Old February 11th 07, 05:19 PM posted to rec.games.chess.computer
Dave (from the UK) Dave (from the UK) is offline

Default New version of ChessDB (enhanced Scid)

I've made a new release of ChessDB

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/

the chess database which is an enhanced version of Scid.

The interface to The Week in Chess (TWIC) is much improved - downloading
the games each week in very easy indeed now. (There is support for an
HTTP proxy server in case you need it)

The interface to ICC and FICS is around 50% complete. You can play with
some of the code for this if you want. (I have removed some of the
telnet code, since I did not want everyone connecting to FICS and/or ICC
doing nothing useful). Once complete, you will be able to download the
history and library of anyone on ICC and the history and journal of
anyone on FICS, which should be useful to find games of players of
similar ability to you, or similar ability to someone you teach.

The specific changes in this release, along with a few screen shots, are
detailed at:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/changes/

You can get the code at

http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...se_mirror=osdn
(windows executable)

or

http://sourceforge.net/project/downl...se_mirror=osdn
(Source code)

I'd be interested in comments of course.

I'm aware there will be some translation errors caused by me
re-arranging some of the text. See the bugs page

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/bugs/

for places where this may occur (of course, I don't know if they are
bugs yet, but I'm listing them as possible bugs, until I know otherwise.)

Let me know if you see a problem and of course, better still if you can
send me an updated language file with the corrections.

--
Dave (from the UK)

It is always of the form:

http://chessdb.sourceforge.net/ - a Free open-source Chess Database