Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
Games from the National Open in Las Vegas by samsloan
1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 3.h3 e5 4.d3 h5 5.g5 Bd6 6.Nc3 Ne7 7.e4 d4 8.Nce2 c5 9.f4 exf4 10.Bxf4 Ng6 11.Bxd6 Qxd6 12.Nf3 Nc6 13.Qd2 Be6 14.a3 h4 15.O- O Rd8 16.Kh1 Qd7 17.Kh2 b6 18.Rae1 a5 19.Nfg1 Nce5 20.Nf3 Qc7 21.Kh1 a4 22.Nxe5 Qxe5 23.Nf4 Qxg5 24.Qf2 Nxf4 25.Qxf4 Qxf4 26.Rxf4 Ke7 27.Kh2 Rh5 28.Bf3 Rh6 29.Rg1 Rg8 30.Bh1 g5 31.Rf2 Rf6 32.Rfg2 Rf3 33.Re1 Rxh3+ 34.Kg1 Rf3 35.Rh2 Rf4 36.e5 Rc8 37.Bb7 Rc7...
June 13th 13 07:48 AM
by montarby Go to last post
5 528
Roberts objects to certification of USCF elections by [email protected]
Harold Winston (co-chair USCF bylaws committee) I object to the certification of the 2013 USCF elections based on this email tonight I have received from the USCF moderators threatening me. I do not think the elections are fair when you folks can post on the forums, and I or Sam Sloan can’t post. Here is the threat: "If you're unwilling to address the issues with post #257879" I am...
June 12th 13 05:51 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 491
Did Susan Polgar and Paul Truong Release the Mottershead Report by samsloan
I am inclined to believe the theory that it was actually Paul and Susan who released the Mottershead Report. Here are two people who want publicity and who thrive upon it. Look at Susan's blog from that period. You will often see such statements as "Susan attended such-and- such event and here are one thousand pictures of Susan from that event". How many other people truly feel the need to post...
June 11th 13 06:58 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
6 850
For Bobby Fischer, WikiLeaks & NSA Leaker, Iceland Is Haven : The by Eustace[_2_]
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/06/10/190352853/for-bobby-fischer-wikileaks-nsa-leaker-iceland-is-haven For Bobby Fischer, WikiLeaks & NSA Leaker, Iceland Is Haven by MARK MEMMOTT June 10, 201312:40 PM Edward Snowden, the former CIA and Booz Allen computer security technician who says he leaked information about National Security Agency surveillance programs, has told the Guardian...
June 10th 13 09:00 PM
by Eustace[_2_] Go to last post
0 480
My Games from the New Yorker Open May 25-27, 2013 by Joe keane
In article , samsloan wrote: 1.g4 d5 2.Bg2 c6 I was planning to write a book "How to beat Sam Sloan if he's White", but you just published the whole thing.
June 3rd 13 10:34 PM
by Joe keane Go to last post
0 396
The Unmentionable Polgar and Truong by samsloan
I could be mistaken about this but as I recall Tim Redman sided with those two unmentionable people at least for a long time. He is certainly mistaken if he believes that they could have quietly been convinced to leave. At the mediation at the San Francisco Federal Courthouse in July 17-19, 2009, they were demanding that the USCF pay them $2 million. I think they later came down to a million...
May 27th 13 01:57 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
6 506
ED departu We don't need no stinkin' discussion on the Forum by [email protected]
I was just informed that a post of mine was pulled from the USCF Issues Forum as an alleged AUG violation, for the first time ever. My post objected to the pulling of other posts in the thread "ED job listing?". Anyone with two brain cells and a clue about USCF could guess that Mr. Hall's departure was not all sweetness and light, on one or both sides. So it goes: That often happens in such...
May 21st 13 05:57 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
8 564
Roberts proposes USCF bylaw amendment by [email protected]
Dear Madam Executive Director: I move to amend Article VI, Section 13 of the USCF bylaws to allow appeals for USCF members banned from posting to the USCF web site. Article VI. Section 13. Website Access. …This includes the option of temporarily or permanently banning an EB member or candidate from posting… Amendment: It is proposed that Article VI, Section 13, shall read
May 14th 13 02:49 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
1 558
World Open has been moved to Arlington Virginia by [email protected]
How's it going Sam, long time no see. I thought I would check in and see who's still around other than you of course. :) Any word on who is winning (or won) the U.S. Championship in St. Louis? A friend of mine told me Kamsky dropped a piece in one of his games.
May 13th 13 03:30 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 367
Legacy Publishing Company is running a scam operation with false advertising by [email protected]
On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:24:15 AM UTC-8, samsloan wrote: I answered an ad played over the radio that I have been hearing for several days now that the first one thousand callers who call in today will get free of charge a program and advice on how to control your child.
