Post New Thread
Threads in Forum : rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) Forum Tools Search this Forum Feed Icon
13 year-old girl wins Hong Kong championship by Ray Gordon
Not junior or women's title, either. Love the reference to Judit Polgar winning the Hungarian championship in 1960!! Source: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?section=SPORTS&oid=54959 Wonder girl bags H.K. title By Manny BenitezTODAY Chess Columnist
6 686
I am at the World Chess Olympiad Istanbul by None
On Tuesday, September 4, 2012 8:45:27 AM UTC-4, Offramp wrote: On Sep 3, 7:40*am, samsloan wrote: I am at the World Chess Olympiad in Istanbul. Since you are a muslim you could have stayed anywhere for free.
September 6th 12 11:04 PM
by None Go to last post
0 354
Goodall Case: Answer to Bank of America's and Guide Dogs for theBlind Motion for Sanctions by samsloan
Samuel H. Sloan Administrator of Estate of K. Michael Goodall with Will Annexed 461 Peachstone Terrace San Rafael CA 94903 (415) 419-5980 917-659-3397
August 27th 12 05:32 PM
by Dave M. Go to last post
3 1,094
Goodall Case: Answer by Sam Sloan to Unlawful Detainer Proceeding by samsloan
Samuel H. Sloan Administrator of Estate of K. Michael Goodall with Will Annexed 461 Peachstone Terrace San Rafael CA 94903 (415) 419-5980 917-659-3397
August 18th 12 03:48 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 529
Ideas versus Statements by Bruce Draney
RSHaas writes: "Even admittedly take out of its entire context, this remark ranks as one of the most ridiculous statements ever made by a chess player. Sorry, George. Perhaps you don't know the topic very well." (al) ============== Bruce Draney once ranked my Mensa model idea the second worst ever
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
August 14th 12 03:41 PM
by KBachler Go to last post
25 1,276
Backgammon Tactics by Harold Thorne Review by Sam Sloan by Offramp
HERRING AND CABBAGE AND CHEESE SAUCE Take your eggs. APPLES AND MUSHROOMS There is poured over them in that you have, two spoonfuls of almonds rolled in butter, the vegetable on a little tender, pass them out, drain them well, and add the last are indispensable to which will work juice, and when brown sauce ought to cover them the puree of eggs placed on to a pan, adding a saucepan with an...
August 14th 12 02:59 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
0 311
Back Beef a la Raymond Queneau by Offramp
BEEF Bind the first of four eggs and let them in fat pork weighing perhaps three soup-spoonfuls of sherry and salt. Peel the threads. TOMATOES Take two or kidney which will not do and fins, which you have already added.
August 14th 12 02:58 PM
by Offramp Go to last post
0 323
I have Just Published My First Three Books on Kindle by samsloan
I now have 25 books on Kindle. They seem to be selling well. I published another book today. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008M2I8F2 This is my translation into English of one of the stories by Ling Mengchu who lived from 1580 to 1644 http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871872122
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
July 24th 12 02:35 AM
by rst0 Go to last post
12 917
Virginia Chess Federation Publications from 1946 to 1965 by Russell Miller
Sam asked about reprinting the issues of NORTHWEST CHESS of which there are now 774. NWC said no. They are scanning and posting them on their website. There are several complete sets starting with the first issue in 1948 in people's homes including mine. (I am missing some issues but not many). Russell Miller Vancouver WA home of 2012 US Open
July 19th 12 09:06 PM
by Russell Miller Go to last post
0 374
The really real Sam Sloan here, My x-wife Kayo Kimura is crazy andabout to be arrested. by Sam Sloan[_3_]
The Really Real Sam Sloan in court for the last time, Sam Sloan here telling my women and children like it is. My wife Kayo Kimura is going to be arrested for perjuring to a NY State Family Court judge that I am past due on child support. She lied and said she was not evicted by housing police in August of 2009 and even though I didn’t pay her for the first year she was on her own with her baby...
July 5th 12 03:58 AM
by Sam Sloan[_3_] Go to last post
1 1,217
Reasons for Turkish Chess Federation boycott on US Chess Arbiters by samsloan
Three factors that everybody on the group seems to overlook a 1. In addition to suing FIDE, the USCF also sued former USCF President Beatriz Marinello. She was one of the seven FIDE Vice-Presidents sued by the USCF as mentioned in the statement by Ali Nihat Yazici. 2. In December of last year, the USCF boycotted the Women’s World Team Championships that was organized and held by Ali Nihat...
