Interview with CJA Award Winning Historian in The Chess Journalist

Old October 11th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
The Historian

Default Interview with CJA Award Winning Historian in The Chess Journalist

For those of you who missed it at Chessville, my interview with CJA
Award winning historian Olimpiu Urcan is now in The Chess Journalist,
the magazine of the Chess Journalists of America. You may download the
September 2006 issue he

http://chessjournalism.org/journal.htm

Also, an article I wrote on the history of chess in Atlanta is the
cover story in the latest Georgia Chess. The next sound you hear is
that of trolls in Brattleboro and Memphis screaming....

Neil Brennen

Old October 11th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

Also, an article I wrote on the history of chess in Atlanta is the
cover story in the latest Georgia Chess. The next sound you hear is
that of trolls in Brattleboro and Memphis screaming....

Neil Brennen

=================
Can't wait to read about the history of chess in Atlanta because I was
a part of that history ... even though I wasn't interviewed for the
article.

Old Haasie

Old October 11th 06, 04:43 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics

You were alive in 1890?

(Neil Brennen)
==============
My active period for chess was in the mid-1960's to the early
1970's. My pal, the late Francis Banffy, and I ran the first USCF
rated events in Atlanta. We got the town off to a decent start with
rated play but others came along and did even more, particularly Bill
Goichberg. His Continental Open doubled Georgia's USCF membership in
one swoop.
No, I was not alive in 1890. I would like to read about chess in
Atlanta before my time. Other than the timid little Atlanta Chess Club
which met on Friday night at the old Luckie Street YMCA I cannot
imagine there was much chess at all in Atlanta. It never was a red hot
chess town... not like the more chess-ethnic northern cities.

Old Haasie

Old October 11th 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Rob

The Historian wrote:
For those of you who missed it at Chessville, my interview with CJA
Award winning historian Olimpiu Urcan is now in The Chess Journalist,
the magazine of the Chess Journalists of America. You may download the
September 2006 issue he

http://chessjournalism.org/journal.htm

Also, an article I wrote on the history of chess in Atlanta is the
cover story in the latest Georgia Chess. The next sound you hear is
that of trolls in Brattleboro and Memphis screaming....

Neil Brennen

I am certain that who ever you know who lives in Memphis will
appreciate that HisTrollian. Your blatent self promotion and screams
for attention are very disturbing. You may have a deep inferority
complex. In many cases such self loathing and such obvious cried for
attention point to a less than happy childhood. Did you love your
mother? Did your father abuse you?Did you father neglect you and the
only means of showing affection from your mother was to make you a
batch of brownies?

ow painful it must be for a man in his 40's to find himself alone in a
small apartment in a cold city. Your only friends or emotional support
coming from faceless strangers feinging interest in a desperate attempt
to say"love me" as is reflected in your own actions. It is indeed a
terrible burden to know that you will live out your days , alone and
unloved to perish a bitter old man with a legacy worth naught and a
passing most unremarkable.
I pity you your wretched life.

Perhaps one day you might learn that few people are so impressed by
what you know as they are by how you feel towards others. You should
try and encourage people rather than attempt to bully them. School
yards are full of hulking bullies as yourself. You can choose to
remain unchanged. However it might be refreshing if you would drop your
oppressive and overbearing attitude as well as your girth. By the way,
congratulations on your weight loss. It is an accomplishment you should
be recognized for.
Well Done!
Now... feel free to attack and belittle me. I would expect no less.
Rob

Old October 11th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Matt Nemmers

Rob wrote:
The Historian wrote:
[...]

Three full paragraphs of ad hom, then....

By the way,
congratulations on your weight loss. It is an accomplishment you should
be recognized for.
Well Done!

.....a singular "compliment," the sincerity of which can be highly
doubted given the previous three paragraphs, and then.....

Now... feel free to attack and belittle me. I would expect no less.
Rob

Rob takes "the high road!" He insults Neil for three full paragraphs
and then acts as if he's friggin' Mother Teresa with "feel free to
attack and belittle me...." Some martyr.

Rob, if you're going to berate somebody here -- and I don't begrudge
you that right at all; I've done it myself -- just do it. Don't
qualify it, explain in too much detail why, and whatever you do, don't
follow it up with some self-righteous sounding bull**** that you ended
your last post with. If it doesn't make you sound stupid, it makes you
sound soft -- and there's no room for that touch-feely, "We Are The
World" **** here on RGCP. *Especially* when you're trying to go off on
somebody.

Your whole flame was ruined by your last sentence, making your whole
diatribe ridiculous. No offense, but that last just made you look
stupid.

Old October 11th 06, 07:24 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Mike Murray

On 10 Oct 2006 21:48:24 -0700, "Matt Nemmers"
wrote:

... if you're going to berate somebody here -- and I don't begrudge
you that right at all; I've done it myself

Look out, here comes Rolf. :-)
Old October 11th 06, 11:20 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
The Historian

Matt Nemmers wrote:

[...]

He does that all the time. Who else would brag that they are on Prozac?

What set him off this time is that I placed him in Memphis rather than
Nashvile. That appears to be a sore point with Robtroll.

Old October 11th 06, 11:23 AM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
The Historian

wrote:

... if you're going to berate somebody here -- and I don't begrudge
you that right at all; I've done it myself

Look out, here comes Rolf. :-)

Have I mentioned that Mr. Innes thinks I and Matt Nemmers were one and
the same during that memorable thread?