Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
If Israel Bombs Iran I think We Should Bomb Them by samsloan
Apparently Israel Plans to Bomb Iran so I think we should Bomb Them.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
December 6th 11 05:06 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
15 709
USCF not supporting Womens Team for World Team Chess Championship by ChessFire
Thanks to a Russian site for making this announcement. ==== The US Team Will not Play in Mardin The US Chess Federation made a final decision of not sending a team to the Women's World Team Chess Championship which will take place in Mardin, Turkey and informed organisers about that by the following letter:
December 3rd 11 05:38 PM
by None Go to last post
8 380
Rossolimo's Brilliancy Prizes, self-published in New York in 1970 ?? by samsloan
Wikipedia states that Grandmaster Nicholas Rossolimo wrote a book entitled "Rossolimo's Brilliancy Prizes". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicholas_Rossolimo Does anybody know of such a book? I cannot find it on Amazon or the usual places. I often visited Rossolimo's Chess Studio on Thompson Street in Greenwich Village of New York City in the 1970s. At that time he was
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 29th 11 11:19 AM
by Jürgen R.[_2_] Go to last post
31 1,414
Sam Sloan leads in World Championship of Chinese Chess by samsloan
By winning his first two games, Sam Sloan is now in first place in the World Championship of Chinese Chess, now being played at Hotel Borobudur in Jakarta, Indonesia. In the first round, Sloan defeated Dmitry RUMYANTSEV of Russia. In the second round Sloan defeated Chein Kyi of Myanmar (Borma) A total of 78 invited players from 24 countries are contesting the World Championship.
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 27th 11 05:35 AM
by None Go to last post
10 756
13 players tied for lead in World Championship of Chinese Chess by samsloan
After two rounds of play, there are 13 players tied for the lead with scored of 2-0. 68 players from 24 member national federations are contesting the World Championship plus 10 woman players. Each member national federation is entitled to send two players, plus one non-Chinese player plus women player. The 13 players tied for first a
November 23rd 11 03:13 AM
by Jürgen R.[_2_] Go to last post
9 490
The Army of Felix by None
On Nov 19, 10:43*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Nov 19, 5:37*pm, samsloan wrote: The books are all in Hong Kong. You will not be able to catch me. * That's what William Tyndale thought. Trotsky too
November 21st 11 05:22 PM
by None Go to last post
0 303
Vietnamese player in upset loss in World Championship of Chinese chess by samsloan
The first major upset has occurred in the World Championship of Chinese chess. The Viewnamese player NGUYEN Thanh Bao lost to Îâ×Úº² WOO Tsung Han of Singapore. This is a big upset because the Vietnamese are considered almost the equals of the Chinese in Chinese chess. Vietnam and China are in general far stronger than the other countries. In this event, China is represented by ÐíÒø´¨ XU...
November 21st 11 10:21 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 349
Where is Marcus Roberts? by chess freak
I miss the comedian Marcus Roberts. Where has become of the clown ambassador of the the Caribbean tax haven?
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3 ... Last Page)
November 16th 11 06:29 AM
by Chess A Freak Go to last post
37 2,524
Translation help requested for Jugend Um Hitler by Balder Von Schirach by samsloan
Jugend um Hitler BALDUR VON SCHIRACH: Zum Geleit Hier ist ein Buch von der Liebe der Jugend zu Adolf Hitler. Hier sind Kinder aus nah und fern, Kinder der übersonnten Berge und Kinder der wolkenverhangenen Ebene - Kinder des ganzen Reichs. Hier ist das jüngste Deutschland der Reinen und Reifenden, hier ist unsere Zukunft
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 15th 11 05:26 AM
by None Go to last post
11 803
Louis-Philippe: Le méconnu by André Castelot by samsloan
Louis-Philippe: Le méconnu by André Castelot Introduction by Sam Sloan The title of this book translates into English as “Louis-Philippe: The Ignored”. This is a suitable and appropriate title, because King Louis-Philippe I, King of the French, who ruled from from 1830 to 1848, has indeed been ignored by history. Hardly anybody seems even to know that there
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
November 13th 11 03:43 AM
by The Master Go to last post
14 870
Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen – SS - Idee und Opfergang - or The Volunteers of the Waffen - SS by samsloan
Felix Steiner Die Freiwilligen Der Waffen – SS - Idee und Opfergang - or
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
November 7th 11 07:02 PM
by None Go to last post
20 1,101
Hitler's Strategy by Sir Francis Harry Hinsley by samsloan
Hitler's Strategy by Sir Francis Harry Hinsley Introduction by Sam Sloan Sir Francis Harry Hinsley (although he was not a “Sir” at the time he wrote this book. He got that title when he was knighted in 1985.) was
November 1st 11 09:19 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 488
Sam, Sam, Sam by None
On Oct 17, 8:57*am, None wrote: On Oct 16, 11:34*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 4:58*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 12:22*pm, samsloan wrote: Like so many authors, Jay Whitehead has died without ever getting
October 20th 11 12:29 AM
by micky Go to last post
1 306
Sam, Sam, Sam by None
On Oct 17, 8:57*am, None wrote: On Oct 16, 11:34*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 4:58*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 12:22*pm, samsloan wrote: Like so many authors, Jay Whitehead has died without ever getting
October 19th 11 07:26 PM
by None Go to last post
3 362
Sam, Spam, Sam by None
On Oct 16, 11:35*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 5:01*pm, None wrote: On Oct 16, 1:23*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote: On Oct 16, 2:20*am, "
October 19th 11 07:21 PM
by None Go to last post
4 359
Grandmaster Preparation by Lev Polugaevsky by samsloan
On Oct 17, 4:08*am, David Ames wrote: On Oct 15, 4:12*pm, Taylor Kingston wrote:
October 19th 11 07:21 PM
by None Go to last post
3 353
International Chess Master Jay Whitehead Has Died by raylopez99
On Oct 17, 2:42*pm, micky wrote: Currently, the New York Public Library consists of 87 libraries: four non-lending research libraries, four main lending libraries, a library for the blind and physically challenged, and 77 neighborhood branch libraries in the three boroughs served. All libraries in the NYPL system may be used free of charge by all visitors....
October 19th 11 06:36 PM
by raylopez99 Go to last post
6 381
Triumph of the Will translation of Introduction by Baldur von Schirach by samsloan
I have had a translation made of the four page introduction to the book "Der Triumph des Willens". I am not fluent in German but I know a few words and I am not entirely satisfied with this translation. If anybody can make corrections, they would be appreciated: Introduction to "The Triumph of Will” The man who today is the German Chancellor is the leader of sixty million people. He is neither...
October 19th 11 05:48 AM
by None Go to last post
3 529
Which college did Fischer attend? by [email protected]
On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote: What college did Bobby Fischer go to? He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I can be smart as him. The answer to your loaded question, which I'm sure you know, is that he dropped out at age fifteen from Erasmus High in Brookluyn, where...
October 18th 11 05:47 PM
by The Masked Bishop[_2_] Go to last post
3 452
Which college did Fischer attend? by [email protected]
On Oct 12, 4:29*pm, Alex wrote: What college did Bobby Fischer go to? He was a world chess champion so he must be a smart person and I want to be a smart person so I think that I should go to his college and I can be smart as him. I see you did ask WHICH in the subject header, so my bad.
October 18th 11 05:13 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 386
Post New Thread