~$1,000 in prizes donated for free, rated fundraiser tourney near Philly- Thanks!

Old July 24th 03, 12:57 AM
Dan Heisman

Default ~$1,000 in prizes donated for free, rated fundraiser tourney near Philly- Thanks!

Hi!

Unbelievably, sponsors have been coming out of the woodwork donating prizes for the Aug 10, free, rated,
Holly Heisman Memorial tournament.

Total prize worth now estimated at about $1,000 and growing! I would like to publicly thank all my
non-anonymous sponsors

1) Plaque to club with most participants. (I donated this one). Of course you don't need a club or team
to play!

2) Special Prize: Autographed copy of John Hilbert's new Essays in American Chess History (from John
Hilbert, of course)

3) 1st Prize, Open Section: Lucite Engraved Block

4) Under 1400 Section Trophies: 1st, U1200, U1000, U800, U600, Unrated

5) $60 - Best score by females - split evenly between each section - Sponsored by Chess Express Ratings
(www.chess-express.com)

6) $25/trophies? to Top Under Age 10 plus Top Under Age 8 (West York Chess Club)

7) House of Staunton Upset prize (Open Section): Black/Natural lacquered ProLine Series chessmen in a
nice wooden box (Retail $180!!) www.houseofstaunton.com - the best place on the web to buy nice chess sets!

8) Chess Mentor - One Chess Mentor Deluxe (Top Junior in Open section) Retail $300+! and 3 Chess Mentor
Comprehensive (2nd Junior in Open; Top 2 Juniors in U1400) - retail $80 each. - One of the top software
learning sites on the web. www.chess.com

Plus the Kaiserman JCC has donated the room, which was a great help in allowing for a free entry.

This is a rated tournament, so USCF membership is required (available at the door if not a member). It is
open to all ages - anyone in the world can play. It is not a team tournament; it is individually paired so
you don't need a team to play.

Thanks again to all!!

This event is a 5SS G/30 at the Kaiserman JCC in Wynnewood PA, 3 miles south on US 1 from the Adam's Mark
Hotel, where the World Open is held (entrance to the JCC is on Haverford avenue; the JCC is on the corner of
US 1 and Haverford).

The purpose is to raise funds for the Holly Heisman Memorial Fund at the Philadelphia Foundation
(www.philafound.org). Donations are NOT required, but of course appreciated. Suggested donation is $15+ per
person.

More information is at http://mywebpages.comcast.net/danhei...emorial_03.htm,
or e-mail me or call me at , phone 610-649-0750. If enough players register, I may
expand the event to three sections.

Please e-mail advance entry so the event can start on time; include:

1) USCF name (exactly as on your label or card)
2) USCF ID
3) USCF expiration date
4) section (Open or Under 1400), and
5) which club you wish to represent.

This will greatly help the tournament get started on time. Entry at the door is from 9:15-10 AM.
Donations can be made out by check to "The Philadelphia Foundation/Heisman" either by mail entry (not
required; to Dan Heisman 1359 Garden Rd., Wynnewood, PA 19096) or at the door. Thanks!

Dan H
www.danheisman.com