Mike Leahy is a LIAR and a THIEF that Does NOT honor his so-called Money Back Promise

Old March 21st 04, 07:15 AM
Bruce Leverett

Default Trollboy's AnnoFritzated Games, Part I

"Newsmail" wrote in message news:[email protected]
"Bruce Leverett" wrote in message
om...
"Newsmail" wrote in message

news:[email protected]
"Bruce Leverett" wrote in message
om...
This thread seems to be heading for a challenge to an actual game,
either via an on-line server, or via e-mail. That would be a relief
compared to all the verbal breast-beating by all parties.

I would love to play some of these guys in a rated match over the board.

The
problem with playing online or via email is that cheating would occur.

I would recommend that you try it out. I have played a few e-mail
games with other people in this newsgroup in the last 14 years. Some
of them were interesting. The games were unrated, but if you're into
it, that doesn't matter.

Try it out? ROFL I play regularily on Playchess and occasionally on ICC and
WCN for my real-time chess, and I have had in excess of 200 games going
simultaneously in email chess, so I don't need to try anything out. This is
fun chess and I wouldn't give it up for the world. But if you are talking
about a more serious form of the game where money and or rating points are
on the linel, then you must be face to face to prevent cheating.

I hear you, that's why I suggested "no stakes", and of course no
rating. Just bragging rights. So why not?

It seems like this is one big insult contest. But all you guys are
really bad at insults, but you're really pretty decent at chess. So
it's such a farce.

Fernandez is a weak chess player, but he is a fat fruitcake computer geek
that probably sports a high power multi-processor setup with a strong chess
engine. There will be no thrill and nothing proven for me to play against
his silicon friend via ICC

I don't generally challenge people on this newsgroup, but if Repa

Don't you ever take liberties with me by addressing me by my sir name,
unless you want to end up on my ****list as well. I'll tell you, these
mouthy geeks think that they can tell people off and get away with it,

but I
suspect that I will eventually run into a few of them in person at
tournaments, etc.

I was surprised to read this. This is not a real starched-collar
newsgroup. I am not surprised when people address me by my surname,
my given name, or even weird nicknames that they make up. But
whatever you wish.

really wants a game, and doesn't mind a 300+ rating difference, and
nobody else steps up, I'm available. Only by e-mail (I don't have
time for an on-line game).

There are plenty of email chess servers around for you to play that form

of
the game. The problem is that most players not only consult massive
databases, but they run their engine round the clock to prepare their

moves.
I want mano et mano, over the board, human brain vs human brain

competition.

Jason Repa

Well, it's not going to be easy to arrange for over the board, as you
can guess. That's why a lot of people choose postal and e-mail.

In the 1980's, I played in an international postal tournament, with
guys from the Soviet Union, Scotland, East and West Germany, Hungary,
Sweden, etc. I never could have played in anything like that over the
board. As for cheating, I don't think anyone ever even considered it.

Well, you are talking about the 80's, where computer chess analysis and
databases were not very impressive. The situation has changed dramatically.
I actually met a guy in person after playing him several email chess games
on RedHotPawn for some blitz games. He turned out to be a "b" class player
and I won something like 19 out of the 20 blitz games we played. Of course
he blamed his poor showing on his stated "innability to play blitz", but you
could tell that this was not the same chess player I was against online.
According to ICCA rules you are allowed to consult opening books and game
databases for your email/correspondance games, but are not allowed to
consult a "chess playing program". As far as I know, a Nalimov 5 piece
tablebase could be considered just another database and permitted for
reference also. Even though the rules prevent consulting your Fritz, etc,
the vast majority of correspondance / email chess players do.....at least on
an intermitant basis.

Some of them are rated below you, but not
too far below, like Nemmers, so he could probably give you an
interesting game.

Just when I was starting to think you were civilized.........

