Sam Sloan censured by Executive Board

Old December 5th 06, 08:56 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Duncan Oxley

Default Sam Sloan censured by Executive Board

The following motion by Joel Channing has passed by a vote of 3-0 with
Channing, Goichberg and Hough in favor and Sloan, Marinello, Schultz and
Tanner abstaining.

Bill Goichberg
---

November 29, 2006:

I move that the Executive Board of the USCF censure Sam Sloan for his
failures to adhere to the Standards of Conduct as highlighted and noted in
the attached emails.

( NOTE: I added a * to each of the highlighted lines in case your news
reader does not show it --Duncan)

Joel Channing

Violations of (1c), (2e), (3), (3b) & (3d)

Chessdon writes:
[...]

From USCF Forum posting: Violations of (1c) and (3b).

[...]

This is bull ****. Goichberg just hates me for no reason. He's a racist
pig.

Old December 5th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Why bother to CENSURE Sloan? Bill Clinton get introble, and he laughed
about it. Sloan, right now, is laughing. Every time you CENSURE Sloan,
you give him more votes in the next election. The best way to embarass
Sloan is to examine his past.

Marcus Roberts

Old December 6th 06, 01:33 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

CLEANING THE AUGEAN STABLES

Okay, then, where is the motion thanking Sam
Sloan for exposing a cheat among the members of the
Executive Board, who has since resigned?

Why aren't Joel Channing, Bill Goichberg and
Randy Hough THANKING Sam for uncovering one of their
members (and friends, to be sure) who misused his
position as a TD so egregiously?

What Sam did was precisely this: he discovered
a deeply untrustworthy member of the Executive Board
who had been a serial cheat -- planning carefully his
ploys -- over several years.

If that effort does not merit a big THANK YOU,
then nothing does from this Board.

It is evidently the case that cleaning out the
Augean stables is not something that the EB horses
much appreciate.

Old December 6th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Ange1o DePa1ma

ps.com...

Duncan Oxley wrote:
The following motion by Joel Channing has passed by a vote of 3-0 with
Channing, Goichberg and Hough in favor and Sloan, Marinello, Schultz and
Tanner abstaining.

Bill Goichberg
---

November 29, 2006:

I move that the Executive Board of the USCF censure Sam Sloan for his
failures to adhere to the Standards of Conduct as highlighted and noted
in
the attached emails.

Which emails? Does anyone have copies?

Old December 6th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Chess One

"Ange1o DePa1ma" wrote in message
I move that the Executive Board of the USCF censure Sam Sloan for his
failures to adhere to the Standards of Conduct as highlighted and noted
in
the attached emails.

Which emails? Does anyone have copies?

----
Angelo, here is a collation, reposted here from elsewhere, but in their
entirety without edit or comment from me. I also asked elsewhere which
specific Conduct is cited as failing to adhere to the Standards 'as
highlighted'. There has been no reply - Phil Innes
----

Old December 6th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Chess One wrote:
Angelo, here is a collation, reposted here from elsewhere, but in their
entirety without edit or comment from me. I also asked elsewhere which
specific Conduct is cited as failing to adhere to the Standards 'as
highlighted'. There has been no reply - Phil Innes
----

You could try the USCF BINFO system or the USCF Forums. Of course, you
must be a member of the USCF to get there. But, you aren't, are you?
So why the hell are you bothering the rest of us? Get off, idiot,

Old December 6th 06, 02:48 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics
Ange1o DePa1ma

His "stupid" remark would qualify as unprofessional in a public forum (was
this email part of public discussions?), but mere testiness in a private
meeting among peers.

Is this all there is? Could this be payback for uncovering Tanner's alleged
misdeeds?

I say "alleged" because while I strongly agree with Tanner's decision to
quit the board, it's unclear to me that he did anything that was against the
rules. Is an expert/master TD permitted to play fill-in games in the U-1200
section of tournaments he runs? I don't know. If it's a gray legal area such
behavior can be viewed in one of two ways: he's skimming rating points
(bad), or he's giving beginners a chance to play someone rated over 2000
(good).

As for his peripatetic tournaments with Hans and Franz, I have two
observiations. Where was the person who was rating these events when the
reports were submitted? Didn't he or she notice anything strange? Second, it
is not up to Tanner, 15 years after the fact, to prove that these guys
exist. Since USCF was accusing him of malfeasance it is up to them to prove
they do *not* exist. Since you can't prove a negative, and considering the
time that has elapsed, this matter should have been dropped with a valuable
lesson learned. Had the rating administrator 15 years ago raised a red flag
it would have been reasonable to ask him to produce these characters. Not
today.

Angelo DePalma

news:[email protected]..

Old December 6th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.games.chess.misc,rec.games.chess.politics

Ange1o DePa1ma wrote:
His "stupid" remark would qualify as unprofessional in a public forum (was
this email part of public discussions?), but mere testiness in a private
meeting among peers.

His stupid "stupid" remark was made in a non-confidential BINFO post.
Anyone that is a member of the USCF can read it.

Is this all there is?

No. You quoted another part of it which was Sloan lying about
candidates not having filed election fees.