Gambit book: How to use Computers for chess

« | Games wanted »

Old August 16th 03, 09:51 PM
jabba2000ad

Default Gambit book: How to use Computers for chess

I bought a copy and received it yesterday. I am not a great player -
1400 - but the pages I have read so far have been brilliant. The book
covers a lot of material - types of playing software, databases,
example games....

The example games caught my attention the most. These examples, along
with the explanation of how the computers assess the positions, have
completely changed my outlook on the way I view my program's
evaluation. Never again will I tell someone they made a poor move
because Fritz changed from +0.4 to -0.3!

I'm at work and so can't write much - suffice to say that so far, this
book has been excellent.

Jabba
Old August 17th 03, 09:04 PM
Christian Kongsted

Hello Jabba,
That's great! Thx a lot for the feedback

Christian

om...