Mike Leahy is a LIAR and a THIEF that Does NOT honor his so-called Money Back Promise

Old February 23rd 04, 04:30 AM
Mike Leahy

Default Mike Leahy is a funny guy today

Thanks, Angelo.

Unfortunately these poor souls never purchased anything. I'd love to send
them
their money back. I suppose in a usenet of a million people we're going to
get
one or two people without a life.

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

"Angelo DePalma" wrote in message

Mike,

These guys hate the idea that someone can make money from chess, or make
money at all. That's the way people who live in cardboard boxes feel. Send
him his money back (hee hee) and a couple of hemorrhoid suppositories.

Best regards,

Angelo

"Mike Leahy" wrote in message
.com...

"newsgroup_mail" wrote in message
news:r13_b.588729$X%[email protected]
Yesterday I met with a local tournament player in our club who advised

me
that he shelled out some money for Leahy's Bookup Express after having
recieved numerous emails aggressively encouraging him to upgrade from

his
Bookup-Lite. He said he decided to give it a try mostly to stop the

emails
from coming but found that he began getting even MORE emails after

that
(I
guess he was put on Leahy's sucker list) as Leahy began trying to

peddle
his
other crap. The tournament player said he was not at all impressed

with
the
software and sent it back to Leahy postage prepaid and did not

receive
one
dime back.

So a chess player _downloaded_ software and sent it back postage

prepaid.
From Canada. Hmmmm...

And he bought it "mostly to stop the emails"

I'll bet your club members rode the short school buses.

Sorry!!! Couldn't resist!!!

Mike Leahy
"The Database Man!"
www.bookup.com

Old February 23rd 04, 10:42 AM
newsgroup_mail

Default Mike Leahy is a LIAR and a THIEF that Does NOT honor his so-called Money Back Promise

Two days ago, I met with a local tournament player in our club who advised
me
that he shelled out some money for Leahy's Bookup Express after having
recieved numerous emails aggressively encouraging him to upgrade from his
Bookup-Lite. He said he decided to give it a try mostly to stop the emails
from coming but found that he began getting even MORE emails after that (I
guess he was put on Leahy's sucker list) as Leahy began trying to peddle his
other crap. The tournament player said he was not at all impressed with the
software and sent it back to Leahy postage prepaid and did not receive one
dime back. It has been over 4 months. I am not going to mention this
person's name as I do not want him to be the subject of Leahy's (and the
numerous other phoney IDs that he uses in the newsgroup) attacks.

Old February 23rd 04, 10:53 AM
newsgroup_mail

Absolutely not true. I have no problem with legitimate businesses....such
as Chessbase, Mattel, Chess Assistant, etc for example, that sell quality
products and honor their policies. Regardless of what you imbeciles (most of
you are just new IDs for the con-man Leahy) say to try to dilute things, the
facts remain.

1. Mike Leahy spams the hell out of you if you are foolish enough to give
him your email address, and he will sell that email address to third parties
and they will spam the hell out of you. This is what he did to me and
numerous others.

2. He did not honor his "money-back-guarantee" when an individual bought his
software and later returned it, thereby committing theft as well.

3. Bookup is garbage! Leahy is an out of work programmer that knows very
little about chess. The interface is crap, the functionality is crap, and it
doesn't do a single thing that Chessbase can't do. What Leahy lacks in
programming skill and chess knowledge, he definitely makes up for with his
very aggressive marketing practices

These are the facts, plain and simple. If you want to be a fool, and a
moron....go ahead and throw your money away. If you want to be smart, stick
to reputable software manufacturers that back up their policies.

Old February 23rd 04, 10:55 AM
newsgroup_mail

No Leahy, you've ripped off many peopled so far. We have heard from three
others already in the newsgroups alone. The facts do not change just because
you keep telling lies in the newsgroups.

Old February 23rd 04, 01:39 PM

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 00:03:08 GMT, "newsgroup_mail"
wrote:

Yesterday I met with a local tournament player in our club who advised me
that he shelled out some money for Leahy's Bookup Express after having
recieved numerous emails aggressively encouraging him to upgrade from his
Bookup-Lite. He said he decided to give it a try mostly to stop the emails
from coming but found that he began getting even MORE emails after that (I
guess he was put on Leahy's sucker list) as Leahy began trying to peddle his
other crap. The tournament player said he was not at all impressed with the
software and sent it back to Leahy postage prepaid and did not receive one
dime back. It has been over 4 months. I am not going to mention this
person's name as I do not want him to be the subject of Leahy's (and the
numerous other phoney IDs that he uses in the newsgroup) attacks.

Mike Leahy is a well liked and well respected chess personality. A lot
of people like Bookup because it does what the name implies, by
helping players learn and memorize the openings they are playing.

I am interesting in your claim that Mike Leahy posts under false IDs
to this newsgroup. We have a lot of people on this newsgroup using
false IDs. Which false IDs to you claim that Mike Leahy is using?

Do you claim that I am a false ID for Mike Leahy?

Old February 23rd 04, 01:43 PM
RSHaas

" Leahy is an out of work programmer ..." (a poster)
================
Hop a freighter to Bombay. Hey, $1.21 an hour ain't bad pay these days and
you can get a night telemarketing job for 60 cents an hour to make ends meet.
In a few years one could afford the payments on a good "73 used elephant.

RSHaas
Old February 23rd 04, 01:54 PM
GrantPerks

Do you claim that I am a false ID for Mike Leahy?

Sam Sloan

Sam,

I have known Mike longer than about anyone in this newsgroup. You are definetly
not a false personna for Mike.

Grant
Old February 23rd 04, 01:55 PM
newsgroup_mail

wrote:

[...]

I used to have some respect for what you had to say Sloan, but most of that
is gone now after this nonsense you are spewing. Answer me this.....why
would I, or the other people complaining about Leahy make this up? That
wouldn't make any sense. Do you see anyone saying things against other chess
software companies? Regardless of whether or not you are friends with Leahy
and like or don't like to see him trashed by SEVERAL people in the
newsgroups......facts are facts:

Old February 23rd 04, 01:56 PM
newsgroup_mail

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

ps, I like elephants!

Old February 23rd 04, 02:53 PM
Angelo DePalma

The best way to fight assholes like this guy is not to respond to them.

news:BYk_b.596770$X%[email protected]