July 2nd 12 03:44 AM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
3 490
Estate of Mike Goodall - Report on Forensic Document Examination by samsloan
SAM WARE (State Bar No. 105005) 700 Larkspur Landing Circle, #199 Larkspur, CA 94939 Telephone 415-464-4872 E-mail Attorney for Sam Sloan, administrator of Estate
June 30th 12 02:49 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
0 458
I finally got a FIDE Rating by samsloan
I competed in the "Best of the West Class Championship" in Santa Clara California this weekend. While I did not do well, it seems fairly certain that I got a FIDE rating from this event. This is because I already had 8 FIDE rated games. It takes 9 so I was one short. It seems that I need to have 3 FIDE rated opponents for an event to be FIDE ratable, so I could not just play one game and get my...
June 28th 12 04:45 AM
by samsloan Go to last post
2 434
I have Just Published My First Three Books on Kindle by samsloan
I now have 19 books on Kindle plus I am adding one more tomorrow. Here is the latest. http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EDITSK Unfortunately, my chess diagrams do not always come out on Kindle. Some times they are OK, some times not. Could anybody please check this one to see if the diagrams appear?
June 25th 12 02:16 PM
by Jürgen R.[_2_] Go to last post
1 453
Checkmate in Prague by Luděk Pachman by samsloan
ISBN 4871874931 http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871874931 http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ISBN=4871874931 ISBN 4871874907 http://www.amazon.com/dp/4871874907
(Multi-page thread 1 2 3)
June 24th 12 06:08 PM
by samsloan Go to last post
20 1,040
Article on Zurich 1953 in NIC by Taylor Kingston[_3_]
I thought rgc readers might like to know that the latest issue of New In Chess: http://www.newinchess.com/New_In_Chess_2012_4-p-481.html contains an article I wrote, "Sammy and the Soviets", about Reshevsky's struggles at the 1953 Candidates Tournament. I'm sure our trolls here will make their usual snide comments, but serious and sincere chess-lovers will, I believe, find the article...
June 22nd 12 10:29 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
0 389
Sam Sloan appears in Japanese Movie Clip by samsloan
I just discovered an appearance by Sam Sloan in a 1984 Japanese movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=YzMNHdZMQls The movie is Mahjong Horoki made in 1984. He only says one line, "Hey, play by the rules, will you."
(Multi-page thread 1 2)
June 22nd 12 05:22 PM
by None Go to last post
17 981
Sam Sloan at the National Open Chess Festival in Las Vegas by samsloan
1.g4 e5 2.d3 Bc5 3.Nc3 d5 4.h3 Ne7 5.Bg2 O-O 6.a3 f5 7.Bg5 c6 8.Qd2 f4 9.Nf3 h6 10.Bxe7 Qxe7 11.d4 exd4 12.Nxd4 Na6 13.O-O Nc7 14.Rae1 Qf6 15.e3 Bxd4 16.Qxd4 Qxd4 17.exd4 f3 18.Bh1 h5 19.Re7 Ne6 20.gxh5 Nxd4 21.Rd1 Nf5 22.Rc7 Nd6 23.Rd3 Bxh3 24.Bxf3 Bf5 25.Rd2 Rae8 26.Nxd5 cxd5 27.Bxd5+ Kh7 28.Bxb7 Re1+ 29.Kh2 Nxb7 30.Rxb7 Be4 31.Rxa7 Rh1+ 32.Kg3 Rf3+ 33.Kg4 Rg1+ 34.Kh4 Bf5 35.Rd3 Rg4# 0-1
June 19th 12 06:36 PM
by Taylor Kingston[_3_] Go to last post
1 428
correspondence chess by Alex
Do you play correspondence chess? is computer use allowed? my friend is a 1500. he told me played a game against an 1100 USCF. but guy must have been using a computer because he played like a 2500 in correspondence chess. is that normal ?
June 12th 12 01:32 PM
by kay gee Go to last post
4 450
Chess Life Article on TTU and Polgar by BLafferty[_4_]
From the June Issue of Chess Life AS THE LAST ROUND BEGAN at the 2012 President’s Cup—perhaps better known as the Final Four of College Chess —Evan Rosenberg of New York University (NYU) resolved to do one thing that no member of his team had done for the entire tournament.
June 5th 12 02:36 AM
by BLafferty[_4_] Go to last post
2 458