Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Source for Alekhine's Illegitimate Child?? by samsloan
Several websites including Bill Wall's state that World Champion Alexander Alekhine fathered an illegitimate child in 1913 or 1914. Does anybody know of a source for this? It seems that Alekhine was married four times to much older, wealthy women, women who were perhaps too old to have children. Does anybody know anything about this or the name and fate of the illegitimate child?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
41 1,121
Surprising Call From Jim Killion Representing Susan Polgar by samsloan
I just received a surprising call at 11:53 AM from Jim Killion in Texas, who represents Susan Polgar. He asked me to agree to withdraw my counterclaim against Susan Polgar. When I refused to agree, he said that he would file a motion to dismiss my claim on the grounds that it fails to state a claim on which relief would be granted. He then asked me to come to Texas at my expense for a...
October 1st 08 05:09 AM
by The Historian[_2_] Go to last post
4 350
The Strange Death of President Harding by Gaston B. Means foreword bySam Sloan by samsloan
The Strange Death of President Harding by Gaston B. Means http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891390 Foreword The cover photo to this book is one of the last ever taken of President Harding and his wife, Florence, before their untimely deaths. It was taken in July, 1923 on board the U.S.S. Henderson
7 793
Great News!!! Time to celebrate!!!! by samsloan
Great News!!! Time to celebrate!!!!
September 30th 08 12:36 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 397
Sam Sloan Banned for One Year from Posting to the USCF Issues Forum by samsloan
I have just received the following notification that I have been banned for one year from posting to the USCF Issues Forum. This ban was voted months ago but was held up pending my suit against the USCF. My complaint in Sloan vs. Truong, Polgar and the USCF had specifically complained about my being repeatedly suspended from posting during the election period, even though I was both a member...
September 29th 08 12:18 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
8 335
Defendants seek dismissal of suit filed by chess champ Polgar by samsloan
Defendants seek dismissal of suit filed by chess champ Polgar By Marlena Hartz | Avalanche-Journal Sunday, September 28, 2008 Story last updated at 9/28/2008 - 2:19 am Checkmate? Not quite, but a chess suit filed in Lubbock is moving along. Defendants in a lawsuit filed by the founder of Texas Tech's chess
September 29th 08 04:09 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 417
Herbert Rodney Vaughn seems to be running for election by samsloan
How many have noticed that Tanstaafil a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaughn is writing like a politician now over on the USCF Issues Forum? It seems that he is planning to run for USCF Office, in the coming elections? Sam Sloan
September 28th 08 01:15 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
6 447
Schizophrenia In Skokie? by Brian Lafferty
This past Wednesday, 9/24/08, three Chicago Blaze players (Young, Pasalic and Tate) appear to have played both their games for the Blaze starting at 6:30pm and their 7th round game in the 15th North American FIDE Invitational starting at 6:30pm. Interesting. How did they manage it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 28th 08 04:10 AM
by billbrock Go to last post
28 836
USCF's Motion to Dismiss Susan Polgar's lawsuit by samsloan
Here is the USCF's motion to dismiss the lawsuit by Susan Polgar or for a more definite statement of her claims, filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Lubbock Division on September 26, 2008. http://rapidshare.com/files/148974956/uscf-motion-to-dismiss.pdf Sam Sloan
September 28th 08 02:24 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 429
Chessmen by Donald M. Liddell has been reprinted by samsloan
Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting on Chessmen by Donald M. Liddell http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891420 First published in 1937, Chessmen is a picture book of old and ancient chess pieces and recounts the history of chess through discoveries of chess pieces. Ishi Press was able to obtain the services of Frank Camaratta, the
September 28th 08 12:15 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 450
Appeal in Rankoth vs. Sloan by samsloan
SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK APPELLATE DIVISION: SECOND DEPARTMENT --------------------------------------------------------------------- X No. 2008-02071 DAYAWATHIE RANKOTH, Docket No. O-18182-05 Petitioner – Respondent, Queens County
September 27th 08 07:07 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
3 554
Source for Alekhine's Illegitimate Child?? by LiamToo[_2_]
On Sep 27, 11:23 am, wrote: On Sep 27, 12:14 pm, LiamToo wrote: On Sep 27, 10:49 am, wrote: The Sorbonne is in Paris, France. I know that there is Pantheon-Sorbonne in Paris, then there is the
1 309
Source for Alekhine's Illegitimate Child?? by [email protected]
On Sep 27, 12:14*pm, LiamToo wrote: On Sep 27, 10:49 am, wrote: *The Sorbonne is in Paris, France. I know that there is Pantheon-Sorbonne in Paris, then there is the HarvardSorbone. I thought there could have been a Sorbonne in Russia.
0 344
Motion to Dismiss Has Been Made Against Polgar by Brian Lafferty
It's available on PACER. Motion to dismiss for failure to state causes of action or in the alternative a motion for a more specific pleading.
September 27th 08 03:34 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 420
Motion for Reconsideration in Sloan vs. Truong, SDNY by samsloan
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK __________________________________________ Sam Sloan, Plaintiff, -against-
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 08 01:02 PM
by foad Go to last post
24 769
Masters of the Chessboard by Richard Reti has just been reprinted by samsloan
Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting of Masters of the Chessboard by Richard Reti. http://www.amazon.com/dp/092389148X Widely regarded as the best chess book ever written, “Masters of the Chessboard”, discusses the playing styles of each of the leading grandmasters of history up until that time. Richard Reti was one of the strongest and certainly was the most
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 08 01:06 AM
by help bot Go to last post
20 1,034
Strong game against Rybka. by Sanny
Here is a strong game played by Easy Level against Rybka. Rybka needed 21 moves for getting a Pawn extra. Then that pawn got promoted and Rybka win the game. This game was different from other games as for the first time Rybka had to play till End Game. Its Queen, Bishop, knights were traded and then with only the Rooks it played the end game.
September 26th 08 06:27 PM
by Sanny Go to last post
1 349
I AM DOMME HEAR ME ROAR.25 year old Woman BellaPura by [email protected]
25 year old Woman BellaPura in Saint Louis, Looking For: Men, Women, Couples for erotic email exchange, phone fantasies, performing only, watching only or active participation http://ragdai.info/BellaPura.htm
September 26th 08 05:24 PM
by Seamus Go to last post
1 495
Goichberg Non-Diversity Affidavit by samsloan
Case 1:07-cv-08537-DC Document 16 Filed 01/04/2008 PROSKAUER ROSE LLP Jeremy M. Brown, Esq. (JB-7652) One Newark Center Newark, New Jersey 07102-5211 Telephone: 973.274.3200 Facsimile: 973.274.3299 e-mail:
September 26th 08 07:26 AM
by Wlodzimierz Holsztynski (Wlod) Go to last post
9 444
Masters of the Chessboard by Richard Reti has just been reprinted by help bot
On Sep 25, 1:08*pm, samsloan wrote: * I am eagerly awaiting a Sloan-book on one of the very few players whose accomplishments will prove difficult -- even for a Sam Sloan -- to distort, exaggerate, invent or lie about. * For instance, even Mr. Sloan could hardly invent matches which were not played by Mr. Steinitz, or tournaments not won by Mr....
September 26th 08 05:01 AM
by help bot Go to last post
0 283
Post New Thread