Advice for Hanke

Old July 17th 03, 07:31 AM
RSHaas

Default Advice for Hanke

"The prediction was that about a thousand members would vote. Nearly two
thousand cast ballots. And this election is just the start. Next time around,
you can expect four or five thousand ballots." (Larry Parr)
==============
When is the next election and how many EB seats will be on the line?
(RSHaas)
Old July 17th 03, 03:47 PM
Spam Scone

(Parrthenon) wrote in message ...
A NEW ERA, MOST LIKELY
By Larry Parr
We have a new era.

It's a little early for this statement, isn't it?

Hell-raiser Tim Hanke has been elected, and Sam Sloan could have been elected.
One of these years, he will be elected.

Satan will be hosting the Ice Capades when that happens.

The prediction was that about a thousand members would vote. Nearly two
thousand cast ballots. And this election is just the start. Next time around,
you can expect four or five thousand ballots.

I'd expect two thousand votes. Chess politico like Parr always think
there is more interest in chess politics than chess.

New faces, new blood. GM Larry Evans as chairman of the Friends of the USCF has
been fighting for OMOV for over 15 years.
I am delighted that Hanke, the Boston Bad Boy or Bigtown Bruiser, as he is also
known, has made it. True, he altered some of his views in directions that I
don't much like, and his ideas about dropping dues is

SIC! "...his ideas about dropping dues are..."

around-the-corner
loonball. BUT: Tim will tell us what is going on.

If he remains uncorrupted by New Windsor. This is a big if.

First order of business, Tim. Pretty, pretty, puh-leeeeeze. Light a match under
their rectums re drug-testing. You will need to scream at them. They hate that,
Tim. Have fun.

Yes Tim, bring up a non-issue as a board member. Waste their time.

Second order of business, Tim. Sign a pact with Sloan. If you play it straight
with the membership who elected you, these guys will try to deny you entry into
secret meetings.
You will need to take them to court. You may not have the funds to do so by
hiring a lawyer. That means our boy Sam. Go in there with brass knuckles, Tim.
You will get no respect by being Mr. Nice Guy. None at all. If they see that
you are prepared to slice their intestines out, you will get a hearing.

Listen up Tim, here's the scoop from a failed chess politico and
writer. Copy all Parr says. Then crumple it up and throw it away.

There will be two stages to your Executive Board odyssey. First stage: you will
be charmed, wined and dined. The idea is to make you one of them. Cooptation,
Timmo, cooptation. Second stage: you will be shunted aside and ignored and
decisions will be made outside your earshot. At this point, you either tuck
your chess tail between you legs and lick their shoes; or you begin looking for
violations of both Delegate mandates and Illinois law and perhaps NY open
meeting legislation. Then you take them to court.
Tim: let me give you an example of how you handle the rotters.
There is a Board resolution stating that only personnel and bids can be
discussed in closed sessions. Of course, we know that they blacken reputations,
plot financial shenanigans and the like in closed sessions. You take a
tape-recorder into those sessions and when they violate their own charter and
laws, you take them to court.
Will you actually have to file cases?
Probably not. Once they see you cannot be wined and you aren't prepared to
whine, then they will alter their behavior accordingly.
For the moment, congrats Tim.
One is certain that Parser Blair helped to win a few votes for you. And, for
once, we give a big huggo and smoocho to the Parser.

And in the same spirit that Mr. Parr is extending the olive branch to
Dr. Blair, I likewise offer my hand to KidDon, who, despite his claim
not to be a politician, actively campaigned against Hanke and even
attempted fraud in order to vote.

Neil Brennen
Old July 17th 03, 05:16 PM
RSHaas

I think Parr's advice for Hanke to stay a bit wild and loose, so to speak,
is on the mark. I mean, the EB doesn't need another ho-hummer, does it?
(RSHaas)
Old July 17th 03, 07:14 PM
StanB

"RSHaas" wrote in message

When is the next election and how many EB seats will be on the line?

Two years. All the ones that weren't up this cycle.

StanB

Old July 17th 03, 08:13 PM
StanB

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

Tim Hanke, the Boston Ballbuster, elected to the Board.

Look at bin Larry licking Hanke's boots. After all the **** Tim walked
through bin Larry couldn't resist.

Imagine that.

Yes indeed, imagine that. Perhaps bin Larry would like to remind Timmy what
bin Larry's thoughts were on Iraq, Saddam, and our despicable treatment of
the umpteen million children that we killed there.

StanB

Old July 17th 03, 08:19 PM
StanB

"Parrthenon" wrote in message

If Mr. Hanke has a rudimentary sense of decency, he will publicly

thank
that honey-huggable parser for being the father of his electoral success.

Right. And align himself with Sam Sloan. And no doubt he should climb up and
hang from the Cross with Bilbuld. You should think first bin Larry, all
kinds of **** is coming out of your mouth.

StanB

Old July 17th 03, 09:21 PM
Mhoulsby

snips much

Meanwhile, the anonymouse "Nick" was a fabrication. "Nick's" constant
attacks on me, and "Nick's" anti-Americanism, were cleverly designed to
generate a backlash sympathy vote in my favor. We had a team of researchers
looking up all those long quotations "Nick" used in his posts.

These were sophisticated campaign techniques and I hope the history books
will give us full credit for pulling it off successfully.

Tim Hanke

Are you *determined* to prove that you are as comprehensively moronic as your
adherents StanB and Briarroot?

Jerome Bibuld asserted that you are not dumb. At the time, I agreed with him,
but I begin to harbour serious doubts...

For anyone who is reading this, and doesn't know... I am a Brit with
*absolutely no interest* in Timothy Hanke's political career.

My *only* interest is in Hanke's several completely unprovoked and utterly
baseless personal attacks upon Nick Bourbaki and me.

Evidently he is unrepentant.

This is unfortunate.

Mark Houlsby
Old July 17th 03, 09:38 PM
StanB

"Mhoulsby" -remove- wrote in message

For anyone who is reading this, and doesn't know... I am a Brit with
*absolutely no interest* in Timothy Hanke's political career.

And not to worry because no one has an interest in you or your inability to
establish interpersonal relationships.

My *only* interest is in Hanke's several completely unprovoked and utterly
baseless personal attacks upon Nick Bourbaki and me.

Evidently he is unrepentant.

Listen sonny, I think I hear your mum calling.

StanB

Old July 18th 03, 12:37 AM
Briarroot

Tim Hanke wrote:

"Parrthenon" wrote ...

If Mr. Hanke has a rudimentary sense of decency, he will publicly

thank
that honey-huggable parser for being the father of his electoral success.

Larry,

Now it can be revealed that Louis Blair was on my side all along. His job,
which he performed excellently, was to attack me daily with ridiculous
accusations and shallow arguments that no one would ever believe, drowning
out my genuine critics with his flood of white noise.

Damn! Ya fooled me.

Meanwhile, the anonymouse "Nick" was a fabrication. "Nick's" constant
attacks on me, and "Nick's" anti-Americanism, were cleverly designed to
generate a backlash sympathy vote in my favor. We had a team of researchers
looking up all those long quotations "Nick" used in his posts.

Shh. Don't tell Houlsby. He worships "Nick."

These were sophisticated campaign techniques and I hope the history books
will give us full credit for pulling it off successfully.

July 16, 2003, a date that will live in infamy. :-0