Prediction: Frank Camaratta will be next USCF President

Old July 21st 03, 12:21 AM
Jim

Default Prediction: Frank Camaratta will be next USCF President

Does anyone care? Does anyone know who this person is? I ask again - does
anyone care?

This group seems to be obsessed with American chess politics, and it's not
as if America is even an important chess-playing nation. Enough of this
trivia!

Bragcat

"Sam Sloan" wrote in message
Prediction: Frank Camaratta will be next USCF President

Now that the election results are out, I predict that Frank Camaratta
will be made USCF President in August. Indeed, I think he is the only
reasonable choice.

I made it clear (privately, not as part of my campaign) that I felt
that Camaratta should replace McCrary as USCF President. Among my
reasons were that Camaratta has wanted to be president for more than a
decade, has worked hard at it, knows the USCF and its finances better
than any other candidate, and deserves the chance.

On the other hand, I do not think that McCrary has been a very good
president. He is not nearly as bad as Redman (who was horrible) but he
has not been very good. His penchant for secrecy has meant that nobody
knows what is going on in the USCF. His idea to move to Crossville,
refusing even to consider Palm Beach Gardens, is ridiculous. I am
biased by the fact that McCrary is the only board member who does not
play chess. I realize that a person could be a good president without
being a good chess player, but I cannot understand why a person would
want to be USCF President who does not play chess at all.

There will be a lot of opposition to Camaratta. His opponents keep
citing the fact that he is in the business of selling chess sets,
which they say is a conflict of interest.

However, I can count three votes for Camaratta. Beatrice is expected
to vote for McCrary. Hanke will be the wild-card, approached by all
sides. Hanke can be expected to vote for which ever side promises to
put his chess trivia game on the cover of the USCF Catalog, with the
biggest ad space, free of charge, of course.

It will be a struggle, but I expect Camaratta to come out on top.

Had Wagner won, there was some support for making him USCF President,
but Wagner was defeated.

Old July 21st 03, 03:14 AM
michael adams

Jim wrote:

Does anyone care? Does anyone know who this person is? I ask again - does
anyone care?

This group seems to be obsessed with American chess politics, and it's not
as if America is even an important chess-playing nation. Enough of this
trivia!

Bragcat

snip

I fear you be too hard Bragcat, Sloan has given an economical post to do
with the chess world & it would appear the dastardly 'Redman' person is
no more. After all this is 'rgcm'. Put some J. Taylor on & chill some..