Rating History for
MATTHEW ROBERT NEMMERS
USCF ID 12763067 Expires 05-04 State ILLINOIS

Source Regular
Rating Quick
Rating

10-02 Supplement 1235 1252/13
08-02 Supplement 1119
06-02 Supplement 1126
04-02 Supplement 1031
12-01 Annual List 1029
10-01 Supplement 1048
06-01 Supplement 1046
12-00 Annual List 904
10-00 Supplement 854
08-00 Supplement 810/19
06-00 Supplement 798/13
02-00 Supplement 1010/09
12-99 Annual List 804/04
10-99 Supplement 804/04

Now, I really don't get it. You are posting this ancient history.
Anyone who is reading this knows how to get the up to date history.
We're talking about a guy who is now 1650+. It doesn't look like
you're being entirely serious. Well heaven forbid that anyone on this
newsgroup would be pulling my chain or anything.

Well, gotta go now and get back to using my gigantic Linux cluster to
run chess engines to whup on 1500 players.

Bruce
Old March 21st 04, 07:24 AM
newsnewsnews

Default I propose that John Fernandez is obtaining and unfair advantage during his tournament games by engaging in the consumption of energy-providing jam busters, doughnuts, and other pastries!

"NoMoreChess" wrote in message
.
The following list is, as usual for Nick, quite biased in one direction:

Kevin Bachler is rated 2216 USCF (peak rating 2306 USCF).
Randy Bauer is rated 2304 USCF.
Bill Brock is rated 2029 USCF (peak rating 2144 USCF).
John Fernandez is rated 2132 USCF.
Greg Kennedy is rated 2291 USCF (peak rating 2342 USCF).
Bruce Leverett is rated 2319 USCF (peak rating 2423 USCF).

Note that Nick-the-liar only listed players who are higher-rated than
Trollboy Repa, when there must be plenty of others here.
In fact, the Trollboy is better than at least 90% of all chessplayers,

taken
at random. To be fair, he should not be misrepresented as the lowest

rated
poster here, although Nick may actually believe the stories about how

Trollboy
Repa is vastly underrated, and so forth.
So far, it looks like Bill Brock (2029 USCF) is the logical choice for
Trollboy to play, though Fernandez seems to want a piece of him.

And I want a piece of either one of them. But over the board and without
long trips to the washroom where the fat, feminine-looking tech-freak
Fernandez can consult his pocket fritz and engage in the illegal consumption
of energy providing jam-busters and other pastries.

Jason Repa

NoMoreChess (rating unknown, but recent estimates place him at about

1200
CFC, or 1400 USCF. Therefore, no real challenge for a player of

Trollboy's
proven ability.)

Told ya!

Matt Nemmers (rated slightly below NoMoreChess, but steadily improving

while
NoMo has been losing ground of late.)

Below these lie a vast number of ordinary, unrated players, who likely

stand
no chance against the tournament veterans listed above.
I dropped a few to push Trollboy Repa closer to the middle of the pack,

and
my numbers above were primarily lifted from Nick's post, his tireless

research
deserving of credit.

Old March 21st 04, 07:27 AM
newsnewsnews

Default Trollboy's latest ratings "estimates"

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s51...
"NoMoreChess" wrote in message
.
I would not be surprised if next the Trollboy begins
to wonder whether Matt Nemmers and I are one and the
same poster, because we have similar ratings....

Of course you're right, NoMoreChess.

We are nearly always right, aren't we, NoMo -- er, I mean Matt?

That is almost certainly why Nick/Goran/Bruce hate us so much. Just

because
they are higher-rated at chess, does not mean they know diddly squat

about
other matters. And Trollboy is naturally jealous, because he is just

one
poster here.

-- NemMerChess

Your observations are, as usual, spot on. (And quite obvious, too, if I

may
say so ourselves.)

Regards,

NemMerChess

Why don't you two ASS-LICKING fruits just get a room somewhere. This is a
chess discussion group, not a game personals.

Jason Repa

Old March 21st 04, 07:36 AM
newsnewsnews

"NoMoreChess" wrote in message
.
He wants to
play me on the ICC where he can cheat with a second computer.

Clearly an "expert" on computer cheating,

When, where, how is it that you feel I claimed to be an "expert" on computer
cheating? I made a simple statement indicating that there is a strong
possibility that the fat tech-freak Fernandez would cheat in an online
encounter. End of story. If that qualifies me as an "expert"........

the Trollboy demonstrates a
detailed knowledge of ICC's ability to detect using the *same* computer to
cheat, and so phrases his comment accordingly.

