comparison of move-based servers

Old March 28th 04, 04:39 AM
Douglas G Coulter

Default comparison of move-based servers

Signed up for temporary membership on both
playchess.de and chessworld to compare the two.
I was pleased with the interface and ease
of use of both. The problem in fact is they are so
similar that it is hard for me to decide between the two.

Does anyone have a reason for preferring one over the other?
How does the quality of play compare---One reason that I want to
play on these websites is to improve my openings, so I would
prefer a site where even the intermediate players play theoretical lines
sometimes.

How does chessfriend compare. It seems too pricey to me.

Is playchess.de connected with playchess.com, the chessbase server?

D Coulter