Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts From Last Day
The Flanders Panel by [email protected]
Andy Walker just put up a retrograde puzzle The most complex retrograde puzzle I know of is from The Flanders Panel, a novel by Arturo PĂ©rez-Reverte. The chess puzzle accompanies the mystery of the painting. Anyway, I wonder if people know of this puzzle, and Taylor Kingston once told me that the chess puzzle had a flaw, albeit, he didn't know what it is. Cordially, Phil Innes
4 32 rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General)
Checkless chess by Quadibloc
On Tuesday, April 11, 2017 at 3:16:07 PM UTC-6, Paul wrote: In checkless chess, what happens if a player has moves available which would be legal in normal chess, but all such moves check without checkmating. Is it then stalemate? Looking at A. S. M. Dickins' famous work, I find that "A Fairy Mate is nearly always required" in Checkless Chess or Prohibition Chess as it is also called. So...
Yesterday 10:58 PM
by Quadibloc Go to last post
0 15 rec.games.chess.misc (Chess General)
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2