Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
World Open has been moved to Arlington Virginia by [email protected]
How's it going Sam, long time no see. I thought I would check in and see who's still around other than you of course. :) Any word on who is winning (or won) the U.S. Championship in St. Louis? A friend of mine told me Kamsky dropped a piece in one of his games.
0 280
Legacy Publishing Company is running a scam operation with false advertising by [email protected]
On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:24:15 AM UTC-8, samsloan wrote: I answered an ad played over the radio that I have been hearing for several days now that the first one thousand callers who call in today will get free of charge a program and advice on how to control your child.
0 350
Senate Passes Internet Sales Tax Bill by samsloan
BREAKING NEWS: Senate Passes Internet Sales Tax Bill Here is a great issue for us all to fight. This measure gives the US Government the power to impose a world wide sales tax on all Internet transactions. As usual they name the bill exactly the opposite of what it does. They call it "the Marketplace Fairness Act". In a vote of 69 to 27 Monday night, the U.S. Senate passed the Marketplace...
May 8th 13 12:22 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 364
Checkmate! Teen Chess Stars Make Their Move : NPR by emf
http://www.npr.org/2013/05/03/180855414/check-mate-teen-chess-stars-make-their-move The 2013 U.S. and Women's Chess Championships are under way in St. Louis, Missouri. Host Michel Martin speaks with two of the competition's youngest players. Kayden Troff is the current under-14 World Youth Chess Champion, and at 15, Sarah Chiang is the youngest woman competing in the Women's Chess...
May 4th 13 08:49 AM
by emf Go to last post
0 390
Mike Goodall Estate Case - Appellant's Opening Brief by [email protected]
On Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:51:47 PM UTC-4, samsloan wrote: 19 THE COURT: I don't issue -- there's not a 20 motion for -- to compel discovery, as I'm hearing. I'm 21 just hearing the summary judgment motions. 22 Anything else, sir? In the "Introduction" to his brief, which occurs a mere 23 paragraphs into the document, Sam Splooge quotes a judge in a different hearing...
0 343
Did the Boston Marathon Bombers Receive Outside Help? by samsloan
It appears that they had no immediate help in the planning or execution of the bombing. However, it is likely that the elder brother received training in how to build these bombs when he returned to Russia last year. They planned the bomb blasts to occur not at the time when the winners were crossing the finish lines but two hours later when the slow recreational runners were finally arriving....
April 23rd 13 04:33 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
3 284
The Police Did not Kill the Older Boston Bomber - The Younger Brotherkilled his own Brother! by samsloan
Amazing revelation: Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the elder brother, was not killed by the police. He was killed by the younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who ran over him with a car. The younger brother then tried to commit suicide my shooting himself in the next, but was not successful. This murder-suicide plan was probably to protect accomplices who may have provided help in the bombings. Sam Sloan
April 23rd 13 04:04 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 241
Searching for Results of 12th World Xiangqi Championship in Jakarta Indonesia by samsloan
I am searching for the Results of the 12th World Xiangqi Championship I have found the first round game that I won he http://www.01xq.com/e_game_view.asp?id=02701209DC55D0 http://www.01xq.com/xqplayer/xqpk.asp?pid=5461 The Complete Results are here but I cannot read or Download them:
5 600
Militants from Afghanistan Attack Boy Scouts in Chitral by samsloan
It is not only because of the Lowari Tunnel that Chitralis favor Musharraf. Musharraf has been the only Pakistan leader willing to take a stand and fight the militants invading from Afghanistan and taking over places like Swat. This is the reason why the Taliban has vowed to kill Musharraf. He would have to be crazy to show up at a kangaroo court date under these circumstances. On August 27,...
April 13th 13 12:16 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 389
Musharraf Runs for Election from Chitral by samsloan
Sorry. I disagree. I just returned from 11 days in Pakistan. I found that Musharraf is tremendously popular everywhere in Pakistan. Everybody in all areas of Pakistan are talking favorably about his return. Also, the charges against Musharraf are obviously bogus such as the claim that he "murdered" Benazir Bhutto. Everybody can see the videos of Benazir standing unprotected in front of unruly...
