Gambit book: How to use Computers for chess

Old August 18th 03, 08:56 AM
Leo

Default Gambit book: How to use Computers for chess

Hi Christian,

quick question: Why is the book so expensive in Europe ?

I'm interested to buy it but the official price in Europe is EURO
23.45 which is about $26.30 ! (calculated with the current exchange
rate 1 EURO = $1.12)
Price at amazon.com is $16,07.
To be honest: I won't pay $26.30 for a book which I could get 40%
cheaper in the US ... for $16 I would buy it immediately but
unfortunately amazon charges $10 ! for international shipping, so I
hope to get your book for a reasonable price in Europe ...

Is there a good reason for these huge price differences ?

thx
Leo
Old August 18th 03, 12:52 PM
Christian Kongsted

Default Prices+review of the book

Hi Leo,
This must be a tax issue. I am no expert in this, so unfortunately I cannot
give you a satisfying answer. $16 sounds very cheap to me. I don't think you
can buy chess books anywhere in Europe at this price. The Publishers, Gambit
Publications, may be able to give you a better answer on this one.

By the way, a review has appeared on http://www.iecg.info

Thx for letting me know about this

m...

Old August 28th 03, 06:18 AM
King Leopold

Hello Christian,
Your book sounds interesting, but I haven't seen it in any book stores in
the neighborhood yet. Is it possible you can send me a synops of it and
possible a list of the chapters, or is there a place on the internet I might
beable to review it.
Thank you,
Leopold

Old August 28th 03, 09:35 AM
Christian Kongsted

Dear Leopold,
You can download a table of contents he
http://www.badbishop.com/gambit/books/computers.html

Just click where it says 'download' a pdf-file.

Best wishes
Christian

Old August 28th 03, 10:18 PM
Michael

Hi King Leopold,
Nice book that is well worth purchasing,

Mickey