I would like to see a ballot count for the 60 late ballots

Old July 21st 03, 10:49 AM

Default I would like to see a ballot count for the 60 late ballots

I would like to see a ballot count for the 60 late ballots.

I have been informed that 60 ballots received from USCF members were
declared invalid by the auditors because they were postmarked after
July 7 or were not postmarked at all, even though they were received
by July 15.

I think that this was wrong and should be changed. I would also like
to see those ballots opened and counted now.

I have a special reason for interest in this. The only campaigning I
did was at the World Open in Philadelphia. NOBODY I spoke to at the
World Open said that they had voted. Several persons promised to vote
for me when they got back home.

However, the World Open was held from July 2 to July 7. I did not
realize that there was a requirement that the ballot be postmarked by
July 7. I thought that it was sufficient for a ballot to be received
by July 15.

Although 60 votes was not enough to change the election results, I
would like to see those ballots counted, to see what was the effect of
my campaigning at the World Open.

Old July 21st 03, 10:50 AM
Gunny Bunny

Nope, the postmark has to be the way to go. This is the date it was mailed,
not the date it is received by the USCF.

No point in counting rejected ballots.

The game is over, time to move on

Old July 22nd 03, 11:29 PM
Mike Nolan

"Loki" writes:

Gore was robbed of the Presidency. He had the most votes. He should be
President at this moment.

Not where it counted--in Tennessee and Arkansas. Had he won EITHER of
those states (his home state and his President's home state) what happened
in Florida would have irrelevant.

...I don't think he complained as much as you have.

No, he had attorneys do that for him. Sam is his own attorney, and I
assume you know the rest of that aphorism.
--
Mike Nolan
Old July 23rd 03, 03:35 AM
Loki

You're right, I am wrong. Sam should keep on plugging. Maybe he'll get the
votes recounted. Maybe he'll get what he wants. Or maybe he should just
fly around the world and change the earth's rotation. That way he could go
back in time and make sure those 60 votes were counted.

As far as Gore goes, he won the popular vote. He had more votes from the
citizens of the US than Bush....where it counted. The electoral votes did
him in. And there wasn't an anchorman around who didn't see the current
election system in the US as flawed. If Government is "for the people by
the people" then the system failed. However, that's the way it goes. Like
it or not, that's the system. So he made his remarks, and yep, Gore did a
lot all on his own, and then it was over. We now have a comedian for
President. Who seems to have led us to war on falsified and bogus
information. George W. Nixon.

But I digress, that's a story for a different newsgroup. The votes are in,
Sam is out. I suppose he's entitled to his rants. Though to what end
remains to be seen. It won't be seen by me though.

Loki