Interservice Championships (or Wish Me Luck!)

Old August 2nd 03, 03:37 AM
Matt Nemmers

Default Interservice Championships (or Wish Me Luck!)

36 hours from now I'll be engrossed in my first round game at the
Interservice Championships at Camp Lejeune, NC. (The individual players who
place in the top six will represent the United States in the NATO Chess
Championships held in Coppenhagen, Denmark next month.)

As the lowest rated member of the six-man Navy team, I'm gonna need a TON of
luck playing against the tough opposition in the other services. I have no
delusions about my chances of making the U.S. Military Team, but I consider
it an honor to be able to take a shot at it while representing the Navy.
Wish me luck!

Regards,

Matt

PS. Anybody on RGC* gonna be in attendance at this tournament? If so,
first round's on me.

Old August 2nd 03, 04:40 AM
RSHaas

"36 hours from now I'll be engrossed in my first round game at the Interservice
Championships at Camp Lejeune, NC." (Matt)
===============
Hey, that's my old base.. Swamp Lagoon, home of the Second Marine Division,
second to none. (RSHaas)
Old August 2nd 03, 05:57 AM
Tim Hanke

Matt,

Good luck! :-)

Tim Hanke

news:[email protected]

Old August 2nd 03, 05:58 AM
StanB

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

36 hours from now I'll be engrossed in my first round game at the
Interservice Championships at Camp Lejeune, NC. (The individual players

who
place in the top six will represent the United States in the NATO Chess
Championships held in Coppenhagen, Denmark next month.)

As the lowest rated member of the six-man Navy team, I'm gonna need a TON

of
luck playing against the tough opposition in the other services. I have

no
delusions about my chances of making the U.S. Military Team, but I

consider
it an honor to be able to take a shot at it while representing the Navy.
Wish me luck!

Give 'em hell squid.

StanB

Old August 2nd 03, 01:40 PM
Doctor SBD

Good luck Matt! Even if you don't qualify, make a goal of stealing some rating
points and continuing - maybe in a few years.....

SBD