Newbie Seeking Game

Old August 28th 04, 11:06 PM
Al Whitener

Default Newbie Seeking Game

I'm a beginning player. Anyone up for a game? (I might take a week between
moves.)

--
BR
Al Whitener

Old September 8th 04, 05:53 PM
miguel

"Al Whitener" wrote in message om...
I'm a beginning player. Anyone up for a game? (I might take a week between
moves.)

If you would like to play correspondence chess using a nice
interactive board interface in your web browser, you may want to check
out Queen Alice at http://www.queenalice.com. The site will allow you
to offer a game that any other member can accept. You can play as many
concurrent games as you want; the server keeps track of all the games
and will send you a notification by email when it is your turn to
move. The games can have one of several time controls, including a
move every 3, 7 or 14 days.

Queen Alice is a new correspondence chess site that I started just a
few months ago. We are eager to meet new players of all levels. The
site is completely free.

Thanks,

Miguel
Old October 1st 04, 06:06 PM
urj2

Dear Chess Team....

I visit your internet website: http://www.queenalice.com and it looks
very appealing to me. I am a Northern Arizona University student and
was always interested in playing chess. I do have two questions for
you:
1.Do you have any active players who could share their experiences
with us about your system?
2.Your website stated that: Challenge another member (we can suggest
who) or create an Open Game that any other member can join. How do you
base your suggestion on: age, experiences ect.?
I am looking forward for some exciting games! Thanks Ulrike

Old October 2nd 04, 05:31 PM
miguel

(urj2) wrote in message . com...
Dear Chess Team....

I visit your internet website:
http://www.queenalice.com and it looks
very appealing to me. I am a Northern Arizona University student and
was always interested in playing chess. I do have two questions for
you:
1.Do you have any active players who could share their experiences
with us about your system?
2.Your website stated that: Challenge another member (we can suggest
who) or create an Open Game that any other member can join. How do you
base your suggestion on: age, experiences ect.?
I am looking forward for some exciting games! Thanks Ulrike

Ulrike,

Regarding hearing what others think about the site I recommend that
you post your question in the site's forum, or read through the
existing posts to find out what others said so far. The forums are
he http://www.queenalice.com/forums.php.

The system suggestions as to who to play against are based on ratings.
After you finish a game the system computes and updates your rating
based on the game outcome and the playing strength of your opponent.
If you want all the details about ratings and the general workings of
the site please read the site's About page at
http://www.queenalice.com/about.php.

Besides letting the system choose opponents for you, you can do so
yourself by browsing the member list to decide who to challenge based
on country of origin or several other bits of information that each
player has the option to share.

Let me know if you have more questions. I look forward to see you play
on the site!

Miguel
http://www.queenalice.com
Old October 12th 04, 12:37 AM
Vulturzn

Hi to the group,

If you really want to have good games online the best site is
www.gameknot.com. You will be able to learn and play easy to use boards.
Best of luck

"urj2" wrote in message
om...
Dear Chess Team....

I visit your internet website: http://www.queenalice.com and it looks
very appealing to me. I am a Northern Arizona University student and
was always interested in playing chess. I do have two questions for
you:
1.Do you have any active players who could share their experiences
with us about your system?
2.Your website stated that: Challenge another member (we can suggest
who) or create an Open Game that any other member can join. How do you
base your suggestion on: age, experiences ect.?
I am looking forward for some exciting games! Thanks Ulrike

om...