Kasparov vs Ponomariov match from Sept. 19

Old July 24th 03, 06:56 AM
Jerzy

Default Kasparov vs Ponomariov match from Sept. 19

"Briarroot" wrote in message

shrug I don't care how you treat it. Pono's title is a sham.

That`s what I call childish ravings of an old man.

You're just being silly.

No, it`s silly to call Pono`s title a sham ...
If you are such a wise man go and win the title for your country ...
Or send one of your men who can do it.

You want to ridicule Pono as the World Champion ??
Then go and fight with Pono, I will be laughing out loud seeing your
attempts to escape his check&mates.

Since neither you nor I are Grandmasters, our opinions
are equally valid, or not, as the case may be. Let's
just leave that out of our discussion. ;-)

At any rate, I think you'll find that I am not alone in
thinking that Ponomariov is not yet of World Championship
caliber. Whatever his accomplishments thus far, the FIDE
Knockout tournament format is not what many consider a to
be a worthy means of determining the World Championship of
Chess. Just because a some FIDE bureaucrats say he is the
best in the world, doesn't make it so.

I know there is a widespread resistance to FIDE bureaucrats but if you think
you are so clever go and organize sth better than those bureaucrats ...

Yeah, me too. I've got my fingers crossed that both matches take
place as scheduled. ;-)

Your fingers are apparently not strong enough to cross the matches ))

Huh? I'm hoping the matches take place; I assume you're
hoping the same thing.

Huh ?
My fingers are not so strong as yours if you think I can make the matches
take place as scheduled.

Regards,

Jerzy

Old July 24th 03, 09:40 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

No, it`s silly to call Pono`s title a sham ...
If you are such a wise man go and win the title for your country ...
Or send one of your men who can do it.

What title?? Winning some stupid speedgame KO tournament grants you a title
now? Why not 5 minute blitz then, get it over with even faster? Sure,
fine, he won a speedgame KO tournament in which there were very strong
players, like Ivanchuk. Linares contains an even stronger average of
player, and that isn`t the World Championship decider either. Nor is Wijk
aan Zee, which also is stronger than that KO tournament. And neither of
those is speed games, besides.

Old July 26th 03, 09:47 AM
Jerzy

"Joshua B. Lilly" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
No, it`s silly to call Pono`s title a sham ...
If you are such a wise man go and win the title for your country ...
Or send one of your men who can do it.

What title?? Winning some stupid speedgame KO tournament grants you a

title
now? Why not 5 minute blitz then, get it over with even faster? Sure,
fine, he won a speedgame KO tournament in which there were very strong
players, like Ivanchuk. Linares contains an even stronger average of
player, and that isn`t the World Championship decider either. Nor is Wijk
aan Zee, which also is stronger than that KO tournament. And neither of
those is speed games, besides.

You are comic Josh. Pono is guilty of winnig with Ivanchuk and Anand.
Hahaha, it is really comic. ))
When Karyakin happens to win the title you will be for sure mumbling that he
is too young to win with other respected chess players.

Wijk aan Zee or Linares are not battles for titles but for money so it`s
only increases the comicness of your reasoning that the winners of the
events in Wijk or Linares should win the titles.

Regards,

Jerzy

Old July 28th 03, 04:15 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

I think you have comprehension problems. I said Linares and Wijk aan Zee
are NOT title contests. And I never said they should be. You are lying
when you say that my reasoning is that they should be, because they
shouldn't. I said they AREN'T. Use your brain, please, before accusing
people of false things.

Until you can be honest, you are not worth being given any consideration or
thought.

- Joshua B. Lilly

Old July 29th 03, 08:44 PM
John Fernandez

there is no single dollar collected yet for this match...

So Kirsan's lying in his interview in Sport Express?

John Fernandez