3 495
David Bronstein 1951 Match and From Russia With Love by [email protected]
On Monday, January 14, 2013 9:42:28 AM UTC-5, samsloan wrote: David Bronstein 1951 Match and From Russia With Love There is a connection between the 1957 book "From Russia With Love" and the book "The World Chess Championship 1951".
0 373
New York Times Article about Khalil Nuristani by samsloan
Thank you for this article but it contains a few errors. I visited Nuristan twice, in 1977 and 1978, but these visits were brief as I only spent one night there each time as it was illegal to visit Nuristan without permission. In 1978 I wound up in jail in Afghanistan, escaped, was recaptured and finally released across the border to Torkham Pakistan. I then went to Chitral where I met some...
April 6th 13 08:49 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 315
Iran Giant Mutant Rats are Caused by Nuclear Radiation Program by samsloan
Iran Giant Mutant Rats are Caused by Nuclear Radiation Program One unintended by-product of Iran's program to build a nuclear bomb is the development of giant mutant rats from the radiation at the bomb plant. These rats weigh as much as 11 pounds and are still growing. Cats are afraid of them. Iran has dealt with the problem by sending snipers armed with rifles
March 6th 13 06:30 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 814
William Pinney Chess Set Maker by [email protected]
On Wednesday, December 1, 1999 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Anthony Mantia wrote: I am trying to find out any information on William T. Pinney who made chess sets in the 1930's and 1940's. The address on his sets was 811 Maltman Ave. Los Angeles California. I have seen a picture of him from 1948 publication with a group that was identified as the Los Feliz Chess Club. I am also interested in...
1 660
Charlemagne - an American Ancestor by samsloan
On Jan 18, 1:44*pm, "Leo" wrote: Some people seem to think the notion of Charlemagne being an ancestor of Americans as far fetched. Marc Hoover alerted me to an article in NEHGS Nexus June/August 1989 by H.. M. West Winter Essay: On intermarriage Among the Descendants of Charlemagne. In this article a list is given which tells how many times the following...
January 20th 13 09:25 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
3 383
What Happened to the First Native American MtDNA in Europe? by samsloan
What Happened to the First Native American MtDNA in Europe? When Columbus Discovered America in 1492, he returned to Spain with 6 Native American Indian men. When he returned to America on his second voyage in 1493, he brought back two of those men with him to serve as translators, the other four having died in Spain. How and why they died has not been explained. It is known that he made them...
January 20th 13 05:23 AM
by John Watson Go to last post
1 337
Marcus Roberts "The Ambassador" has returned !! by [email protected]
On Friday, January 4, 2013 10:12:25 AM UTC-8, wrote: There is no sense in posting on this website, because I will just get indicted again. As Sam Sloan knows, when jail comes for you, it just comes. There was no case that the government had, just 18 months of meaningless procedures from which I was lucky to escape without a criminal record. Marcus Roberts Welcome...
0 341
My Royal Origins by samsloan
What fascinates me is the fact that I believe that almost everybody who is originally of English origin with a family line going back to 1066 or earlier could prove, if the truth were known, to be descended from British royalty. When a politician runs for election over here they often trot our the fact that they are descended from the British Royal Family, usually King Edward I, who produced a...
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
January 16th 13 08:25 PM
by None Go to last post
12 1,129
Sam Sloan's Revision of Peyton Place is out now ! by samsloan
My reprint of "Peyton Place" just came out. In it I reveal some scandals from my 1962 high school class similar to those in the original book Peyton Place. http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871876160#reader_4871876160 Be sure to look in the "Look Inside" section on Amazon
December 30th 12 12:02 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 394
Born Innocent by samsloan
http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871875458 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871876136 Born Innocent by Creighton Brown Burnham Made into a famous movie starring Linda Blair Introduction by Sam Sloan
December 29th 12 04:20 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
7 552
Post New Thread