Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
The longest mate TableBases 6 pieces by Orphee
At this adress you can put a position with 6 pieces and most of the time you are given the TableBase result. http://www.k4it.de/index.php?topic=egtb (I have used it to check the nice study of Benko given at http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Benko/base.htm, the last of the list) Does anybody has looked for one record length mate using these TableBases ? - With 5 pieces One can get positions needing...
August 1st 05 07:07 PM
by Orphee Go to last post
2 457
Sam's Games from the World Open by Sam Sloan
I played poorly in the World Open in games 4 and 5. I do not know what went wrong with me, especially in Game 4. Perhaps these games can be used to lure another opponent into a one thousand dollar grudge match like the one I won the previous weekend in Chicago. The last game, which I won, was fairly interesting against a promising Junior. My score of 6-3 earned me a prize of $37.50, but was...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 05 06:07 PM
by Angelo DePalma Go to last post
12 499
fighting spirit in a chess tournament by [email protected]
Writing about the recent Biel tournament, ChessBase says at http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2541 that "The statistics of the men's section shows 63% (19 of 30 games) draws, with White winning 27% and Black 10% (eight and three games respectively). If we compare these numbers to the Ladies Tournament we get the following pictu We have to praise the fighting spirit of the women...
0 248
URGENTLY NEED PHOTOS OF BORIS GULKO AND SUSAN POLGAR by Rob
Dear Group, I desperatly need high resolution photographs of Boris Gulko and Susan Polgar. Please contact me if you can help. Thanks, Rob Mitchell
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
August 1st 05 12:19 PM
by Rob Go to last post
13 508
Susan Polgar world simultaneous chess record attempt by Jerzy
Here`s the story : http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2548
August 1st 05 09:29 AM
by Jerzy Go to last post
0 265
Open Letter to Beatriz by [email protected]
AN OPEN LETTER TO BEATRIZ MARINELLO July 26, 2005 Dear Beatriz: With slightly over two weeks remaining before the Delegates meet in Phoenix and the new Executive Board takes office, you have declared your intention to sign a contract with a builder to construct USCF's new headquarters in Crossville, and to arrange a mortgage to fund this construction cost.
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
40 948
Schildberg - Studie Germany 1915??? by [email protected]
I ran across the following wacky game and find it unbelieveable! It looks like it was composed by the two players -- or, given that the name of one is supposedly "Studie" i.e. a "study," perhaps it's a composition that found its way into a database. Is anyone familiar with this gem? Thanks! Schildberg,E - Studie Germany, 1915 1=2Ee4 d5 2.e5 d4 3.c3 f6 4.Qf3 Kf7 5.Qxb7 Qd5 6.Kd1 Qxg2 7.Kc2 Qxf1
August 1st 05 06:58 AM
by Manuel Wehrmann Go to last post
1 277
Chess Puzzles - August 1st by W T Harvey
Here are some puzzles taken from the chess games of strong players at tournaments in June. Except where noted, it's "Black to Move and Win". a) http://wtharvey.com/w2005a.png White Mates in 7. Ivan Sokolov vs Dmitry Frolyanov, Warsaw, 2005 r7/pb2q2p/1p4k1/2p5/4p1NP/1P2P3/PQ4P1/5RK1 w - - 0 1 b) http://wtharvey.com/w2005b.png White to move and win.
July 31st 05 04:57 PM
by W T Harvey Go to last post
0 253
Chess Webmaster Tools Web Site by [email protected]
Here is a new web site with free tools, tips, and recommendations for chess webmasters: http://www.correspondencechess.com/webmaster/ Enjoy! John Knudsen
0 250
Internet Chess Club Suggestion by [email protected]
I would like to propose to the ICC and Blitzin devs a new option as a result of an amazingly frustating and common occurance on the ICC - signing off after a win to avoid a rematch. The option is called "Auto Rematch." It is based on the same concept as "No Escape" where you are charged a loss if you disconnect during the game. "Auto Rematch" would charge a loss if your opponent sings off...
