New "Play Chess by Web" Server

Old November 25th 03, 11:24 PM
Andreas Schildbach

Default New "Play Chess by Web" Server

Hello everyone,

I just opened my "Play Chess by Web" site.

On www.schildbach.de you can play chess against human opponents from all
over the world, with just a web browser. This is a bit like Chess by
E-Mail, but more comfortable.

- 100% free service
- no need to install a custom application, no need for Java/JavaScript
- fast registration, just username + password needed, e-mail is optional
- notifications via e-mail or instant message

Have a look at www.schildbach.de or you can directly go to the
registration at:

http://www.schildbach.de/signon/acco...istration.html

Regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Schildbach
http://www.schildbach.de

Old November 26th 03, 09:19 AM
Steven Wayne

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 00:24:41 +0100, Andreas Schildbach
wrote:
Hello everyone,

I just opened my "Play Chess by Web" site.

On www.schildbach.de you can play chess against human opponents from all
over the world, with just a web browser. This is a bit like Chess by
E-Mail, but more comfortable.

- 100% free service
- no need to install a custom application, no need for Java/JavaScript
- fast registration, just username + password needed, e-mail is optional
- notifications via e-mail or instant message

Hi,

Is this a correspondence server or are the games live?

I have registered, logged on and joined a game but if I log off I
can not see how to resume a game.

--
Steven Wayne
Old November 27th 03, 09:54 PM
Andreas Schildbach

Steven Wayne wrote:

I just opened my "Play Chess by Web" site.

On www.schildbach.de you can play chess against human opponents from all
over the world, with just a web browser. This is a bit like Chess by
E-Mail, but more comfortable.

- 100% free service
- no need to install a custom application, no need for Java/JavaScript
- fast registration, just username + password needed, e-mail is optional
- notifications via e-mail or instant message

Is this a correspondence server or are the games live?

I have registered, logged on and joined a game but if I log off I
can not see how to resume a game.

If you register your email address with the service, you will get emails
that notify at the start of your game and if its your turn.

If you don't register your email, you can log in and watch the "It's
your turn in..."-box to the right for games you are on turn.

You can also start your own games and wait for another player to join in.

Regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Schildbach
http://www.schildbach.de

Old November 28th 03, 09:53 AM
Steven Wayne

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:54:33 +0100, Andreas Schildbach
wrote:
Steven Wayne wrote:

[...]

Hi Andreas,

I have joined a game, "Chess Match 24: sheilin vs swayne", and am
waiting for sheilin to make a move. Do I have to wait or can I
log out and come back later to play my move?

When I tried this the other day I couldn't see any link to
current games, which is why I ask if this is a live chess only
server.

Ok, it's been ten minutes, either sheilin has logged of or fallen
asleep.

I log off, I log on, where is the game I've joined?

--
Steven Wayne
Old November 28th 03, 11:30 PM
Andreas Schildbach

I have joined a game, "Chess Match 24: sheilin vs swayne", and am
waiting for sheilin to make a move. Do I have to wait or can I
log out and come back later to play my move?

When I tried this the other day I couldn't see any link to
current games, which is why I ask if this is a live chess only
server.

Ok, it's been ten minutes, either sheilin has logged of or fallen
asleep.

Ok sorry, I should have explained this earlier.

The games on www.schildbach.de are not live. Its more like Play-by-Mail:
One turn a day. Although you could stay both online and play near-live
(but there is no time measurement).

I log off, I log on, where is the game I've joined?

Previously only games in which its your turn were listed. Today, I have
added a new page "my matches" in the navigation on the left of the page.
There, you should find every game you joined.

Regards,

Andreas

--
Andreas Schildbach