Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Polgar's Complaint Downloadable by samsloan
Since few of you have had the opportunity to read it, here is the 18 page lawsuit that Susan Polgar filed against the USCF in the District Court of Lubbock, Texas. http://rapidshare.com/files/148493505/polgars-complaint.pdf Sam Sloan
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 4th 08 01:37 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
30 957
Rules for a World Championship Match by [email protected]
THIS CRAZY WORLD OF CHESS by GM Larry Evans (page 14) When Kasparov finally dethroned Karpov in 1986, he promptly struck a blow for chess justice by voluntarily renouncing the rematch clause. But he didnít strike the second blow. The format for future title matches returned to the best-of-24 games with draws counting. In 1987 he barely saved his title against Karpov on a 12-12 tie. Kasparov...
October 3rd 08 10:51 PM
by William Hyde Go to last post
4 290
Newly Revealed Affidavit by William Goichberg by samsloan
PROSKAUER ROSE LLP Jeremy M. Brown, Esq. (JB-7652) One Newark Center Newark, New Jersey 07102-5211 Telephone: 973.274.3200 Facsimile: 973.274.3299 e-mail: UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
October 3rd 08 09:10 PM
by none Go to last post
1 350
Polgar Files Motion to Dismiss Texas Counterclaim by samsloan
Susan Polgar has filed a motion to dismiss the counterclaim filed by Sam Sloan in the case of Polgar vs. USCF filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas Lubbock Division, 08- CV-00169 http://www.anusha.com/polgar-motion-to-dismiss.pdf http://www.anusha.com/polgar-notice-of-motion.pdf Note that she acknowledges the existence of "a questionable DVD related to...
October 2nd 08 04:51 AM
by Matt Nemmers Go to last post
6 374
Rare Historic Book on Chessology Available for Immediate Download by -
Identifies _Shogi_ as a game potentially deeper than Go ... The Science and Art of War or Struggle (Philosophically Treated) Chong Kie and I-GO by Choh Yoh ---------------------------------- Author: Cho-Yo Format: Hardcover (Illustrated), 242 pages Publication Date: May 2002 Publisher: Kegan Paul Intl
October 1st 08 07:21 PM
by - Go to last post
8 604
Source for Alekhine's Illegitimate Child?? by samsloan
Several websites including Bill Wall's state that World Champion Alexander Alekhine fathered an illegitimate child in 1913 or 1914. Does anybody know of a source for this? It seems that Alekhine was married four times to much older, wealthy women, women who were perhaps too old to have children. Does anybody know anything about this or the name and fate of the illegitimate child?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
October 1st 08 07:11 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
41 1,473
Surprising Call From Jim Killion Representing Susan Polgar by samsloan
I just received a surprising call at 11:53 AM from Jim Killion in Texas, who represents Susan Polgar. He asked me to agree to withdraw my counterclaim against Susan Polgar. When I refused to agree, he said that he would file a motion to dismiss my claim on the grounds that it fails to state a claim on which relief would be granted. He then asked me to come to Texas at my expense for a...
October 1st 08 06:09 AM
by The Historian[_2_] Go to last post
4 399
The Strange Death of President Harding by Gaston B. Means foreword bySam Sloan by samsloan
The Strange Death of President Harding by Gaston B. Means http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891390 Foreword The cover photo to this book is one of the last ever taken of President Harding and his wife, Florence, before their untimely deaths. It was taken in July, 1923 on board the U.S.S. Henderson
September 30th 08 09:04 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
7 858
Great News!!! Time to celebrate!!!! by samsloan
Great News!!! Time to celebrate!!!!
September 30th 08 01:36 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 447
Sam Sloan Banned for One Year from Posting to the USCF Issues Forum by samsloan
I have just received the following notification that I have been banned for one year from posting to the USCF Issues Forum. This ban was voted months ago but was held up pending my suit against the USCF. My complaint in Sloan vs. Truong, Polgar and the USCF had specifically complained about my being repeatedly suspended from posting during the election period, even though I was both a member...
September 29th 08 01:18 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
8 394
Defendants seek dismissal of suit filed by chess champ Polgar by samsloan
Defendants seek dismissal of suit filed by chess champ Polgar By Marlena Hartz | Avalanche-Journal Sunday, September 28, 2008 Story last updated at 9/28/2008 - 2:19 am Checkmate? Not quite, but a chess suit filed in Lubbock is moving along. Defendants in a lawsuit filed by the founder of Texas Tech's chess
September 29th 08 05:09 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 465
Herbert Rodney Vaughn seems to be running for election by samsloan
How many have noticed that Tanstaafil a/k/a Herbert Rodney Vaughn is writing like a politician now over on the USCF Issues Forum? It seems that he is planning to run for USCF Office, in the coming elections? Sam Sloan
September 28th 08 02:15 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
6 515
Schizophrenia In Skokie? by Brian Lafferty
This past Wednesday, 9/24/08, three Chicago Blaze players (Young, Pasalic and Tate) appear to have played both their games for the Blaze starting at 6:30pm and their 7th round game in the 15th North American FIDE Invitational starting at 6:30pm. Interesting. How did they manage it?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 28th 08 05:10 AM
by billbrock Go to last post
28 1,005
USCF's Motion to Dismiss Susan Polgar's lawsuit by samsloan
Here is the USCF's motion to dismiss the lawsuit by Susan Polgar or for a more definite statement of her claims, filed in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas, Lubbock Division on September 26, 2008. http://rapidshare.com/files/148974956/uscf-motion-to-dismiss.pdf Sam Sloan
September 28th 08 03:24 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 487
Chessmen by Donald M. Liddell has been reprinted by samsloan
Ishi Press is proud to announce the reprinting on Chessmen by Donald M. Liddell http://www.amazon.com/dp/0923891420 First published in 1937, Chessmen is a picture book of old and ancient chess pieces and recounts the history of chess through discoveries of chess pieces. Ishi Press was able to obtain the services of Frank Camaratta, the
September 28th 08 01:15 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 510
Appeal in Rankoth vs. Sloan by samsloan
SUPREME COURT OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK APPELLATE DIVISION: SECOND DEPARTMENT --------------------------------------------------------------------- X No. 2008-02071 DAYAWATHIE RANKOTH, Docket No. O-18182-05 Petitioner Ė Respondent, Queens County
September 27th 08 08:07 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
3 634
Source for Alekhine's Illegitimate Child?? by LiamToo[_2_]
On Sep 27, 11:23 am, wrote: On Sep 27, 12:14 pm, LiamToo wrote: On Sep 27, 10:49 am, wrote: The Sorbonne is in Paris, France. I know that there is Pantheon-Sorbonne in Paris, then there is the
September 27th 08 07:06 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 368
Source for Alekhine's Illegitimate Child?? by [email protected]
On Sep 27, 12:14*pm, LiamToo wrote: On Sep 27, 10:49 am, wrote: *The Sorbonne is in Paris, France. I know that there is Pantheon-Sorbonne in Paris, then there is the HarvardSorbone. I thought there could have been a Sorbonne in Russia.
September 27th 08 06:23 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 399
Motion to Dismiss Has Been Made Against Polgar by Brian Lafferty
It's available on PACER. Motion to dismiss for failure to state causes of action or in the alternative a motion for a more specific pleading.
September 27th 08 04:34 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 471
Motion for Reconsideration in Sloan vs. Truong, SDNY by samsloan
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK __________________________________________ Sam Sloan, Plaintiff, -against-
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
September 27th 08 02:02 PM
by foad Go to last post