Susan Polgar, let's see some analysis!

Old July 20th 03, 09:51 PM
Alberich

Default Susan Polgar, let's see some analysis!

I enjoy reading the articles on the chesscafe.com website. They're
informative and interesting to read. But I'm alittle disappointed with
Susan Polgar's column. Yes, I do enjoy reading what she has to say about
the political climate in regards to women and chess.

But i'd appreciate her even more if she could just give us one chess
game a month analyzing the moves played. Even women's chess games since
she puts some recent women's games in her columns. I don't understand
why she doesn't. For example, her little sister Judit Polgar defeated
Gary Kasparov. Why didn't she take the time to post that game with
analysis? It wouldn't have taken that much time to do such work.
Certainly considering the length of time she has to post a column on the
website Susan has plenty of time to do this.

Yes, I know Susan Polgar must be very busy what with her work, training
and studying for the upcoming Olympiad in 2004. But that's still no
excuse for not using the time she has and the column she's got not to
put her own analysis on games played. She's a world class GM and
whatever comes out of her typewriter/computer would be of interest to
chess lovers all over the world. So I'm mystified why Susan doens't take
the time she has for her column to run her own analysis on women's chess
games played. I'm sure she's capable and I don't see why Susan Polgar
can't do this.
Old July 21st 03, 12:50 PM
John Lamont

She has a column in chess life magazine where she explains openings
usually, but you're right about her chesslife column, it's usually a
waste of time..
Old July 22nd 03, 03:08 AM
Paul Truong

I am Susan's business manager and we collaborate on all columns. The
answer to your question is this is the request from ChessCafe.com.
This is the format they want. We do analysis on all other columns in
chess life, chess horizons, and others.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Best Regards,
Paul Truong

Old July 22nd 03, 02:18 PM
Paul Truong

It is my pleasure. It is unfortunate that some people would like to
state things as facts without finding out the truth. Susan does ALL
the writing herself (in Hungarian, English, Russian, Spanish, German,
etc.) since she published her first book at a very young age. Her
books have been published in many different languages worldwide and
some could be considered as part of the best selling chess books of
all time. What I do is double check and/or give additional ideas.
That is what a collaborator does. When we collaborate, the articles
have both names. When we do individual work, it will only show
individual names.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Paul Truong

(Mr. Hat) wrote in message ...
In article ,
(Paul Truong) wrote:

I am Susan's business manager and we collaborate on all columns. The
answer to your question is this is the request from ChessCafe.com.
This is the format they want. We do analysis on all other columns in
chess life, chess horizons, and others.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Best Regards,
Paul Truong

Thank you very much for spending your time to clarify what was obviously
stated/suggested incorrectly here. It is much appreciated by many of us,
and probably eye-opening for others in showing them to be a little more
careful before mouthing off.