Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) January 14th 17, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Magnus Carlsen

Anyone know what other World Champion had a short fuse? Magnus gets
mad pretty quick and doesn't care who's around to see.

EZoto
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) December 11th 16, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Proposed Change to WCh by Susan Polgar

Chess will wind up like tennis, with the server taking for ever to make the perfect serve an ace and it already seems to favor white in this way.

I don't agree. Many tennis purists feel...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) December 6th 16, 03:19 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 34
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Proposed Change to WCh by Susan Polgar

On Mon, 5 Dec 2016 13:34:21 -0800 (PST), wrote:

My Proposed Change to World Championship Format Think Outside of the Box!

Before going deeper into my proposal, let me...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) December 6th 16, 03:11 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Next world championship

On Sun, 4 Dec 2016 08:29:24 -0800 (PST), Offramp
wrote:

I think play in recent world championship matches has become too technical. Players are better than in the 1930s and...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) November 1st 16, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 5
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
We all know Kasparov is still a world-class blitz player but is his opening play a strength or a weakness?

On Wed, 21 Sep 2016 06:45:46 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

snip

lucky to have won ahead of this giant, who beat him at the age of 53
and after 11 years of rust."

That is an amazing...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 26th 16, 05:38 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Lasker Schlechter +2 clause.

snip

The history of this match is well known but I don't know or it is unknown as to why Schlecter would agree to such outrageous conditions for a match. It is well known that Lasker feared him...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 16th 16, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Millionaire chess

Rainer wrote:

On 16/10/2016 11:11, Paul wrote:

Why did the Millionaire Chess event not attract the elite like Carlsen,
Caruana, Karjakin, So, Nakamura etc? (Yes, I know I'm...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) October 14th 16, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Paul Truong of Cambodia made member of FIDE media body

So it is acceptable in your eyes that Zsuzsa first husband beat the crap out of her and she is at fault for not being a submissive wife. It is acceptable that sharia law takes over the world etc...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) August 1st 16, 06:31 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 14
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Effect of computer cheating scandals on blitz chess

Paul wrote:

It occurs to me that it would be far more difficult to computer-cheat at blitz chess (for example 3 mins for each side per game + an extra two seconds per move) than under...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) June 14th 16, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Pawn promotion

Euclides Zoto wrote:

In the Paris Blitz tournament Nakamura Topalov game, Topalov promoted
his pawn on the eighth rank but pressed his clock then put the Queen on
the square. Nakamura...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) June 12th 16, 10:34 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Pawn promotion

In the Paris Blitz tournament Nakamura Topalov game, Topalov promoted
his pawn on the eighth rank but pressed his clock then put the Queen on
the square. Nakamura claimed the game so Topalov lost. ...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) May 9th 16, 01:02 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Peter Svidler

Just saw his game as black against Karjakin in a Ruy Lopez in the
Russian team championship. Svidler has beaten the best players in the
world with the black side of the Ruy Lopez. And he doesn't...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) May 8th 16, 12:13 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 4
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
GLC Chess Tournament, March 1986

Offramp wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a complete pgn file on the internet of all the games of the 1986 GLC Tournament played 11-27th March 1986 in London?

Is that the GLC masters...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) April 19th 16, 01:27 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 0
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
US Championship

Looks like a showdown between So and Nakamura is coming up to see who
gets the US title with Caruana and Robson still in the hunt.
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) April 19th 16, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Karjakin withdraws from Norway.

M Winther wrote:

On 18/04/2016 02:22, Euclides Zoto wrote:
Does anyone know why? Would have been a game to watch if both of them
had met. Again however it almost seems Karjakin avoids...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) April 18th 16, 02:22 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 2
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Karjakin withdraws from Norway.

Does anyone know why? Would have been a game to watch if both of them
had met. Again however it almost seems Karjakin avoids playing him. In
my last post most of the games they have played are...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) April 10th 16, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 1
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Carlsen - Karjakin

Was looking up all of there previous encounters in the database and
almost 90% of their encounters were in blitz or rapid events. They
played just a couple of games in real tournaments and they are...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) April 3rd 16, 01:37 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
HA. HA. haaaaa... GO busted. Google DeepMind AlphaGo beats LeeSe-dol in game 1

Quadibloc wrote:

On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 5:22:39 PM UTC-6, Euclides Zoto wrote:
Unfortunately now they will have to look out for
cheaters in major tournments but again like chess...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) March 23rd 16, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 9
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
HA. HA. haaaaa... GO busted. Google DeepMind AlphaGo beats LeeSe-dol in game 1

raylopez99 wrote:

I remember when Usenet had a GO forum (seems to have disappeared) I trolled them after Deep Blue won vs Kasparov, telling them their turn was next, and how smug and...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) March 19th 16, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Hikaru Nakamura, age 10, scores 2450 performance at Chicago Open

raylopez99 wrote:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 at 2:06:00 AM UTC+8, Offramp wrote:
On Tuesday, 9 June 1998 08:00:00 UTC+1, Sam Sloan wrote:
10-year old Hikaru Nakamura, the youngest...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) February 14th 16, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 54
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
First steps towards my goal of reaching an Expert rating.

wrote:

On Wednesday, December 16, 2015 at 3:05:31 PM UTC-6, Phil Innes wrote:
On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 12:23:23 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Played two...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) January 11th 16, 05:06 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 11
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Sam Sloan's Review of the Movie Pawn Sacrifice

Having met Spassky I'd defniitely say he was an unlikely Cold War
Villain. I'd say the same about Keres (who I also met).

You met Keres. That certainly makes you one of the elite few in the...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) January 4th 16, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Nigalidze punished

snip

Wasn't that the accusation against Topolov? That his trainer was passing him coded hand signals during critical positions in a match? Didn't hurt his reputation much.

snip

I read...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) December 29th 15, 05:56 AM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Nigalidze punished

Offramp wrote:

GM Nigalidze has been given a 3-year ban for using a smartphone during a game, and probably using it to cheat.

Three years seems about right. Chess is his career and it would be...
Forum: rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General) November 26th 15, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.games.chess.misc
Replies: 3
Posted By Euclides Zoto[_3_]
Magnus Carlsen

raylopez99 wrote:

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 8:41:01 AM UTC+8, Euclides Zoto wrote:
What is going on with Magnus? At the Euro Team championship he is
playing Pelletier. A strong...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100