Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Club liability by Pete
A lawyer in our club has recently advised me to incorporate our club and get liability insurance since our club plays mostly outdoors and at tournaments. He says that unless we limit our liability, everyone in our club could be sued if someone gets hurt at our outdoor chess tables or in the course of travelling to or participating in a tournament for our club. Does anyone have ant experience or...
July 2nd 03 07:44 PM
by Matt Nemmers Go to last post
2 924
Kubrick by GSANCHEZ
Watching a biography of Stanley Kubrick on HBO tonite. It mentions several times that Stanley was a good chessplayer, hustled chess in the park, played in tournaments. Some shots of his film sets show him at a chess board. Anyone know how good a player he was ? - Gabriel
July 2nd 03 04:13 PM
by Charles Blair Go to last post
1 989
Bill Gates for USCF President! by Kevin D. Nyberg
Why not Baghdad Bob? Baghdad Bob would get my vote. kdn
July 2nd 03 12:53 AM
by Briarroot Go to last post
1 998
a newsgroup census by Dan Yobry
Actually, Castro was supposedly a mean pitcher in his time. -Dan -- email me at danyobry(at)attbi.com "Nick" wrote in message ...
July 1st 03 10:00 PM
by Nick Go to last post
2 1,128
Chess master, 7, quits school by Aaron Kuperman
Seems rational. Even if he lived in New York or London, he'll want to start playing out of town tournaments fairly soon. Even if the school allows it, he'll miss too much school. He is much better off being home schooled. That's might be true of many kids, and is definitely true of any child who "stands out" (for good or bad), or has a career that isn't compatible with a school schedule. Home...
July 1st 03 08:56 PM
by Harold Buck Go to last post
1 1,042
July 1st, 2003 - 200 Words by Lev Khariton by tomic
There is another piece by Mr. Lev Khariton at http://www.pakchess.com/ - this time on the 25th anniversary of the Karpov-Korchnoi match in Baguio - 25 years ago! Any comments? Goran Tomic ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------
July 1st 03 08:47 PM
by tomic Go to last post
2 1,254
KRAMNIK speaks by joe mccarron
why would someone post a link in english to a website written in russian? If the site linked is in russian shouldn't the link itself be in russian? "tomic" wrote in message ... "Spec." wrote in message ... Does kramnik have anythign to do with the...
July 1st 03 08:00 PM
by Paul Gorodyansky Go to last post
2 1,088
chess anytime by Samer Adra
I've never heard of Chess Anytime, but I checked it out, and it's not bad. Its interface reminds me of WCN, but WCN is evil and corrupt so obviously this place has a lot more promise. I personally prefer USCL, FICS and ICC, in that order. www.uschesslive.org www.freechess.org www.chessclub.com If you check out USCL, my handle there is Samer.
July 1st 03 06:34 PM
by Looney Go to last post
3 1,884
KRAMNIK speaks by Joshua B. Lilly
The website is an eyesore, there`s very little material, and usually what he says is on there, I can`t even find. However, apparently this interview is legitimate and interesting, though it is in Russian and I can`t read it. And this is a big deal, IMO, Kramnik is perhaps the most silent reigning World Champion in history. Botvinnik didn`t play many tournaments during his reign but he never...
July 1st 03 05:24 PM
by Joshua B. Lilly Go to last post
0 1,029
Fischer-Spassky video? by tomic
Why don't you ask famous yugoslav chess journalist Dimitrije Bjelica. Maybe he could help. His adress is . Have you seen his video's from 1972? Goran Tomic
July 1st 03 07:41 AM
by tomic Go to last post
0 1,009
Things to avoid? by michael adams
Chapman billy wrote: Mention Lucena to a chess player and it will probably conjure up images of a certain rook ending. Yet it is also the name of a town known in Moorish Spain for its medical expertise; in particular, any male whose chosen profession, voluntary or otherwise, involved singing at the upper end of the vocal range would likely have passed under its surgeons' knives.
July 1st 03 07:28 AM
by michael adams Go to last post
0 992
OT Civility by Nick
Chapman billy wrote in message ... In article , says... (snipped) On 20 April (coincidentally, Hitler's birthday) 1968, Enoch Powell, a British politician, then in the Conservative Party, and a classical scholar, made an ...
July 1st 03 06:23 AM
by Nick Go to last post
0 946
GM Revolt Over Publishing Games ! by KidDon
Harold Buck wrote: There's no frickin' way this thread belongs on rec.games.chess.analysis or rec.games.chess.computer. Anyway, the moves of a GM game are simply a recording of events that took place. If the room is open to the public, reporters should be able to record the events and publish them. If they don't like it, they should go play in a cave away from the public eye.
June 30th 03 11:14 PM
by KidDon Go to last post
0 1,051
How to slow young chess players down ?! by Andy
I'll give it a go ! Thanks, Andy "Captain Wubba" wrote in message ... I have had students move too quickly, some of them habitually. When it becomes a problem, I do the following with them during my lessons. I play them a G/15 or G/20 game (I consider playing students a fairly
June 25th 03 08:12 PM
by Andy Go to last post
0 1,032
Post New Thread