again. . . . questions (REPOST)

Old December 28th 03, 10:23 PM
Philippe Gagne

Default again. . . . questions (REPOST)

=====THIS IS A REPOST=====PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP======

A few questions I would like to ask readers, if I may:

A lot of sites out there offer chess by email with a graphical interface
(ie: redhotpawn.com, playchess.de, itsyourturn.com) Are there any sites out
there offering this service free of charge without limitation to users?

And, the sites that offer premium benefits with paid membership, is it
manditory for someone to pay at some point so long as their account is open
with the said site?

The next question is: is there any chess freeware out there that offers the
following key features: 1: level difficulty adjustment, 2: ability to play
with/without clocks, 3: player's
view from bottom to top (ie: if you are playing black, your pieces are at
the bottom of the screen?)

I await your answers
Phil

Old December 29th 03, 12:19 AM
Tom Klem

"Philippe Gagne" wrote in message
=====THIS IS A REPOST=====PLEASE REPLY TO NEWSGROUP======

A few questions I would like to ask readers, if I may:

A lot of sites out there offer chess by email with a graphical interface
(ie: redhotpawn.com, playchess.de, itsyourturn.com) Are there any sites

out
there offering this service free of charge without limitation to users?

If correspondence Chess with a graphical interface is what you mean,
chessclub.com has that feature for no additional fees.
(http://www.chessclub.com/help/correspondence)

And, the sites that offer premium benefits with paid membership, is it
manditory for someone to pay at some point so long as their account is

open
with the said site?

The next question is: is there any chess freeware out there that offers

the
following key features: 1: level difficulty adjustment, 2: ability to

play
with/without clocks, 3: player's
view from bottom to top (ie: if you are playing black, your pieces are at
the bottom of the screen?)

I await your answers
Phil

Not sure if you mean freeware Chess servers or just Chess engines. The most
active Chess servers can be found on the links column of
http://www.stcbunch.org/newsletter.html

Tom Klem

Old December 29th 03, 02:16 PM
Philippe Gagne

Not sure if you mean freeware Chess servers or just Chess engines. The

most
active Chess servers can be found on the links column of
http://www.stcbunch.org/newsletter.html

Tom Klem

I meant a freeware chess game. Arasan seems to be the most popular. Are
there any others?

Old December 29th 03, 11:56 PM
SchemingMind

http://www.schemingmind.com

Old January 5th 04, 04:27 AM
Jim Grieve

I've found gameknot.com to be very nice. The only difference in a 'preferred'
membership ($29 year) is that you can plan more than 20 games simultaneiously
and you can access all of your past games (free membership you can only
access for last month). The moves allow up to 3 days to account for people
who may be planing only at work or school & can't get to a computer on
weekends.

Jim

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:23:08 -0400, Philippe Gagne wrote
(in message ):

[...]

Hogwasher: You don't have to sacrifice friendliness for power
http://www.asar.com/cgi-bin/product....hogwasher.html