Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Vietnamese player in upset loss in World Championship of Chinese chess by samsloan
The first major upset has occurred in the World Championship of Chinese chess. The Viewnamese player NGUYEN Thanh Bao lost to Îâ×Úº² WOO Tsung Han of Singapore. This is a big upset because the Vietnamese are considered almost the equals of the Chinese in Chinese chess. Vietnam and China are in general far stronger than the other countries. In this event, China is represented by ÐíÒø´¨ XU...
November 21st 11 09:21 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 270
Where is Marcus Roberts? by chess freak
I miss the comedian Marcus Roberts. Where has become of the clown ambassador of the the Caribbean tax haven?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 16th 11 05:29 AM
by Chess A Freak Go to last post
37 2,219
Translation help requested for Jugend Um Hitler by Balder Von Schirach by samsloan
Jugend um Hitler BALDUR VON SCHIRACH: Zum Geleit Hier ist ein Buch von der Liebe der Jugend zu Adolf Hitler. Hier sind Kinder aus nah und fern, Kinder der übersonnten Berge und Kinder der wolkenverhangenen Ebene - Kinder des ganzen Reichs. Hier ist das jüngste Deutschland der Reinen und Reifenden, hier ist unsere Zukunft
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 11 04:26 AM
by None Go to last post
11 656
Louis-Philippe: Le méconnu by André Castelot by samsloan
Louis-Philippe: Le méconnu by André Castelot Introduction by Sam Sloan The title of this book translates into English as “Louis-Philippe: The Ignored”. This is a suitable and appropriate title, because King Louis-Philippe I, King of the French, who ruled from from 1830 to 1848, has indeed been ignored by history. Hardly anybody seems even to know that there
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 13th 11 02:43 AM
by The Master Go to last post
14 722
Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen – SS - Idee und Opfergang - or The Volunteers of the Waffen - SS by samsloan
Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen – SS - Idee und Opfergang - or
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 7th 11 06:02 PM
by None Go to last post
20 878
Hitler's Strategy by Sir Francis Harry Hinsley by samsloan
Hitler's Strategy by Sir Francis Harry Hinsley Introduction by Sam Sloan Sir Francis Harry Hinsley (although he was not a “Sir” at the time he wrote this book. He got that title when he was knighted in 1985.) was
November 1st 11 08:19 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 397
Sam, Sam, Sam by None
On Oct 17, 8:57*am, None wrote: On Oct 16, 11:34*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 4:58*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 12:22*pm, samsloan wrote: Like so many authors, Jay Whitehead has died without ever getting
October 19th 11 11:29 PM
by micky Go to last post
1 249
Sam, Sam, Sam by None
On Oct 17, 8:57*am, None wrote: On Oct 16, 11:34*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 4:58*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 12:22*pm, samsloan wrote: Like so many authors, Jay Whitehead has died without ever getting
October 19th 11 06:26 PM
by None Go to last post
3 294
Sam, Spam, Sam by None
On Oct 16, 11:35*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 5:01*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 1:23*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Oct 16, 2:20*am, "
October 19th 11 06:21 PM
by None Go to last post
4 281
Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky by samsloan
On Oct 17, 4:08*am, David Ames wrote: On Oct 15, 4:12*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
October 19th 11 06:21 PM
by None Go to last post
3 288
International Chess Master Jay Whitehead Has Died by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 2:42*pm, micky wrote: Currently, the New York Public Library consists of 87 libraries: four non-lending research libraries, four main lending libraries, a library for the blind and physically challenged, and 77 neighborhood branch libraries in the three boroughs served. All libraries in the NYPL system may be used free of charge by all visitors....
October 19th 11 05:36 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
6 315
Triumph of the Will translation of Introduction by Baldur von Schirach by samsloan
I have had a translation made of the four page introduction to the book "Der Triumph des Willens". I am not fluent in German but I know a few words and I am not entirely satisfied with this translation. If anybody can make corrections, they would be appreciated: Introduction to "The Triumph of Will” The man who today is the German Chancellor is the leader of sixty million people. He is neither...
October 19th 11 04:48 AM
by None Go to last post
3 448
Which college did Fischer attend? by [email protected]
On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote: What college did Bobby Fischer go to? He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I can be smart as him. The answer to your loaded question, which I'm sure you know, is that he dropped out at age fifteen from Erasmus High in Brookluyn, where...
October 18th 11 04:47 PM
by The Masked Bishop[_2_] Go to last post
3 379
Which college did Fischer attend? by [email protected]
On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote: What college did Bobby Fischer go to? He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I can be smart as him. I see you did ask WHICH in the subject header, so my bad.
0 308
Latest from the Ishi Press Great Literature Series: Shack Baby !!! by samsloan
On Oct 16, 10:49*pm, raylopez99 wrote: On Oct 16, 3:38*am, samsloan wrote: Why are farm girls thought of as being more sexually liberal or more readily available than other kinds of girls? That does not apply to Pakistani farm girls, who are renowned for their conservatism, but it does apply to Thai farm girls. Because they grow...
October 17th 11 09:42 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 323
International Chess Master Jay Whitehead Has Died by samsloan
On Oct 16, 10:18*pm, raylopez99 wrote: On Oct 17, 12:22*am, samsloan wrote: Jay Whitehead was constantly being kicked out or expelled from various Hare Krishna groups and during the period 1997-2000 he kept coming back to one of my places in Brooklyn looking for a free place to stay. He always offered to give me chess lessons or...
October 17th 11 09:39 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 275
All Time Stupidest Remark on RGCM by samsloan
The Soviet School of Chess is a book that probably every grandmaster in the world has studied. Sam Sloan http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871878198 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871878198 On Oct 16, 10:08 pm, raylopez99 wrote:
October 17th 11 09:11 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 300
Which college did Fischer attend? by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 7:31*pm, The Masked Bishop wrote: No harm, no foul...but as idiotic as this thread is, turning it into a personal attack on any poster is SO 1990s usenet. *It was never about me, and who would want it to be? But you bit on the gratuitous flame bait I add at the end of my messages, but avoided answering the serious part of my message, on Penrose. So 1990s of...
October 17th 11 04:39 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 309
Which college did Fischer attend? by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 8:53*am, David Ames wrote: Depends on what you put your mind to. *Instead of putting my mind on chess, I should have devoted my time to pursuing studies that there wasn't time for in the school day. *Independent study and accomplishment would probably have counted greatly to a science and engineering institute in Massachusetts. *(They suggested to me...
October 17th 11 04:36 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 332
Which college did Fischer attend? by raylopez99
On Oct 16, 2:06*am, " wrote: On Oct 14, 3:35*pm, The Masked Bishop wrote: ==================================== Brilliantly stated, Masked Bishop. *Compare, for example, the lives and careers of the Penrose brothers, Roger and Jonathan. OldHaasie
October 17th 11 04:35 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
0 300
Post New Thread