Article - IIyumzhinov - 3 Points Win - 1 Point Draw

Old July 24th 03, 12:01 AM
Briarroot

Default Article - IIyumzhinov - 3 Points Win - 1 Point Draw

Gunny Bunny wrote:

[snip most of Sveshnikov interview]

Chess games have commercial value, therefore tournament regulations should
have a clause about property rights on games played in the tournament. If
such a clause is omitted, then players should be proprietors of their games
by default.

Heh. Here's Sveshnikov at it again; he won't give up on this.

We need to increase the role of chess professionals in the workings of FIDE.
In the past few years we saw so many changes in the rules of chess! Surely,
life is changing, but all alteration should take place only upon approval by
the Player's Council. We cannot trust only bureaucrats and arbiters to
change the chess rules. The Players' Council should also control awarding of
chess titles. And we need to know the FIDE budget and how it is spent. We
should not forget about junior chess and social problems of chess
professionals and trainers. Surely this list could be continued. FIDE should
assign people to deal with each issue, have a clear and transparent budge
and set deadlines and performance control checks. Is this difficult? Yes,
but this is what FIDE is for!

Bravo. Well said, Sveshnikov! FIDE has for too long
overstepped it's authority. Unfortunately, Grandmasters
are notoriously difficult to organize. They are far too
competitive, and usually refuse to co-operate with each
other for their common benefit.