My chess playing canary in the coal mine!

Old October 1st 17, 11:41 PM posted to rec.games.chess.politics
samsloan

Default My chess playing canary in the coal mine!

I have an old friend who calls me every two or three days to tell me how the latest thing Trump did is great. Trump did this thing which is great, Trump did that other thing that is great and Trump did still another thing which is great. I always nod in agreement. I must admit that he was the only one of my friends who predicted that Trump would win the election. Now he predicts that Trump will pick up five more seats in the Senate in the 2018 election. I figure if he ever calls me to tell me that something Trump has done is not so good, then that will mean the end of the Trump era! He is my canary in the coal mine.