Unofficial EB election results on USCF website

Old July 19th 03, 06:55 AM
Miriling

Default Unofficial EB election results on USCF website

Unofficial tallies of the 2003 Executive Board election are posted on the USCF
website - http://www.uschess.org

Unfortunately, the total number of people who voted per region is not given.
Instead, the total number of votes cast per region is given. There is a
difference. To correctly assess the success or failure of this election, it is
necessary that the total of number of voting members (per region) in addition
to the total number of votes be reflected in the unofficial tallies. Also, it
would have been nice if the total number of invalidated ballots had been part
of the tally.

George Mirijanian
Old July 19th 03, 07:34 AM
John Fernandez

Interesting - Mikel Peterson did just about as well as Sam Sloan and Joe Wagner
in his own region.

John Fernandez
Old July 20th 03, 04:04 AM
Tom Martinak

Of the state/regional magazines I've seen, the following
either
ignored the election or didn't give endorsements, stealth

or
otherwise:

The Pennswoodpusher

I had brought up to the PSCF officers the question of
whether we should make an endorsement, but everybody felt it
was best not to become involved in USCF politics. In
addition, we don't have a process for choosing who to
endorse so there really wasn't time to create a fair process
and make a choice. With OMOV though, it is probably an
issue that all state federations should consider before the
next election.

For myself, I am relatively happy with the results,
disappointed only in the standings for M. Petersen. While I
was willing to view him as an independent, I'm afraid that
many saw him as the third man on a ticket (much like George
John's position in the previous election). But as third
man, he was the one left off by those favoring the ticket
who also had a favorite son that they wanted to include.
And as someone associated with that ticket he was left off
by all those who were vehemently opposed to it.

- Tom Martinak