Prizes donated for free fundraising tournament

Old July 19th 03, 02:43 PM
Dan Heisman

Default Prizes donated for free fundraising tournament

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the donations that have been offered for the free
fundraising tournament on August 10 (I am still getting additions).

Donated prizes at this point include:

1) Plaque to club with most participants
2) Special Prize: Autographed copy of John Hilbert's new "Essays in American Chess History"
3) 1st Prize, Open Section: Lucite Engraved Block
4) Under 1400 Section Trophies: 1st, U1200, U1000, U800, U600, Unrated
5) $50 - Best score by a female (open section takes precedence)

Plus the Kaiserman JCC has donated the room, which was a great help in allowing for a free entry. This is a
rated tournament, so USCF membership is required (available at the door if not a member). It is open to all
ages - anyone in the world can play. It is not a team tournament; it is individually paired so you don't
need a team to play.

Thanks again to all!!

This event is a 5SS G/30 at the Kaiserman JCC in Wynnewood PA, 3 miles south on US 1 from the Adam's Mark
Hotel, where the World Open is held (entrance to the JCC is on Haverford avenue; the JCC is on the corner of
US 1 and Haverford).

The purpose is to raise funds for the Holly Heisman Memorial Fund at the Philadelphia Foundation
(www.philafound.org). Donations are NOT required, but of course appreciated. Suggested donation is $15 per
person.

More information is at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/danhei...emorial_03.htm,
or e-mail me or call me at , phone 610-649-0750. If enough players show up, I may
expand the event to three sections.

To e-mail advance entry include USCF name, ID, expiration date, section, and which club you wish to
represent. This will greatly help the tournament get started on time. Entry at the door is from 9:15-10 AM.
Donations can be made out by check to "The Philadelphia Foundation/Heisman" either by mail entry (not
required) or at the door. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Dan Heisman
host, "Ask the Renaissance Man" at