Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
A. Zelner beats another GM !!!!! by Detectorist
This time his victim was none other than Julio Becerra. Zelner is continuing to improve. Amazing!
November 16th 11 01:23 AM
by None Go to last post
4 298
On the Fine Art of Losing without Much Fight by The Master
On Nov 4, 4:25*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: In this position from a game between two all-time greats 1k1r4/1p4Qp/pNp5/P1P5/1P1p1b2/5R1P/4P1K1/2q5 b - - 0 55 Black played 55...Be3, to which White replied 56.Rf1. Both moves were errors. What would you do?
November 15th 11 09:56 PM
by The Master Go to last post
4 245
Life is chess, chess is life, chess is stocks by raylopez99
From Chessbase, a whimsical but plausible analogy that if the stock market imitates life and life imitates chess, then chess = stocks. Buy chess. RL http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7671
November 15th 11 05:32 AM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 249
Live by each otherís happiness, not by each otherís misery by CaptainJack
"Ö Iím sorry but I donít want to be an Emperor Ė thatís not my business Ė I donít want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each otherís happiness, not by each otherís misery. We donít want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is...
November 9th 11 06:43 PM
by CaptainJack Go to last post
0 251
Double mistake: Euwe-Geller, 1953 by micky
Taylor Kingston wrote: In this position from a game between two all-time greats 1k1r4/1p4Qp/pNp5/P1P5/1P1p1b2/5R1P/4P1K1/2q5 b - - 0 55 Black played 55...Be3, to which White replied 56.Rf1. Both moves were errors. What would you do? I remember looking @ this & deciding this is too hard, & that without an
November 9th 11 06:39 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
3 295
Updated List 2012 Solutions Manuals, Instructor Manuals & Test BanksCollection. Largest Collection Over The Net !!! by tb work
Hello, We would like to inform you that we have updated our list with the following new titles. You can contact us directly at tbwork.ads(at)gmail.com . ================ 2011 Federal Taxation, 5th Edition 2011, Pratt, Kulsrud, Instructor
November 9th 11 09:02 AM
by tb work Go to last post
0 859
Edward Lasker's Engineering Marvel by MikeMurray
You've read "Chess Secrets". Now explore his more tangible contributions http://www.ebay.com/itm/320779509758
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 11 09:57 PM
by micky Go to last post
16 596
Taylor is a shill for I****U Press by None
On Oct 30, 6:26*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen Ė SS - Idee und Opfergang - or The Volunteers of the Waffen - SS Introduction by Sam Sloan World War I was mainly manned by non-German volunteers, primarily
November 7th 11 07:02 PM
by None Go to last post
9 412
Professional Chess Master's Diet by OldHaasie
Lettuce. For variety the lettuce can be served with the leaves pointing away from the diner or at the diner or to his left or right. They can also be stacked to create the illusion of plenty. On rare occasions a bean or pea might be added. With this rich diet professioinal chess masters often live well into their 30's or early 40's before collapsing on rainsoaked sidewalks just blocks from...
November 6th 11 02:14 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
6 299
Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen Ė SS - Idee und Opfergang - or The Volunteers of the Waffen - SS by samsloan
The book is published now. It will appear here in a few days for all you Nazis to read. http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871879194 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871879194 Sam Sloan On Oct 30, 9:04*am, samsloan wrote:
November 3rd 11 06:06 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
1 1,708
Thoreau checks in on Morphy by ChessFire
March 19, 1859 "when I went to Boston in the early train the coldest morn- ing of last winter, two topics seemingly occu- pied the attention of the passengers, Morphy's chess victories, and nature's victorious cold that morning. The inhabitants of various towns were comparing notes, and that one whose door opened upon a greater degree of cold than any
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 11 09:40 PM
by Louis Blair Go to last post
15 742
How NOT to play the ECO C14 French by raylopez99
The only way to avoid the mating net was a piece sacrifice--can you see where? As Eugene A. Znosko-Borovsky might say, this game is an illustration of how not to play this line. Truth is, many a strong player as Black has fallen for this trap, which is a standard variation in this line. RL
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 2nd 11 02:09 AM
by The Master Go to last post
49 1,035
Double Howler: Smyslov-Petrosian, Zurich 1953 by Taylor Kingston[_3_]
On Oct 31, 5:09*am, SearchingForMaxEuwe wrote: Such biting wit from our resident imbecile Ray Lopez who's illusions of grandeur make him think that he is a grandmaster because his computer can run Fritz. How will I ever recover. Yeah, our Ray really knows how to fling it, doesn't he?
October 31st 11 06:12 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
0 296
Knight endgames by M Winther
I played this knight endgame today in a blitz game. This is so typical of knight endgames. When I exchanged the rooks I thought I was winning, which I wasn't. But how is one to foresee such things in a standard game? Knight endgames are far more difficult than the middlegame situation. It is curious that positions with so few pieces are much more difficult to handle than a congested board...
October 30th 11 08:20 PM
by [email protected][_2_] Go to last post
3 243
Reuben Fine and Russian Tournaments in 1937 by krammi1
Hello , in 1937 Fine seems to have won "two little tournaments" in the (former) USSR : in (former ..) Leningrad + Moscow , to be more precise. Can anyone give some information about these events ?! (Players ; Results ; cross-tables) . thanks + regards :
October 28th 11 08:20 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
1 249
Giblon R v Orlova, Liza, Canada 2011. A very interesting game! by Offramp
Here is a really good game from the recent Canadian Cahampionships Championnats de la Canadie. White has connected passed pawns at g5 and h6 but her king is exposed. At times the advanced pawns allow the white queen to give itself up for a minor piece, as long as the g-pawn can reach g7. The d4-square seems a bit cursed; 30...Bxd4 is a lousy move, and a few moves later white plays the crummy...
October 27th 11 06:01 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
8 292
Painting by jmrw
Can you help me ! Who made this picture (his name and the dates of birth and death) What year was it made? http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Tableau_echecs/pages/334.htm I am the webmaster of this page dealing with chess and paintings : http://www.jmrw.com/Chess/Tableau_echecs/index.htm Thanks a lot
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 27th 11 12:25 PM
by micky Go to last post
12 471
Ray Keene - on the balance, more positive for organized chess than negative? by The Masked Bishop[_2_]
Discuss. Here's some background: Ray Keene is one of the favorite scratching posts of the online chess community. Probably the height of Keene-bashing was reached when the threw out John Henderson from the Brain Games pressroom in 2000 (for those of you who remember that tourney). While painting himself as a Hunter Thompson-esque hero of the moment, it's not hard to read between the lines that...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
October 27th 11 11:16 AM
by The Master Go to last post
14 646
Barry Obama for United States President 2012 !!!!!!! by Kirk Gregory Czuhai
dear friend, barry obama for United States President 2012 !!!!!!! http://tinyurl.com/kirksBARRY love, kirk
October 27th 11 05:01 AM
by Kirk Gregory Czuhai Go to last post
0 300
Triumph of the Will or Der Triumph des Willens by samsloan
Triumph of the Will or Der Triumph des Willens http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871879119 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871879119 Triumph of the Will or Der Triumph des Willens
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 26th 11 11:30 PM
by micky Go to last post