USCF election results

Old July 17th 03, 01:04 AM
John Fernandez

Default USCF election results

Marinello 1007
Hanke 886
Schultz 867
Wagner 704
Sloan 653
Petersen 598

Wow.

Go Tim!

John Fernandez
Old July 17th 03, 02:04 AM
Matt Nemmers

"Mike Nolan" wrote in message
There may be a few ballots that still arrive tomorrow (only about 7
arrived today) that will alter the counts a little, but here are the
results of the election:

Marinello 1007
Hanke 886
Schultz 867
Wagner 704
Sloan 653
Petersen 598

There were write-ins for 95 individual, the top vote-getter
was Steve Doyle, with 161.

Glenn didn't give me the breakdown by region, but here is how many
votes came from each region:

region 1 126
region 2 308
region 3 218
region 4 214
region 5 122
region 6 66
region 7 115
region 8 102
region 9 69
region 10 103
region 11 238
region 12 77
US Territories/apo 5

53 problem/late ballots
6 Ballots sent out by 1st class were returned as undeliverable.

1822 is the total number of ballots received by the auditors.
--
Mike Nolan, co-chair, USCF Election Procedures Committee

Yes!!!! Just as I thought, all the nay-sayers on ol' RGCP didn't make one
lick of difference.

Sorry to see my third pick, Mikel Petersen, didn't make it, but like
Meatloaf said, "Two out of three ain't bad."

I know it's not official yet, but congratulations Tim and Beatriz! I know
you both will do absolutely phenomenal things for chess.

Best Regards,

Matt Nemmers

Old July 17th 03, 02:34 AM
RSHaas

Ah Ha! The results are an early sign that OMOV can break the hold of the
old guard. Among them only Don Schultz made it onto the board.
Also, take note that Marinello was the only candidate who did not outright
oppose my Mensa (Metro District) scheme. (RSHaas)
Old July 17th 03, 02:52 AM
sandirhodes

--

"Mike Nolan" wrote in message
[...]

Just goes ta show ya, Tim. You were convinced u didn't have a chance by the
people here, yet only a very small minority of members post here, or even
read it.

Please remember your initial goals, and don't let anyone keep you from them.
You must consider the slips you made here (no matter how relevant) to be in
the past. Leave them in the past and work FROM the future to achieve the
future you desire for the USCF.

And do not get frustrated. If this election didn't send a message to the
echelons in the chess world, the next one will, because then you may have
more help for achieving what is needed.

Good luck.

Old July 17th 03, 03:13 AM
ASCACHESS

Marinello 1007
Hanke 886
Schultz 867
Wagner 704
Sloan 653
Petersen 598

The stunning results.

There was only a difference of 409 votes between first and last.

The big stunner.
There were 653 people who voted for Sam Sloan and Sam didn't finish last.

Could this be the start of a new party?
The Reds, the Blacks, and now the Peds.

Who knew?

Richard Peterson
Old July 17th 03, 03:27 AM
Beatchess

Hello Mike,

As I anticipated in a previous posting, today I attended the count of the
ballots at the USCF office.

The following is the information requested by regions:

DS SS TH JW BM MP
REG I 61 48 83 36 60 42

REG II 120 91 178 98 208 84

REG III 96 79 114 88 137 75

REG IV 146 87 70 89 97 75

REG V 64 54 62 48 75 41

REG VI 27 22 36 23 44 30

REG VII 47 35 62 41 69 41

REG VIII 55 41 51 47 64 37

REG IX 38 22 34 30 48 23

REG X 57 47 40 41 47 37

REG XI 111 95 108 129 123 69

REG XII 42 30 45 31 32 28

subtotal 864 651 883 701 1004 597

others 3 2 3 3 3 1

TOTAL 867 653 886 704 1007 598

Once again, I would like to thank all my supporters.

I will continue reading the postings in this group and please feel free to
contact me with any comments and suggestions. My e-mail is:

Yours for Chess,

Beatriz Marinello

Old July 17th 03, 03:49 AM
Tim Hanke

"John Fernandez" wrote ...
Marinello 1007
Hanke 886
Schultz 867
Wagner 704
Sloan 653
Petersen 598

Wow.

Go Tim!

John Fernandez

John,

Thanks! :-)

Tim Hanke

Old July 17th 03, 03:49 AM
Tim Hanke

"Fifiela" wrote in message
Thanks for the update.

Congrats Tim!

I hope I have misjudged Don Shultz (who I did not vote for as "old

guard".)

Allan,

Thanks. :-)

Tim Hanke

Old July 17th 03, 03:51 AM
Tim Hanke

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
"Mike Nolan" wrote in message
[...]

Thanks. :-) I wanted the same three candidates you did. I'm very
disappointed Petersen finished behind Sloan. That's just wrong, in my
opinion.

Tim Hanke