Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: samsloan
Forum: rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) October 2nd 17, 12:41 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Replies: 0
Posted By samsloan
My chess playing canary in the coal mine!

I have an old friend who calls me every two or three days to tell me how the latest thing Trump did is great. Trump did this thing which is great, Trump did that other thing that is great and Trump...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) September 18th 17, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By samsloan
What happened to the Yugoslav Chess Team??

Vini Zvani Pu

Winnie-the-Pooh in Croatian and Bosnian
A Translation of A. A. Milne's Winnie-the-Pooh
Translated by Luka Semenović

Winnie-the-Pooh is the most popular children's book in the world...
Forum: rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) September 2nd 17, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Replies: 0
Posted By samsloan
The Man Who made my Marriage

This man was important to me because he is the person who wrote the letter to me on behalf of a Kalash girl named Sunik asking me to come back to Pakistan to marry her. She had previously asked me to...
Forum: rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) August 26th 17, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Replies: 0
Posted By samsloan
Libertarians to finally get what we have long wanted.

Libertarians to finally get what we have long wanted.
In a speech on August 22, 2017 the President stated that if Congress and the Senate do not provide funding for the Wall, then he will shut down...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) July 5th 17, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By samsloan
Sensational News: A previously unknown woman is on the brink ofwinning the World Open Chess Championship.

Zhansaya Abdumalik drew her last round game and Tigran Petrosian won his last round game so Tigran Petrosian is the World Open Chess Champion. Zhansaya Abdumalik tied for second with several others....
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) July 5th 17, 02:13 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By samsloan
Sensational News: A previously unknown woman is on the brink ofwinning the World Open Chess Championship.

Sensational News: A previously unknown woman is on the brink of winning the World Open Chess Championship. No woman has ever done this before or even come close. Moreover, she is only 17. Zhansaya...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) November 12th 16, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By samsloan
World Chess Champion has played the Trump Attack

In honor of our next president, the World Chess Champion has played the Trump Attack.
The Trump attack goes 1. d4 Nf6 2. Bg5
Usually this is followed by 2. ... Ne4 3. Bh4 but instead the challenger...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 15th 16, 10:46 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 118
List of Authors Banned or Blacklisted by USCF Sales

On Thursday, December 22, 2005 at 9:29:21 AM UTC-5, Sam Sloan wrote:
I have posted on Wikipedia a List of Authors Banned or Blacklisted by
USCF Sales. It is a very distinguished list, which many...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 15th 16, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By samsloan
Touch Move Rule in Chinese Chess

In the last round of the World Championship of Xiangqi in Munich, Germany in 2015 I made a horrific blunder. In a winning position, I moved a rook off my back rank, allowing my opponent a simple back...
Forum: rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) September 27th 16, 05:53 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Replies: 0
Posted By samsloan
Board's Abuse Of Power

On Sunday, April 26, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Larry Parr wrote:
The following mailing was made to all USCF voters by Nigel Eddis, treasurer of
Friends of the USCF, on April 22, 1993:

Forum: rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) September 15th 16, 09:44 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Replies: 1
Posted By samsloan
African No-Shows in Baku Chess Olympiad

African No-Shows in Baku Chess Olympiad

A shocking development in the first round of the World Chess Olympiad in Baku Azerbaijan was that sixteen teams that were in the pairings did not show up and...
Forum: rec.games.chess.politics (Chess Politics) September 15th 16, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.politics
Replies: 0
Posted By samsloan
Board Prize Winners from the 2016 World Chess Olympiad in Baku

Here are the Board Prize Winners from the 2016 World Chess Olympiad in Baku.. It is difficult to imagine how hard they had to work to win these prizes. Notice that the hats were too small for almost...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) September 13th 16, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By samsloan
Paul Truong of Cambodia made member of FIDE media body

Paul Truong of Cambodia made member of FIDE media body
BAKU, AZERBAIJAN
Paul Truong of Cambodia made member of FIDE media body
When FIDE Deputy President Georgios Makropoulos read...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) September 13th 16, 04:34 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By samsloan
Bulgaria Expelled from FIDE, the World Chess Federation, Conditionally

Georgios Makropoulos FIDE Deputy President explained that there is no provision to suspend the membership of a FIDE member. FIDE must either expel the member or do nothing at all. So, in this case,...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) September 12th 16, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By samsloan
Bulgaria Expelled from FIDE, the World Chess Federation, Conditionally

Bulgaria Expelled from FIDE, the World Chess Federation, Conditionally
BAKU, AZERBAIJAN

In a shocking and apparently unprecedented development, Bulgaria has been expelled from...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) September 11th 16, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By samsloan
Kosovo* admitted to membership in FIDE, the World Chess Federation

Kosovo* admitted to membership in FIDE, the World Chess Federation
BAKU, AZERBAIJAN
At a meeting of the FIDE General Assembly this afternoon, Kosovo* was admitted to membership....
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) July 6th 16, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By samsloan
Sam Sloan Games in the 2016 World Open

[Event "World Open"]
[Site "Philadelphia PA USA"]
[Date "2016.07.03"]
[Round "06"]
[White "Melashvili, Nino"]
[Black "Sloan, Sam"]
[Result "1-0"]
[ECO "A04"]
[WhiteElo "2205"]
[BlackElo "1972"]
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) June 25th 16, 04:22 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By samsloan
Sam Sloan Candidate for US Congress plays Chinese Chess inChinatown in New York City

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 at 6:40:50 AM UTC-4, samsloan wrote:
Sam Sloan Candidate for US Congress plays Chinese Chess in Chinatown in New York City.

https://youtu.be/INUfN_4Y7I4

Have you...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) June 25th 16, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By samsloan
Sam Sloan gives Simultaneous Chess Exhibition

Sam Sloan, Chess Educator of The Year 2014 at Viking Chess Club
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvjWfTWaLwo
Sam Gives Simultaneous Chess Exhibition. Sam won all the games.
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) June 25th 16, 12:40 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 6
Posted By samsloan
Sam Sloan Candidate for US Congress plays Chinese Chess in Chinatownin New York City

Sam Sloan Candidate for US Congress plays Chinese Chess in Chinatown in New York City.

https://youtu.be/INUfN_4Y7I4
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) February 29th 16, 01:13 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By samsloan
Sam Sloan for President TV Ad on Youtube

On Wednesday, February 3, 2016 at 8:03:24 AM UTC-8, samsloan wrote:
Sam Sloan for President TV Ad on Youtube

Sam Sloan Democratic Presidential Candidate on C-SPAN2
I am preparing an ad for...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 20th 15, 12:10 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By samsloan
Emory A Tate

I thought you were going to ask why he would not make that statement if he were white.
A famous grandmaster Efim Bogoljubov often said "When I am white, I win because I am white. When I am black I...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 19th 15, 07:17 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By samsloan
Emory A Tate

International Master Emory Tate has died two days ago during a chess tournament in San Jose California. What is more shocking is I am just finding out about it now. I have yet to see any reports...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 19th 15, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By samsloan
Emory A Tate

On Sunday, October 18, 2015 at 3:55:08 PM UTC-7, Offramp wrote:
Emory Tate has died at a tournament.

Sorry. He was 56 when he died, not 59.

Sam Sloan
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100