Again you prove to all how patently stupid you are by trying to fool people
with your cheap lies. I never said anything of the kind. It was the poster
by the name of "bruno de baenst". Here is his post:

"

"bruno de baenst" wrote in message

I saw a lot of people on wcn being banned because of cheating.
But if you use 2 computers to cheat, it must be almost impossible for the
admins to know if you cheat on any site. The only way they can know is that
you always play same moves as computer program (and use more or less same
time between 2 moves). But as of course nobody has the time to look at all
games, there must be a suspicion of cheating first. And before some
suspicion is risen I think some weeks will have past.

Not only Icc but also Wcn and more than likely Playchess too have the
ability to block indivuals computers from logging in. They don't use windows
serial number for that but they use ip(internet protocol)-adresses. But
people who know something about computers won't have much problems with this
cause it isn't that hard to change your ip-adress when you are not on
dial-up.

"

etc

Old March 21st 04, 09:49 AM
newsnewsnews

For whatever it's worth, when I was a child, I once was given an IQ test
and my score was still far 'above 80'.

--Nick

83 is not that far above 80 moron

Jason Repa

Old March 21st 04, 09:50 AM
newsnewsnews

Default Matt Nemmers is a cowardly troll that starts flame wars then runs away with his tail between his legs!

"Matt Nemmers" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s52...
"Nick" wrote in message
m...
"Newsmail" (Jason Repa) wrote:
Nick wrote:

Jason Repa wrote:

SNIP

Please stop feeding the troll, Nick.

Regards,

Matt

Is Nick feeding you Matt?

Jason Repa

Old March 21st 04, 10:11 AM
newsnewsnews

Default Nick Bourbaki makes an ass out of himself yet again!

My money is on Bachler and Fernandez, notwithstanding the alleged

"penalty"
for defeating Trollboy OTB: getting beat-up. This is also the "penalty"

for
a draw or a loss. Trollboy beats-up everyone he comes in contact with

Even the women (speaking hypothetically)? :-)

Nah, your ugly whore mother gets enough beatings from her pimp and her johns
Bourbaki.

Jason Repa

Old March 21st 04, 10:25 AM
newsnewsnews

Default http://www.members.shaw.ca/fat_feminine_fernandez/

"Newsmail" wrote in message

[...]

Have you seen a picture of the fat, feminine-looking, blueberry jambuster
eating, tech-freak named John Fernandez?

Old March 21st 04, 10:27 AM
newsnewsnews

Default You're a complete idiot in every way "NoMoreChess"

"NoMoreChess" wrote in message
.
Fernandez, notwithstanding the alleged "penalty"
for defeating Trollboy OTB: getting beat-up. This is also the "penalty"

for

a draw or a loss. Trollboy beats-up everyone he comes in contact with

Even the women (speaking hypothetically)? :-)

Speaking hypothetically of course, were the Trollboy to come in contact

with
a woman, he would be so unnerved that he would surely forget to ask her

where
she lived

Now this is a clear cut case of projection. The idiot makes it so obvious
that he is talking about himself.

Old March 21st 04, 10:27 AM
newsnewsnews

Default Paul Buswell is just another whining crybaby coward!

Mr Bourbaki: I think I must demur. I don't think Jason Repa is stupid;

but I
do think his attitude towards other people, as judged by his postings

here, is
so dysfunctional and irrationally hostile that by our conventional

standards he
is not sane. That is not the same as being stupid. (For what it's worth, I
accept that definitions of sanity will vary from society to society; Jason
Repa's behaviour may be acceptable elsewhere).

Paul Buswell

I am quite confident and aware of my intelligence and my sanity. Niether is
subject to the scrutiny of a bunch of thin-skinned, cowardly newsgroup
weasels that whine and bicker when they don't get their way. Buswell, you
are just another jackass coward with no brains, no talent, and nothing of
value to say that has any relevance to the topic.

Jason Repa