Why is this not objectionable?

Old July 20th 03, 10:54 PM

Default Why is this not objectionable?

Here is the full text of Tim Hanke's remark, "Bugger the Chinese". The
context was it came in a debate about the problem of entering Chinese
names in databases. The topic concerned the name of Chinese
Grandmaster Zhang Zhong. Was his family name Zhang or Zhong? Which
should come first?

As an ethnic slur, I consider it to be forgettable, except that Tim
Hanke does it all the time. Almost every day Hanke makes a racist or
sexist remark. Imagine what would happen if George W. Bush said that
he wanted to go mud-wrestling with Hillary Clinton. I am surprised
that you find nothing objectionable about Tim Hanke saying that he
wants to go mud-wrestling with Beatriz Marinello, his election
opponent:

From:Tim Hanke )
Subject: Zhang Zhong revisited
Newsgroups:rec.games.chess.misc
Date:2003-06-02 17:18:59 PST

"Bill Smythe" wrote ...
"Mark Houlsby" wrote:
Surely you meant to write: "Smythe Bill"?! :-)

No, but we Americans (and western Europeans) could reasonably make a
concession to the Chinese. When entering a Chinese name into a Western
database, such as the USCF membership list, enter the entire name in the
family-name field, and leave the given-name field blank. Such names would
appear correctly on both alphabetized lists and paychecks. On lists, they
would appear without commas. The lack of a comma could be an indicator that
the family name is the first name listed.

Bugger the Chinese. Next you will be telling us our calendar is all
wrong too, and this is really 4700, the Year of the Ram.

Tim Hanke (born in 4655, the Year of the Dog)
--
I am a candidate for the U.S. Chess Federation Executive Board in the
2003 election. Please visit my website at http://www.timothyhanke.net.

Old July 20th 03, 11:04 PM
Mhoulsby

From:Tim Hanke )
Newsgroups:rec.games.chess.misc
Date:2003-06-02 17:18:59 PST

"Bill Smythe" wrote ...
"Mark Houlsby" wrote:
[...]

Sloan,

This could do without your help.

Butt out.
Old July 20th 03, 11:38 PM
Chris Mattern

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message ...
Here is the full text of Tim Hanke's remark, "Bugger the Chinese". The

He won, you lost, get over it.

Chris Mattern

Old July 21st 03, 08:29 PM
John Macnab

Matt Nemmers wrote:
"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
SNIP

As an ethnic slur, I consider it to be forgettable, except that Tim
Hanke does it all the time. Almost every day Hanke makes a racist or
sexist remark. Imagine what would happen if George W. Bush said that
he wanted to go mud-wrestling with Hillary Clinton. I am surprised
that you find nothing objectionable about Tim Hanke saying that he
wants to go mud-wrestling with Beatriz Marinello, his election
opponent:

SNIP

Get over it, Sloan.

You lost -- quit ****in' cryin' about it. Hanke beat you fair and square
and no amount of over-sensitive quibbling over semantics is going to change
that.

You're not Chinese and you'll never get married to Marinello, so WHAT IS
YOUR POINT??? Everyone knows what Tim said and nobody really gives a ****
except you PC commandos out there who want to make a mountain out of every
molehill on the course.

MN

Funny thing, freedom. You'd think every person were entitled to fairly
present an opinion. If you disagree with the post, make an argument.
If you dislike Sam Sloan, aren't you tired of saying it yet?

John

Old July 29th 03, 04:31 PM
Dr. Robert Faurisson

From: "Matt Nemmers"
Date: 20/07/03 23:46 GMT Daylight Time

SNIP

****
except you PC commandos out there who want to make a mountain out of

every
molehill on the course.

MN

Not true. I'm no commando, nor confedrit neither, not nohow, nosiree...

