Elvis Presley Lobby Cards from SamSloan

Old July 31st 03, 03:24 PM
LeModernCaveman

Default Elvis Presley Lobby Cards from SamSloan

Elvis Presley Lobby Cards from SamSloan

I have just put up for sale by auction on eBay a bunch of lobby cards,
especially Lobby Cards featuring Elvis Presley. Each of these cards is
8x10. People have been asking where I got these. You can see them at
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...rid=samsloa n

Want any Elvis stamps to go with it?

Old July 31st 03, 03:56 PM
Tim Hanke

"Sam Sloan" wrote ...

In 1980, when I went to Pakistan and got married to
Honzagool and brought my new wife and her nefarious cousin Aziz to
America, I called him frantically from JFK Airport saying that I
desperately needed a place for us to stay. I somehow felt that my
regular wife Anda would not appreciate this.

You are clearly the master of subtlety for figuring this out.

Tim Hanke

Old July 31st 03, 08:06 PM
Randy Bauer

"Tim Hanke" wrote in message ...
"Sam Sloan" wrote ...

In 1980, when I went to Pakistan and got married to
Honzagool and brought my new wife and her nefarious cousin Aziz to
America, I called him frantically from JFK Airport saying that I
desperately needed a place for us to stay. I somehow felt that my
regular wife Anda would not appreciate this.

You are clearly the master of subtlety for figuring this out.

Tim Hanke

Making a mental note to re-post this the next time some moron suggests
that Sloan is the kind of thoughtful, responsible person this
organization needs on its Executive Board.

Randy Bauer
Old July 31st 03, 08:55 PM
Tim Hanke

Default Sam Sloan, Honzagool, and the nefarious Aziz

"Sam Sloan" wrote ...

In 1980, when I went to Pakistan and got married to
Honzagool and brought my new wife and her nefarious cousin Aziz to
America, I called him frantically from JFK Airport saying that I
desperately needed a place for us to stay. I somehow felt that my
regular wife Anda would not appreciate this.

What I want to know is, whatever happened to Honzagool's "nefarious cousin
Aziz"?

Was he on United Airlines Flight 175 from Boston?

Did he return to Pakistan, and murder Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel
Pearl?

Is he hiding out with Saddam Hussein in a dirt cellar in Iraq?

Is he conspiring with Colonel Mustard in the library?

Tim Hanke

Old August 1st 03, 12:40 AM

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 14:55:59 -0400, "Tim Hanke"
wrote:

"Sam Sloan" wrote ...

In 1980, when I went to Pakistan and got married to
Honzagool and brought my new wife and her nefarious cousin Aziz to
America, I called him frantically from JFK Airport saying that I
desperately needed a place for us to stay. I somehow felt that my
regular wife Anda would not appreciate this.

What I want to know is, whatever happened to Honzagool's "nefarious cousin
Aziz"?

Aziz-ur-Rehman was arrested by me actually in June, 1982 and turned
over to the Immigration and Naturalization Service, who deported him
to Pakistan on July 21, 1982. He arrived in Chitral Pakistan on July
28, 1982 and on the same day participated in a religious riot in which
six people were killed and a major hotel burned down. He has ever
since participated with radical religious elements affiliated with the
Taliban. He also runs a school or Madrassa in Drosh.

Was he on United Airlines Flight 175 from Boston?

No.

Did he return to Pakistan, and murder Wall Street Journal reporter Daniel
Pearl?

He holds political affiliations with the people who did that.

Is he hiding out with Saddam Hussein in a dirt cellar in Iraq?

Unlikely.

Is he conspiring with Colonel Mustard in the library?

Tim Hanke

You asked this question as a joke but my answers are serious.

Haji Ismail Sloan
Old August 1st 03, 01:12 AM
sandirhodes

Tim, it is my opinion that you need an alias. Use it for posts like these
(even if *we* all know who it is). You have a big responsibility now to be
professional. Yes, we know it's just a joke, and the humor is not lost (on
me, anyway). Use your name for the important stuff.

Just a suggestion, of course. You may do as you see fit.

sandirhodes

Old August 1st 03, 01:32 AM
Tim Hanke

"sandirhodes" wrote ...
Tim, it is my opinion that you need an alias. Use it for posts like these
(even if *we* all know who it is). You have a big responsibility now to

be
professional. Yes, we know it's just a joke, and the humor is not lost

(on
me, anyway). Use your name for the important stuff.

Sandi,

Hmm, maybe. But to be honest, I have always been suspicious of people who
act "professional." Personally I do not warm to people like that. This is a
big reason why I have never gone in for a corporate career: I didn't want to
put on an act, or be around other people who were putting on an act.

Give me someone who is unprofessional but sincere, who says what he thinks
and doesn't lie while smiling in your face, who may be unpolished but
doesn't leave you wondering what he is hiding behind a smooth and polished
exterior.

I realize the so-called "professional" people get handed all the authority
in this world, but I don't like them and I don't want to be like them. I
prefer to go my own way, and to support the right of other people to go
their own way. That's why, when I was running the press room at the 1999
FIDE World Championship in Las Vegas, and several people asked me to throw
out Sam Sloan, I refused to do it. Sam doesn't give me credit for this, but
that's OK, I try to do the right thing whether people give me credit or not.

Tim Hanke

Old August 1st 03, 02:36 AM
Paul Rubin

"Tim Hanke" writes:
Hmm, maybe. But to be honest, I have always been suspicious of people who
act "professional." Personally I do not warm to people like that. This is a
big reason why I have never gone in for a corporate career: I didn't want to
put on an act, or be around other people who were putting on an act.

I remember a programmer friend of mine going to fix a software problem
at the office of a customer of the company she worked for. Apparently
the problem had been going on for a while and the customer previously
hadn't been having much luck with my friend's company's grey-suit
management. When my friend showed up, the customer looked at how she
was dressed (blue jeans etc.) and said "Finally, someone wearing
sneakers! Now we'll start actually getting some ANSWERS!!". Two or
three bags of Fritos later, the problem was solved and the customer
was happy.
Old August 1st 03, 05:00 AM
Doctor SBD

Hmm, maybe. But to be honest, I have always been suspicious of people who
act "professional." Personally I do not warm to people like that. This is a
big reason why I have never gone in for a corporate career: I didn't want to
put on an act, or be around other people who were putting on an act.

Give me someone who is unprofessional but sincere, who says what he thinks
and doesn't lie while smiling in your face, who may be unpolished but
doesn't leave you wondering what he is hiding behind a smooth and polished
exterior.

You know, I like Tim better every day, and this post, which matches how I would
like to feel I act as well, makes me like him even more.

SBD