May 12th 13 02:15 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 450
Senate Passes Internet Sales Tax Bill by samsloan
BREAKING NEWS: Senate Passes Internet Sales Tax Bill Here is a great issue for us all to fight. This measure gives the US Government the power to impose a world wide sales tax on all Internet transactions. As usual they name the bill exactly the opposite of what it does. They call it "the Marketplace Fairness Act". In a vote of 69 to 27 Monday night, the U.S. Senate passed the Marketplace...
May 8th 13 01:22 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 483
Checkmate! Teen Chess Stars Make Their Move : NPR by emf
http://www.npr.org/2013/05/03/180855414/check-mate-teen-chess-stars-make-their-move The 2013 U.S. and Women's Chess Championships are under way in St. Louis, Missouri. Host Michel Martin speaks with two of the competition's youngest players. Kayden Troff is the current under-14 World Youth Chess Champion, and at 15, Sarah Chiang is the youngest woman competing in the Women's Chess...
May 4th 13 09:49 AM
by emf Go to last post
0 521
Mike Goodall Estate Case - Appellant's Opening Brief by [email protected]
On Thursday, April 25, 2013 9:51:47 PM UTC-4, samsloan wrote: 19 THE COURT: I don't issue -- there's not a 20 motion for -- to compel discovery, as I'm hearing. I'm 21 just hearing the summary judgment motions. 22 Anything else, sir? In the "Introduction" to his brief, which occurs a mere 23 paragraphs into the document, Sam Splooge quotes a judge in a different hearing...
April 29th 13 01:52 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 433
Did the Boston Marathon Bombers Receive Outside Help? by samsloan
It appears that they had no immediate help in the planning or execution of the bombing. However, it is likely that the elder brother received training in how to build these bombs when he returned to Russia last year. They planned the bomb blasts to occur not at the time when the winners were crossing the finish lines but two hours later when the slow recreational runners were finally arriving....
April 23rd 13 05:33 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
3 393
The Police Did not Kill the Older Boston Bomber - The Younger Brotherkilled his own Brother! by samsloan
Amazing revelation: Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the elder brother, was not killed by the police. He was killed by the younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, who ran over him with a car. The younger brother then tried to commit suicide my shooting himself in the next, but was not successful. This murder-suicide plan was probably to protect accomplices who may have provided help in the bombings. Sam Sloan
April 23rd 13 05:04 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 327
Searching for Results of 12th World Xiangqi Championship in Jakarta Indonesia by samsloan
I am searching for the Results of the 12th World Xiangqi Championship I have found the first round game that I won he http://www.01xq.com/e_game_view.asp?id=02701209DC55D0 http://www.01xq.com/xqplayer/xqpk.asp?pid=5461 The Complete Results are here but I cannot read or Download them:
April 23rd 13 12:42 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
5 753
Militants from Afghanistan Attack Boy Scouts in Chitral by samsloan
It is not only because of the Lowari Tunnel that Chitralis favor Musharraf. Musharraf has been the only Pakistan leader willing to take a stand and fight the militants invading from Afghanistan and taking over places like Swat. This is the reason why the Taliban has vowed to kill Musharraf. He would have to be crazy to show up at a kangaroo court date under these circumstances. On August 27,...
April 13th 13 01:16 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 519
Musharraf Runs for Election from Chitral by samsloan
Sorry. I disagree. I just returned from 11 days in Pakistan. I found that Musharraf is tremendously popular everywhere in Pakistan. Everybody in all areas of Pakistan are talking favorably about his return. Also, the charges against Musharraf are obviously bogus such as the claim that he "murdered" Benazir Bhutto. Everybody can see the videos of Benazir standing unprotected in front of unruly...
April 9th 13 07:03 PM
by [email protected] Go to last post
3 631
David Bronstein 1951 Match and From Russia With Love by [email protected]
On Monday, January 14, 2013 9:42:28 AM UTC-5, samsloan wrote: David Bronstein 1951 Match and From Russia With Love There is a connection between the 1957 book "From Russia With Love" and the book "The World Chess Championship 1951".
April 7th 13 02:03 AM
by [email protected] Go to last post
0 523
New York Times Article about Khalil Nuristani by samsloan
Thank you for this article but it contains a few errors. I visited Nuristan twice, in 1977 and 1978, but these visits were brief as I only spent one night there each time as it was illegal to visit Nuristan without permission. In 1978 I wound up in jail in Afghanistan, escaped, was recaptured and finally released across the border to Torkham Pakistan. I then went to Chitral where I met some...
April 6th 13 09:49 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 441
Post New Thread