Old February 2nd 04, 04:59 PM
MightyKitten

Default REQ Allround Freeware Chess Program

Could you pleas help me with selecting a good chess program for my purposes.
I'm not very at home at playing chess, so I will have to put my wishes in
layman's phrases:

- I need to install it on multiple computers at different houses (I got
several requests for a chess program)

- The players will range from novice to peole who occationally play a local
tournament (but mostly people wh play a game of chess once in a while)

- I think graphics/design/looks will be far more important then artificial
intelligence strength (Elo levels)

- Playing over a (local) tcp/ip network would be fun.

- It should be freeware (You're Dutch or you're not!)

- I guess battlechess would do it if it was freeware...
Any suggestion would be welcome.