Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Has a pawn ever made all its five different moves in one game? by Offramp
A pawn can move a maximum of six times in any game. It also has 5 different moves: 1. A double move 2. A single move 3. A standard capture 4. An en passant capture 5. Promotion So my question to the panel is this: Has any pawn in history ever had such an illustrious career as to make all five different moves?
November 22nd 11 07:22 PM
by The Master Go to last post
2 219
Sandusky pictures by None
On Nov 19, 1:11*pm, micky wrote: None wrote: On Nov 18, 10:20 am, samsloan wrote: Yes. Larry Parr asked Denker's son and he agreed. However, as co-author Parr owned the rights to the book anyway. As author, Denker's estate owned the rights too.
November 22nd 11 06:25 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
5 283
'Jakin in front by smidgin... by micky
Nov-21-11 shach matov: KKDEREK Why don't you stick your head in a toilet and wash off some of that stupidity between your ears? Why do you think that your hateful opinion about one of the top players of the past 20 years is so important? If it was a legitimate opinion about Gelfand, you would not repeat it so many times. And I still think It was a lottery and still think he is not...
November 22nd 11 01:51 AM
by micky Go to last post
2 301
The Army of Felix by None
On Nov 19, 10:43*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Nov 19, 5:37*pm, samsloan wrote: The books are all in Hong Kong. You will not be able to catch me. * That's what William Tyndale thought. Trotsky too
November 21st 11 05:22 PM
by None Go to last post
0 235
have a happy and productive week!!!!!!! by Kirk Gregory Czuhai
dear friend, i, kirk czuhai, wish you a happy and productive week!!!!!!! and as always, you too can be a world wide internet domain marketer any time you would like via: http://worldsite.ws/lynnjonkatesam !!!!!!!
November 19th 11 09:33 AM
by Kirk Gregory Czuhai Go to last post
0 248
Big4Bang by nancy gh
I would like to invite you to the big4bang site for chess playing. You can play online.You can visit http://www.big4bang.com/. One can invite a member to participate this game and a bet was placed by him and if he succeeds he can reclaim the wagers. If anyone wants to supports this game and they can do and get prizes
November 17th 11 11:15 AM
by nancy gh Go to last post
0 258
Louis-Philippe: Le méconnu by André Castelot by samsloan
Louis-Philippe: Le méconnu by André Castelot Introduction by Sam Sloan The title of this book translates into English as “Louis-Philippe: The Ignored”. This is a suitable and appropriate title, because King Louis-Philippe I, King of the French, who ruled from from 1830 to 1848, has indeed been ignored by history. Hardly anybody seems even to know that there
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 17th 11 05:09 AM
by None Go to last post
22 843
A. Zelner beats another GM !!!!! by Detectorist
This time his victim was none other than Julio Becerra. Zelner is continuing to improve. Amazing!
November 16th 11 01:23 AM
by None Go to last post
4 323
On the Fine Art of Losing without Much Fight by The Master
On Nov 4, 4:25*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: In this position from a game between two all-time greats 1k1r4/1p4Qp/pNp5/P1P5/1P1p1b2/5R1P/4P1K1/2q5 b - - 0 55 Black played 55...Be3, to which White replied 56.Rf1. Both moves were errors. What would you do?
November 15th 11 09:56 PM
by The Master Go to last post
4 272
Life is chess, chess is life, chess is stocks by raylopez99
From Chessbase, a whimsical but plausible analogy that if the stock market imitates life and life imitates chess, then chess = stocks. Buy chess. RL http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=7671
November 15th 11 05:32 AM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 277
Live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery by CaptainJack
"… I’m sorry but I don’t want to be an Emperor – that’s not my business – I don’t want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible, Jew, gentile, black man, white. We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We all want to live by each other’s happiness, not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. In this world there is...
November 9th 11 06:43 PM
by CaptainJack Go to last post
0 272
Double mistake: Euwe-Geller, 1953 by micky
Taylor Kingston wrote: In this position from a game between two all-time greats 1k1r4/1p4Qp/pNp5/P1P5/1P1p1b2/5R1P/4P1K1/2q5 b - - 0 55 Black played 55...Be3, to which White replied 56.Rf1. Both moves were errors. What would you do? I remember looking @ this & deciding this is too hard, & that without an
November 9th 11 06:39 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
3 317
Updated List 2012 Solutions Manuals, Instructor Manuals & Test BanksCollection. Largest Collection Over The Net !!! by tb work
Hello, We would like to inform you that we have updated our list with the following new titles. You can contact us directly at tbwork.ads(at)gmail.com . ================ 2011 Federal Taxation, 5th Edition 2011, Pratt, Kulsrud, Instructor
November 9th 11 09:02 AM
by tb work Go to last post
0 898
Edward Lasker's Engineering Marvel by MikeMurray
You've read "Chess Secrets". Now explore his more tangible contributions http://www.ebay.com/itm/320779509758
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 7th 11 09:57 PM
by micky Go to last post
16 652
Taylor is a shill for I****U Press by None
On Oct 30, 6:26*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen – SS - Idee und Opfergang - or The Volunteers of the Waffen - SS Introduction by Sam Sloan World War I was mainly manned by non-German volunteers, primarily
November 7th 11 07:02 PM
by None Go to last post
9 455
Professional Chess Master's Diet by OldHaasie
Lettuce. For variety the lettuce can be served with the leaves pointing away from the diner or at the diner or to his left or right. They can also be stacked to create the illusion of plenty. On rare occasions a bean or pea might be added. With this rich diet professioinal chess masters often live well into their 30's or early 40's before collapsing on rainsoaked sidewalks just blocks from...
November 6th 11 02:14 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
6 333
Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen – SS - Idee und Opfergang - or The Volunteers of the Waffen - SS by samsloan
The book is published now. It will appear here in a few days for all you Nazis to read. http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871879194 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871879194 Sam Sloan On Oct 30, 9:04*am, samsloan wrote:
November 3rd 11 06:06 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
1 1,762
Thoreau checks in on Morphy by ChessFire
March 19, 1859 "when I went to Boston in the early train the coldest morn- ing of last winter, two topics seemingly occu- pied the attention of the passengers, Morphy's chess victories, and nature's victorious cold that morning. The inhabitants of various towns were comparing notes, and that one whose door opened upon a greater degree of cold than any
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 2nd 11 09:40 PM
by Louis Blair Go to last post
15 821
How NOT to play the ECO C14 French by raylopez99
The only way to avoid the mating net was a piece sacrifice--can you see where? As Eugene A. Znosko-Borovsky might say, this game is an illustration of how not to play this line. Truth is, many a strong player as Black has fallen for this trap, which is a standard variation in this line. RL
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 2nd 11 02:09 AM
by The Master Go to last post
49 1,138
Double Howler: Smyslov-Petrosian, Zurich 1953 by Taylor Kingston[_3_]
On Oct 31, 5:09*am, SearchingForMaxEuwe wrote: Such biting wit from our resident imbecile Ray Lopez who's illusions of grandeur make him think that he is a grandmaster because his computer can run Fritz. How will I ever recover. Yeah, our Ray really knows how to fling it, doesn't he?
October 31st 11 06:12 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
0 323
Post New Thread