Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
"Chess and politics 'are linked'" by Andy Walker[_2_]
Discussion on "Today", "http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28804881". " There is now an all-party parliamentary group on chess, which " will be chaired by Labour MP Yasmin Qureshi. " It's a confused rag-bag of a programme, mixing up getting MPs to play more chess with getting funding for chess, with sexism, with "is chess a sport?" and with "is chess a preparation for politics?". That's what...
August 16th 14 05:00 PM
by abelard Go to last post
3 923
Sam vs. Ramitha Sai Ravishankar by samsloan
Here is my game against a 12-year-old girl from India. I do not take games against 12-year-old girls from India lightly especially after the result of a 13-year-old girl from India in the US Woman's Championship where she defeated three woman grandmasters. In this game I had a bad position for a long time but struggled out. When I finally reached what seemed to me a winning position on move 45...
May 26th 14 03:35 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 799
Problem with the Chess Olympiad in Tromso Norway by samsloan
The organizers of the World Chess Olympiad to be held in August in Tromso Norway say they do not have the money to run the event. The problem is they expected 140-150 nations. Now 181 nations have registered. This problem has been brewing for a long time. Too many non-nations where little or no chess is played have been allowed to join FIDE and send teams at the organizer's expense. For...
May 16th 14 03:41 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 751
Congressman Jose Serrano is Bad for Business, Bad for The Bronx by [email protected]
On Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:40:20 AM UTC-4, samsloan wrote: These are just two of the many problems Congressman Serrano has created for the Bronx. Spam Splooge Good thing you've been a resident of the Goodall Mansion in CA for the past 10 years.
0 665
The next stage in my journey by samsloan
It is clear that Paul is back at work. I intend to sue him again and this time I will definitely win. This is because he has overlooked something serious. And that is not that he will not have that other gook Chin to hide behind. But I am not going to tell you what he has overlooked, other than Channing and Bauer are going to also be stars.
April 21st 14 07:29 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 640
What I would do with the cheek swabs by [email protected]
The more I think about it, the more enraged I am that those dirty, pig-eating Porkistanis (CID, ISI, Haqqani network and local police) dared to take away my cheek and genitalia swabs. The lab I use in Jefferson, NY told me they will be able to clone young Chitrali virgins from those swabs, and I dearly need them because the Japanese bitch isn't giving me any nowadays, and Sandra is beginning to...
1 646
Sandra has consented by samsloan
One of my paternal great-great-grandmothers was a Humbert. She married a Wilcox. Their daughter married Araven Sloan, who became my great-grandfather. That has nothing to do with the fact that yesterday, Sandra consented in writing. Kayo countersigned the papers. She is authorized to do this. A new chapter in our lives has opened.
1 769
American Andrew Koenigsberg former 2012 Hong Kong National Champion banned by Peter Sloan[_5_]
This just in folks Mr Andrew Koenigsberg from chess banned from future championships in Hong Kong. -------- Original Message -------- Subject: In regards to one participant Andrew Koenigsberg From: Jackson Li Date: Fri, February 14, 2014 9:50 pm To: peter@ Dear Mr Sloan
February 15th 14 06:41 PM
by Peter Sloan[_5_] Go to last post
0 1,080
Unable to reach USCF member forum by [email protected]
USCF Issues eludes me when I log in with member name and password. I tried on the morning of December 24 and December 25. An e-mail to wemaster at uschess dot org got no respondse. Bah humbug, everybody. David Ames
1 665
Grayson (Gary Walters) Challenges Sloan on Lawsuit and Election Issues by samsloan
There would have been no need for lawsuits had the insiders not acted illegally. You were not around then as you are a newcomer. First Lawsuit: The building was sold illegally by Goichberg as acting Executive Director. This was illegal as the board never approved the sale of the building in New Windsor and would not have approved of it had it been put up for a vote. Check the minutes you will...
