Mad As Hell

Old August 9th 03, 08:00 AM
Altes Weisel

Default Mad As Hell

In case you couldn't tell

Old August 9th 03, 10:02 AM
Fifiela

Hard to see how the USCF will survive these numbers.
Old August 9th 03, 03:04 PM
GrantPerks

Hard to see how the USCF will survive these numbers.

1) Cut Staff
2) Raise Scholastic Rating Fees

Old August 10th 03, 02:32 AM
Altes Weisel

"James B. Shearer" wrote in message
om...
The EB could try requiring that the ED and Chess Life Editor
actually spend some time (like 40 hours a week) in the office. I
think that might help.

James B. Shearer

Given Niro's track record, that means we would have lost $720,000 instead
$360,000.

Old August 11th 03, 10:47 PM
John Fernandez

The service as a whole is being sold at a loss. As to the subset of
adults, the relevant question isn't whether the rating service is
being sold at a loss, but whether or not the adult OTB market will
bear an increase in ratings fees, a service over which the USCF
controls the US OTB market. I think it will. Thus, raise the ALL.

KidDon

No, you uncomplicate the pricing system.

That being said, if you want to move all rating fees to 20 cents a game or
something for electronic submissions- bear in mind that that will double the
rating fees for most scholastic events, which tend to be quite big.

I don't see why we need to continue either the discount for scholastic and the
free crosstable for scholastic. Also, paper submissions are horribly
underpriced.

John Fernandez
Old August 12th 03, 03:25 AM
StanB

"GrantPerks" wrote in message

Hard to see how the USCF will survive these numbers.

1) Cut Staff

The grapevine said that staff expected at least five people would have to go
after the meeting. They would be the ones to know what it'll take.

2) Raise Scholastic Rating Fees

Raise all fees. It is ridiculously expensive to do the ratings and
ridiculously cheap to buy.

StanB