechess.com/webmaster/ Enjoy! John Knudsen
July 31st 05 11:00 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 268
Internet Chess Club Suggestion by [email protected]
I would like to propose to the ICC and Blitzin devs a new option as a result of an amazingly frustating and common occurance on the ICC - signing off after a win to avoid a rematch. The option is called "Auto Rematch." It is based on the same concept as "No Escape" where you are charged a loss if you disconnect during the game. "Auto Rematch" would charge a loss if your opponent sings off...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 30th 05 11:52 PM
by Jason... Go to last post
29 817
Tim Hanke vs. The Freedom Fighters by Sam Sloan
By now, Tim Hanke should be happily in a fox hole over in Iraq, shooting it out with the Freedom Fighters. On Jan 29 at 8:34 pm, under "USCF Governance" Tim Hanke wrote: "This may sound quaint to you, but my only agenda was to save the USCF, which was about to go out of business in 2003. "Now that I have saved the USCF, I'm looking around for something else to do. This is why I re-joined the...
July 30th 05 02:48 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
9 355
Chess politics by Terry
Why are American chess politics taking over this newsgroup. ? The subject is of no interest to most of us. There is a separate newsgroup fo chess politics. Sooooo - will Sam Sloan and Pete Casso please **** off. Regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 05 12:37 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
55 1,247
Hi guys by [email protected]
Guys myself sneha iyer an indian girl i have started this new group called as chess-lovers. just visit it once and i m sure u would like it. Regard's Sneha Iyer
July 29th 05 05:47 AM
by Jason... Go to last post
2 379
Post New Thread