A Feud for All Seasons

Old July 26th 03, 10:08 AM
NoMoreChess

Default A Feud for All Seasons

..
Not at all. Hanke and his supporters (including NoMo)

Just how much did I donate to Mr. Hanke last year? I need to know, so I can
write it off on my taxes as "charitable contributions." Please don't tell me
he is not a licensed charity case. Surely, there must be some way to connect
Hanke to the USCF, thence to the ACF?!?

Double standard. I am said to "support" Hanke, for no particular reason.
But Nick is not your hero, for you say you have (on rare occasion) criticised
him. Very rare, it seems, for I keep hearing about it, secondhand! LOL

I challenge Dorkhead to show evidence that Hanke and his so-called
"supporters" are threatening anyone here.
By contrast, the latest round of postings by Holes-by contained a
thinly-veiled threat to complain of off-topic postings by Tim Hanke, and
repeatedly mentioned the keyword, "abuse." Coincidence? We wil know, soon
enough.

Elsewhere in this thread, you complain of poor spelling, and throw the
anonymous jibe: "Talk is cheep."

Pssst: hint -- that particular mispelling was no accident.

OTOF, I cannot deni that, at timz, I have misspelt wurds Quiet accidently.

You misfired this time, Dorky, but I have confidence that you will get
another chance, my old friend. And I *know* that like a good Boy Scout, you
will be ready when it comes! LOL
Just be sure and beat the many others here to the punch, so you can take ALL
the credit for yourself! Just think how impressed everyone will be with your
spelling skill.

Bourbaki (note the spelling) is not my idol.

Oh my god. Where is Louis Blair? These careless words will come back to
haunt you, again and again. I pity you if you ever make a misstep in a thread
that he is following. I will settle for just one good bellylaugh, though!
Heck, you will soon be hating Nick!

with pictures of Bob Hope, Brad Pitt, and so forth, labelled as characters
from these forums.

These fora.

Et tu, Brute? And Caesar turned to Brutus and said, "Uhhhhh... Thhhat's a
dammmn sharrrp knnnife, my ooold frrriendddddd."
Flora and fauna, E pluribus unum, Anno Dommini, ante bellum,
nomoregreekplease.

Clearly, your posting the same paragraph four times, was an *attempt* at
humor, as was Mr. Hanke's webpage. That's why we all have day jobs, isn't
it?

No, we have day jobs in order to earn a living. We have a sense of humour in
order to stay sane.

When you say "we," it is understood that you cannot possibly be including
yourself, as we have already seen. But do not despair, for you have plenty of
company here! In fact, these chess newsgroups seem to be a favorite hangout
for people with no sense of humor.

Should I call you Jekyll or Hyde today?

It makes no difference what you call me.

But the real Mr. Hyde may take exception if you confuse us by using the same
name. I'm talking about the one who posts here, not the famous counterpart to
Dr. Jeckyl, who, before Garry Kasparov came along, was known as "the rug." As
he is not a part of your current round of feuding, I am not surprised by this
oversight.

For your part, NoMo, you have done *some* good work towards revealing the
sheer idiocy of Hanke, StanB, Briarroot et al, but you seem to blow hot and

cold.

In other words, Dorky, when and if I write something *you agree with*, I am
"hot." But if I *disagree with you* then I am "cold."
Can you not see that in reality I am just lukewarm all the time, and it is
YOU who is having hot-flashes, off and on?
In particular, if I disagree with anyone you are currently fueding with, I am
*perceived* by you as "hot." And vice versa, if I agree with anyone you are
fueding with, regardless of objective temperature readings.

The answer is simple: step back and see yourself as the biased, feuding
nincompoop that you really are! You have already taken on all the aspects of
another Larry Parr, including "grouping" your perceived enemies, which can only
mean that you *feel* outnumbered, ganged-up-on. Persecuted. This could be
serious.

As for the issue of threats, I have never seen anyone of this type suddenly
begin to insist that another poster "do things," unless he intends to follow-up
with a rearguard action, such as what happenned with Phil Innes, Rolf, and
others. Time will tell the tale.

The hypocrisy of targetting a single, unwelcome poster for *his* off-topic
postings is rather pathetic.
If indeed, you believe that off-topic posts should be strictly banned, then
by all means take decisive action to get this policy enforced -- for eveybody.
But do not hide behind this transparent shield, and use it for your own
personal agenda, thinking you are fooling anyone but yourself.