January 17th 14 08:22 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 635
Censorship as Usual on the USCF Issues Forum by samsloan
The following posting was pulled from the USCF Issues Forum: Subject: Election 2014 samsloan wrote:They have made it so difficult to stop me and any other non-approved candidates from running that now even the approved candidates have difficulty running. They almost did not have enough candidates to fill all the slots to run this time. We wait to see if they will pull any funny business...
January 16th 14 10:54 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 528
Israeli Flags Not Shown at World Youth Championship in UAE by samsloan
Let's try to put the youth tournament in perspective. In 1984 Dubai was asked at the last-minute to host the Olympiad after Iceland, Venezuela and Indonesia backed out. The USCF initially indicated it would not send a team because the Israelis would not be allowed visas. A compromise was proposed under which the USCF did send a team and got a promise that the issue of Israeli visa at future FIDE...
December 31st 13 02:11 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 559
Sloan vs New York City Board of Elections Opposition to Motion to Dismiss by samsloan
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT SOUTHERN DISTRICT OF NEW YORK ________________________________________ Sam Sloan, Richard Bozulich, Thomas R. Stevens, Plaintiffs, 13 CIV 6104 (AJN)
December 22nd 13 08:51 PM
by Peter Sloan[_5_] Go to last post
2 621
FDA Bans Genetic Testing by 23andme by samsloan
The United States Food and Drug Administration has gone way over the top by banning genetic testing by 23andme. The letter from the FDA is posted online at http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2013/ucm376296.htm However, the FDA has far exceeded its legal authority. The letter from the FDA says, "23andMe must immediately discontinue marketing the PGS until such time as it...
November 27th 13 01:36 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 603
A Great Day for America as the Government Shuts Down by samsloan
It is far too early for there to be dancing in the streets, but at least this is a start. Unfortunately, Congress in the past has retroactively restored the pay and other benefits thereby putting us in an even worse position than we would have been without the shutdown. This time we hope that our Congress will hold the line and our cost savings from no government will remain permanent. Sam...
October 1st 13 02:38 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 470
Kaloshi v. New York City Board of Elections, 02 CV 4762, 2002 WL31051530 (E.D.N.Y. Sept. 6, 2002) Constitutional Issues by samsloan
Kaloshi v. New York City Board of Elections, 02 CV 4762, 2002 WL 31051530 (E.D.N.Y. Sept. 6, 2002) Constitutional Issues VII Constitutionality of New York Election Law Section 6-132(2) Witness Party Membership Requirement The voter Plaintiffs also seek an order declaring Section 6-132(2) of New York Election Law unconstitutional. Specifically, Plaintiffs claim that Section 6-132(2)'s...
September 24th 13 12:23 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 495
Federal District Court Case against Board of Elections by samsloan
Samuel H. Sloan 1664 Davidson Ave, Apt. 1B Bronx NY 10453 Tel. 917-659-3397 917-507-7226 September 4, 2013
September 4th 13 08:19 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 610
Let's Cook It Right by samsloan
Here is one of the most popular, helpful, and widely praised cookbooks ever published. Dedicated to the principle that foods can be prepared to retain their delightful flavors, as well as their rewarding nutrients, Adelle Davis, a well-known nutritionist, has completely reviewed the recipes in this edition, added dozens of new ones, rewritten old ones, deleted little used ones, and changed...
September 4th 13 04:36 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
1 474
Motion to Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg denied by samsloan
Here is the letter from the US Supreme Court notifying me that my motion for an emergency stay of an order by the Board of Elections in the City of New York that removed me and two other candidates from the primary ballot has been denied by Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. However, I want to express my deepest thanks to the staff of the US Supreme Court for allowing my motion to be presented to the...
September 3rd 13 04:29 AM
by None Go to last post
1 455
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger by samsloan
The Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger Introduction by Sam Sloan When reclusive author Jerome David "J. D." Salinger died on January 19, 2010 at age 91 in his home in Cornish, New Hampshire, the world breathed both a sigh of both relief and eager anticipation of what would come next. This was because Salinger had written one of the most famous books ever written, The Catcher in the Rye ....
September 2nd 13 11:25 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 453
Post New Thread