MH

What you are dickbreath is a flaming faggot troll that can niether play
chess or do anything else in your pathetic life with any degree of
competency!

ps The US chess federation lost all credibility when they snubbed the one
guy who did more for them than anyone else.....Robert James Fischer

Listen to Fischer's latest June Interview:
http://home.att.ne.jp/moon/fischer/index.htm

Old July 29th 03, 04:40 PM
Mhoulsby

From: "Dr. Robert Faurisson" eallyhatespam
Date: 29/07/03 16:31 GMT Daylight Time

From: "Matt Nemmers"

Date: 20/07/03 23:46 GMT Daylight Time

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
SNIP
[...]

Timothy Hanke, Stan Booz and Briarroot evidently agree with this assessment,
Jason, which has clearly been meticulously researched.

Are you guys co-ordinating this attack or what?

I'm scaaaaaaaaaaared!

What's your next move, revisionist boy?

Mark

ps The US chess federation lost all credibility when they snubbed the one
guy who did more for them than anyone else.....Robert James Fischer

Listen to Fischer's latest June Interview:
http://home.att.ne.jp/moon/fischer/index.htm

Well, Fischer is no more disturbed than Jason is, at least. I hope that both
recover their sanity.

From:Tim Hanke )
Newsgroups:rec.games.chess.misc
Date:2003-06-02 17:18:59 PST

"Bill Smythe" wrote ...
"Mark Houlsby" wrote:
Surely you meant to write: "Smythe Bill"?! :-)

No, but we Americans (and western Europeans) could reasonably make a
concession to the Chinese. When entering a Chinese name into a Western
database, such as the USCF membership list, enter the entire name in the
family-name field, and leave the given-name field blank. Such names would
appear correctly on both alphabetized lists and paychecks. On lists, they
would appear without commas. The lack of a comma could be an indicator that
the family name is the first name listed.

Bugger the Chinese. Next you will be telling us our calendar is all
wrong too, and this is really 4700, the Year of the Ram.

Tim Hanke (born in 4655, the Year of the Dog)

I have been a critic of Tim's approach to certain subjects (e.g.
admitted "cultural prejudice; at least during the election), but find
it interesting that this question is coming from the King of the
Objectionable.

So how about this "sexual" stuff from Sloan's websites? Is it
objectionable?

Caution: Don't click these links if you are under the age of 18,
and/or offended by "adult" material. Even those not offended by
"adult" material will be offended by some of this, including but not
limited to Sam's "how2rape":

http://www.anusha.com/how2rape.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/pornplot.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/threesom.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/ininlaw.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/got-her.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/catholic.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/chantabu.htm
http://www.samsloan.com/arraign.htm
http://www.ishipress.com/trobrian.htm
http://www.anusha.com/girlspic.htm

I reluctantly post these links just in case there are readers out
there who don't know about Sam's writings. Unfortunately, Sam will
probably love that I posted this because it will get him the website
"hits" he lives for.

KIdDon
Old July 30th 03, 01:21 PM
StanB

"Spam Scone" wrote in message

http://www.samsloan.com/chantabu.htm

Thanks. This last one is the defense to a libel suit. Stan, was this
the one you remember about Sloan?

No. He had pictures of prostitutes under the age of fifteen who he claimed
to have bedded. He no longer has that page up.

StanB

Old July 31st 03, 12:58 AM
Tony D.

I never took much stock in the discussion of Sam's sexual proclivities until
this time. He is clearly a disgusting person, and one can only hope for his
swift demise.

"Ever since I lost a lung to cancer, I've cut my smoking in half"

Tony D.

Old July 31st 03, 12:08 PM

On Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:21:37 -0400, "StanB"
wrote:

"Spam Scone" wrote in message
m...

http://www.samsloan.com/chantabu.htm

Thanks. This last one is the defense to a libel suit. Stan, was this
the one you remember about Sloan?

No. He had pictures of prostitutes under the age of fifteen who he claimed
to have bedded. He no longer has that page up.

StanB

Not true. There are no such pictures. I have never taken a page or a
picture off my website. Every picture that was ever on my website is
still there now.

Stan is just projecting that some of the women whose pictures are on
my website are under-aged. He does not know the ages of the women and
neither do I in most cases.