Kasparov WIMPS OUT against CENTER COUNTER?

Old July 31st 03, 11:23 PM
LeModernCaveman

Default Kasparov WIMPS OUT against CENTER COUNTER?

Say it ain't so, Gary!

Here's what a CHAMPION does:

1. He doesn't whine.

2. He doesn't yank out the rulebook.

3. He plays the hand he's dealt.

4. He takes on all comers.

5. If he loses, not likely I know, but if he does, then life goes on.

What a wuss!

Old July 31st 03, 11:42 PM
ASCACHESS

Say it ain't so, Gary!

Here's what a CHAMPION does:

1. He doesn't whine.

2. He doesn't yank out the rulebook.

3. He plays the hand he's dealt.

4. He takes on all comers.

5. If he loses, not likely I know, but if he does, then life goes on.

What a wuss!

Feel better now?
You have trolled once more.
Is that enough or would you like to slash a great champion one more time from
your hole of anominity?

Sheesh
Richard Peterson

Old August 2nd 03, 03:44 PM
LeModernCaveman

Say it ain't so, Gary!

Here's what a CHAMPION does:

1. He doesn't whine.

2. He doesn't yank out the rulebook.

3. He plays the hand he's dealt.

4. He takes on all comers.

5. If he loses, not likely I know, but if he does, then life goes on.

What a wuss!

A trolling schmuck like you would have no idea what makes for a real
champion...

A "real" person with the talent to chess champion doesn't play chess. He has
better things to do with his life.

Kasparov is merely the best of the degenerates who devote their life to the
game, as was Fischer in his day.

Thanks for trying, though... really. It's like watching a bumbling clown at
the circus. It's so cute when you do that cartwheel thing then land on your
hiney...

Okay, it's actually kind of pathetic, but we'll get what we can out of it...
:-) Enjoy.

I will play a two-game match against Kasparov if he thinks he can beat me.

You don't see me ducking him!

Old August 3rd 03, 04:19 AM
Chris Merli

"LeModernCaveman" wrote in message
Say it ain't so, Gary!

Here's what a CHAMPION does:

1. He doesn't whine.

2. He doesn't yank out the rulebook.

3. He plays the hand he's dealt.

4. He takes on all comers.

5. If he loses, not likely I know, but if he does, then life goes on.

What a wuss!

Just to see if I have reconstructed the facts here. Kasparov played a
simul, expected a certain level of opposition and wanted the player ratings
where he could see them. One of the players who was above the rating range
(2000 - 2200) but did not have a standard designating his rating played the
Center Counter. Once Kasparov discovered the situation he refused to
continue the game but offered to start a new one now that he knew the
player's raing? Is that it?

Old August 4th 03, 02:42 AM
Kevin L. Bachler

In article tb%[email protected], "Chris says...

"LeModernCaveman" wrote in message
Say it ain't so, Gary!

Here's what a CHAMPION does:

1. He doesn't whine.

2. He doesn't yank out the rulebook.

3. He plays the hand he's dealt.

4. He takes on all comers.

5. If he loses, not likely I know, but if he does, then life goes on.

What a wuss!

Just to see if I have reconstructed the facts here. Kasparov played a
simul, expected a certain level of opposition and wanted the player ratings
where he could see them. One of the players who was above the rating range
(2000 - 2200) but did not have a standard designating his rating played the
Center Counter. Once Kasparov discovered the situation he refused to
continue the game but offered to start a new one now that he knew the
player's raing? Is that it?

In a nutshell, Chris, yes. Also keep in mind that the event was not a chess
event. It was a promotional event primarily for traders, and was designed to be
done within a specific time frame.

Kevin L. Bachler

Old August 4th 03, 03:21 PM
LeModernCaveman

1. He doesn't whine.

2. He doesn't yank out the rulebook.

3. He plays the hand he's dealt.

4. He takes on all comers.

5. If he loses, not likely I know, but if he does, then life goes on.

What a wuss!

Just to see if I have reconstructed the facts here. Kasparov played a
simul, expected a certain level of opposition and wanted the player ratings
where he could see them. One of the players who was above the rating range
(2000 - 2200) but did not have a standard designating his rating played the
Center Counter. Once Kasparov discovered the situation he refused to
continue the game but offered to start a new one now that he knew the
player's raing? Is that it?

Supposedly, and that still makes him WIMP for doing it.

If ratings were that important to him, he should have asked himself. Once the
game was underway, it was underway.

The player should have said to him, "Well, I understand if you need to rely on
technicalities, but you're right, I should quit," and then walked away.

Old August 4th 03, 03:22 PM
LeModernCaveman

Just to see if I have reconstructed the facts here. Kasparov played a
simul, expected a certain level of opposition and wanted the player ratings
where he could see them. One of the players who was above the rating range
(2000 - 2200) but did not have a standard designating his rating played the
Center Counter. Once Kasparov discovered the situation he refused to
continue the game but offered to start a new one now that he knew the
player's raing? Is that it?

In a nutshell, Chris, yes. Also keep in mind that the event was not a chess
event. It was a promotional event primarily for traders, and was designed to
be
done within a specific time frame.

Yet the game had *already started*

Old August 4th 03, 08:10 PM
Joshua B. Lilly

"was designed to be done within a specific time frame."

There`s the whole situation explained right there. No big deal, no end of
the world, no Armageddon, no nuclear mushroom clouds forming over all the
capitals of the big countries of the world, just that. Nothing more,
nothing less, end of story. Big bang bam done, over, the simul goes on.

Next thing you know, Kasparov will knock over a glass of water while doing a
simul and "Le Modern Caveman" will hear about it and try to hire a
professional assassin to take out the former World Champion.

Old August 5th 03, 04:03 AM
Vince Hart

"Joshua B. Lilly" wrote in message news:[email protected]
"was designed to be done within a specific time frame."

There`s the whole situation explained right there.

Two questions:

(1) Was there a specific time limit on the event? That has been
suggested as a possible explanation but I did not hear anything about
it at the time.

(2) Why would the inclusion of a single expert in a simul extend
Garry Kasparov for two to three hours?