Old April 7th 04, 06:42 PM
Mikko Nummelin

Default Using stonewall against computers.

On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Juha Kettunen wrote:

Just for fun, and to demonstrate this issue, I just quickly (couple of
minutes ago) tried one game against your engine, Needle 0.53.1. It plays
rather well ... but, I was able very easily to get a draw in 66 moves, no
problems at all! How can I say "very easily" ... becouse I used time only 42

Needle is certainly not in par with Shredder, the former plays in low
or intermediate club-player level. It is not difficult to draw against
it, in fact I have seen many examples of it making stupid blunders and
losing the game.

Mikko Nummelin