Gambit book: How to use Computers for chess

Old August 24th 03, 01:31 AM
Jim Roe

Default Gambit book: How to use Computers for chess

Most interesting Table of Contents but I worry that my software programs
way not be the most suitable to follow along with you book.
What computer software do you suggest I have to get the most form your book?
I have Fritz8, Chess Assitant 7.1 and ChessMaster 9000

thanks

Jim
"Christian Kongsted" wrote in message
k...
My new book about computer chess is out now. Questions about the content

are
welcome.

HOW TO USE COMPUTERS TO IMPROVE YOUR CHESS (Christian Kongsted)

Computers have permeated almost every facet of modern chess, yet few

players
know how to gain the maximum benefit from working with them. Computers
function as playing partners, opening study tools, endgame 'oracles',
tactics trainers, sources of information on opponents and searchable game
databases. Kongsted provides practical advice on how to use computers in

all
these ways and more. He also takes a look at the history of the chess
computer, and how its 'thinking' methods have developed since the early
days. The book features an investigation of human vs. machine contests,
including the recent Kasparov vs. Deep Junior and Kramnik vs. Deep Fritz
matches, in which honours ended even.

More info at:

http://www.badbishop.com/gambit/books/computers.html

Main site:

http://badbishop.com/gambit/

Best wishes,
Christian Kongsted

Old August 24th 03, 11:00 PM
Christian Kongsted

Dear Jim,
With Fritz you can follow almost all of the examples in the book. Fritz 8 or
an earlier version - it doesn't matter so much.

I also speak about the features of Chess Assistant and ChessMaster, and I
make a comparison of ChessBase and ChessAssistant.

Best wishes,
Christian Kongsted