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
July 30th 05 11:52 PM
by Jason... Go to last post
29 771
Tim Hanke vs. The Freedom Fighters by Sam Sloan
By now, Tim Hanke should be happily in a fox hole over in Iraq, shooting it out with the Freedom Fighters. On Jan 29 at 8:34 pm, under "USCF Governance" Tim Hanke wrote: "This may sound quaint to you, but my only agenda was to save the USCF, which was about to go out of business in 2003. "Now that I have saved the USCF, I'm looking around for something else to do. This is why I re-joined the...
9 333
Chess politics by Terry
Why are American chess politics taking over this newsgroup. ? The subject is of no interest to most of us. There is a separate newsgroup fo chess politics. Sooooo - will Sam Sloan and Pete Casso please **** off. Regards
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
July 29th 05 12:37 PM
by David Richerby Go to last post
55 1,171
Hi guys by [email protected]
Guys myself sneha iyer an indian girl i have started this new group called as chess-lovers. just visit it once and i m sure u would like it. Regard's Sneha Iyer
July 29th 05 05:47 AM
by Jason... Go to last post
2 361
Qualifications by Sam Sloan
I have met Bill Hall and I feel that he is a good choice and will make a good executive director. He certainly could not be worse than a few of the others we have had. He seems to understand clearly who his new boses are and he made the shift in allegiance quickly. The real question will arise if and when the new board decides to move out of Crossville. That will not happen for a while, however.
July 28th 05 10:13 PM
by Sam Sloan Go to last post
0 258
Karpov vs FIDE by PeteCasso
Almost as 'cute' as the USCF vitriol Karpov lands a first blow against FIDE http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2495 The empire strikes back http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2537 FWIW, I'm pro-Karpov. First, there are precedences that actual chess players make good FIDE presidents (Euwe, Olafsson). Secondly, just about any change
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 28th 05 09:23 PM
by Ken Jones Go to last post
11 477
Doggypoop in Playground by PeteCasso
I'll play in a less polluted playground for now, see you later
2 290
Bi-Weekly Online Magazine - Chess Chronicle by Goran Tomic
You can download the third issue of Chess Chronicle, Bi-Weekly Online Magazine. Web site: http://pkchess.bizland.com/cc/CCWS2.htm Here are some information about it: Authors: GM Vassily Ivanchuk, GM Alexander Sulypa, GM Rashid Ziyatdinov, GM Petar Genov, GM Zenon Franco, WGM Ana Matnadze, IM Jovan Petronic, IM Dejan
6 306
Sutovsky presents Sutovsky vs Kramnik by PeteCasso
In less than 1 hour from now, Sutovsky presents on ICC how he demolished Kramnik in Dortmund recently. For audio: http://chess.fm/ and click on play For the board: type 'follow GMAlex' after logging in to ICC
July 27th 05 07:14 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
0 235
Tips for Grade-School Chess Club by Chaim
I'm considering starting a chess club at my son's school. He's 9 years old, and the school is K-8. Because the school is small and the interest is not widely shared, I expect members from several grades and varied levels of ability. I am not a particularly good player, and I've never been in a chess club. My thought was that I would try to match comparable players, and each meeting give out a...
July 27th 05 06:26 PM
by Ron Go to last post
6 298
Biel Last Round by PeteCasso
Leader Volokitin drew his uneventful game at move 26 against tail-ender Carlsen. Chaser Gelfand won an exciting game against Nakamura, and chaser Pelletier is still playing. Volokitin and Gelfand are well on to sharing first prize (not sure about any tiebreakers), since in the game Bauer vs Pelletier, White has a significant edge in a blockading position. Nakamura went gung-ho apparently trying...
July 27th 05 05:45 PM
by PeteCasso Go to last post
3 277
Post New Thread