Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
chess anytime by Samer Adra
I've never heard of Chess Anytime, but I checked it out, and it's not bad. Its interface reminds me of WCN, but WCN is evil and corrupt so obviously this place has a lot more promise. I personally prefer USCL, FICS and ICC, in that order. www.uschesslive.org www.freechess.org www.chessclub.com If you check out USCL, my handle there is Samer.
July 1st 03 05:34 PM
by Looney Go to last post
3 1,825
KRAMNIK speaks by Joshua B. Lilly
The website is an eyesore, there`s very little material, and usually what he says is on there, I can`t even find. However, apparently this interview is legitimate and interesting, though it is in Russian and I can`t read it. And this is a big deal, IMO, Kramnik is perhaps the most silent reigning World Champion in history. Botvinnik didn`t play many tournaments during his reign but he never...
July 1st 03 04:24 PM
by Joshua B. Lilly Go to last post
0 989
Fischer-Spassky video? by tomic
Why don't you ask famous yugoslav chess journalist Dimitrije Bjelica. Maybe he could help. His adress is . Have you seen his video's from 1972? Goran Tomic
July 1st 03 06:41 AM
by tomic Go to last post
0 966
Things to avoid? by michael adams
Chapman billy wrote: Mention Lucena to a chess player and it will probably conjure up images of a certain rook ending. Yet it is also the name of a town known in Moorish Spain for its medical expertise; in particular, any male whose chosen profession, voluntary or otherwise, involved singing at the upper end of the vocal range would likely have passed under its surgeons' knives.
July 1st 03 06:28 AM
by michael adams Go to last post
0 958
OT Civility by Nick
Chapman billy wrote in message ... In article , says... (snipped) On 20 April (coincidentally, Hitler's birthday) 1968, Enoch Powell, a British politician, then in the Conservative Party, and a classical scholar, made an ...
July 1st 03 05:23 AM
by Nick Go to last post
0 910
GM Revolt Over Publishing Games ! by KidDon
Harold Buck wrote: There's no frickin' way this thread belongs on rec.games.chess.analysis or rec.games.chess.computer. Anyway, the moves of a GM game are simply a recording of events that took place. If the room is open to the public, reporters should be able to record the events and publish them. If they don't like it, they should go play in a cave away from the public eye.
June 30th 03 10:14 PM
by KidDon Go to last post
0 1,019
How to slow young chess players down ?! by Andy
I'll give it a go ! Thanks, Andy "Captain Wubba" wrote in message ... I have had students move too quickly, some of them habitually. When it becomes a problem, I do the following with them during my lessons. I play them a G/15 or G/20 game (I consider playing students a fairly
June 25th 03 07:12 PM
by Andy Go to last post
0 970
Post New Thread