Personally, I think more "bandwidth" is wasted on petty feuds between posters
who carry gigantic chips on their shoulders, than is wasted on off-topic
discussions. Some of these read something like:

You lied, fishbreath!

No, you lied, pighead.

No -- you did. Fishbreath.

U-uh. I told the truth. YOU lied, pig.

and so forth, ad nauseum

Old July 26th 03, 03:08 PM
StanB

"NoMoreChess" wrote in message

The answer is simple: step back and see yourself as the biased, feuding
nincompoop that you really are! You have already taken on all the aspects

of
another Larry Parr, including "grouping" your perceived enemies, which can

only
mean that you *feel* outnumbered, ganged-up-on. Persecuted. This could

be
serious.

Did you mean grouping or groping?

StanB

Old July 26th 03, 05:14 PM
Briarroot

NoMoreChess wrote: (to Houlsby)

The answer is simple: step back and see yourself as the biased, feuding
nincompoop that you really are!

Good luck getting him to observe the obvious! ;-)
Old July 27th 03, 10:59 AM
NoMoreChess

..
I'm familiar with the Innes situation, in which he threatened legal
action against several posters, and made threats of violence against
myself and Mike Nolan. What about Rolf?

Rolf Tuechen, as far as I can determine, suddenly lost his internet access as
a result (I think) of Bob Hyatt's campaign to silence one of his many critics.
The point is that BH undertook this action for purely personal reasons, which
seems to parallel the current situation with Mr. Houlsby.

The keywords, "abuse" and "offtopic," suddenly sprang up just before BH's
final push -- and no other "abusers" or "off topic posters" were targetted,
though they were in plentiful enough supply.

Rolf came back briefly under another name, but his "German accent," his
narrow focus, and his unmistakable chip-on-the-shoulder easily gave him away.

Of course, Rolf never threatened anybody with physical violence. On the
contrary, he apparently felt threatened by Bob Hyatt, but for no good reason,
IMO.
Mr. Hyatt was given to making sport of criminals and their "due punishment,"
and Rolf was rather touchy, to say the least, when it came to the mention of
violence.

I imagine you may already by now have determined that many people here did
not like Rolf. He dared to criticize popular personalities, and their
countless cronies responded as they always do: by throwing rocks at the
unwelcome critic.

Old July 27th 03, 02:58 PM
Mark Houlsby

illspam (NoMoreChess) wrote in message ...
.
I'm familiar with the Innes situation, in which he threatened legal
action against several posters, and made threats of violence against
myself and Mike Nolan. What about Rolf?

Rolf Tuechen, as far as I can determine, suddenly lost his internet access as
a result (I think) of Bob Hyatt's campaign to silence one of his many critics.
The point is that BH undertook this action for purely personal reasons, which
seems to parallel the current situation with Mr. Houlsby.

Huh? I thought that that dispute centred around Mr. Teuschen's
position with respect to Dr. Hyatt's own site and NG...

The keywords, "abuse" and "offtopic," suddenly sprang up just before BH's
final push -- and no other "abusers" or "off topic posters" were targetted,
though they were in plentiful enough supply.

Well DUH!

The reason I'm "targetting" Hanke et al is that they attacked *me*
FIRST - without *any* reason other than my supporting Mr. Bourbaki.
Hanke has even erected two webpages intending to lampoon Bourbaki and
me.
Having *started* the flame war, at every stage it has been Hanke and
his adherents who have escalated it. Your starting this troll thread
is just the
latest example of this...

snip

I imagine you may already by now have determined that many people here did
not like Rolf. He dared to criticize popular personalities, and their
countless cronies responded as they always do: by throwing rocks at the
unwelcome critic.

Yup.
Old July 29th 03, 09:57 PM
Briarroot

Mhoulsby (The Particularly Obtuse Twit) wrote:

Remember, I said: "...nobody who matters..."

Which includes you and your asshole-buddy, Nick.
You are the guys most often responding to my posts.
That you read and respond is evidence that you care
what I think, whereas if you ignored me that might
be construed as evidence that you did *not* care.

I sort of feel flattered. Now pardon my while I puke!